Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Celebrating New Years with Kids
SilverSabre25 08:19 PM 12-30-2012
How does your family celebrate New Years, especially if you have little kids?

Also, what do you do to celebrate with your dcks?

(I ask, at 11:20 PM on december 30th, lol)
CozyHome 08:30 PM 12-30-2012
The downtown park in my city always has a countdown to New Year and fireworks off city hall. Even when my kids were little we went out for hot chocolate and skated on the ice rink in the park and waited for the fireworks. It's a memory we all treasure now that my children are all grown.
spud912 10:06 PM 12-30-2012
Hahaha nothing. I've never been particularly fond of "celebrating" it. I'm lucky if I even notice midnight or am awake. I still being disappointed the first time I saw the ball drop. I thought it actually dropped, not slowly descended for 30 seconds or more.
Lianne 07:35 AM 12-31-2012
My daycare is closed today but I am caring for two children overnight tonight. I was going to a friend's house for the evening, a family friendly party, so I'm taking my two overnight kids with me. These two kids and the ones at the party all know each other but don't see each other often so they're all excited.

We're doing dinner potluck style and people are bringing balloons, glo sticks, sparklers, noise makers, etc.

The kids will play together, there will be board games going, food, movies, etc. I have a couple simple party games in mind if we need them, too.
PolkaTots 07:41 AM 12-31-2012
I always have daycare open, and offer overnight care this night as well. I take the Christmas decorations off of my tree and decorate it with mardi gras beads, leis, NYE hats, and noise makers. (These go to the kiddos when they leave) During the day, we do a sparkling juice toast and Noon Year's celebration...and at night we do a little party and count down with the kiddos closer to their bed time.
Reply Up