Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How would you handle moving as to not lose DCFs early?
PolkaTots 06:39 AM 01-11-2013
Per registration, I have 2 SA, 2PT and 6FT DCKs (plus my own 2 SAs who don't count) My husband has always been my assistant and helped me out with school transportation to elementary schools and preschools. He recently accepted a new job that will require relocation in 6 weeks. I will stay here until the kids are out of school in June, and need to continue to do daycare to have an income until then. But since my DH/Assistant is leaving...I need to downsize so that I am able to transport...How can I term certain families, without the other ones leaving too? And when do I give them notice?
Heidi 07:07 AM 01-11-2013
I say, pull the ones you want to keep aside first, and ask them to keep things confidential.

Tell them you can only keep a some of the kids, and their child is one that you would like to stay. Then you can feel them out and see what their plans are. They may say "oh, we were going to tell you we are moving too", who knows?

After you've got settled who is staying, you can move on to who is going...
cheerfuldom 09:06 AM 01-11-2013
just tell people you are downsizing, period. i wouldnt tell anyone that your dh is leaving or that you are planning to move. just let go some families, you dont have to say anything to the ones that are staying unless they ask or later on, when you are ready to term the rest.
Reply Up