Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>BillPay Problems...
PolkaTots 10:46 AM 12-05-2014
I prefer weekly tuition paid electronically, although cash and checks are fine (if paid on time). The one payment method I despise is BillPay. I require tuition on Friday...and I have a family now that insists on paying by BillPay. DCPs bank mails out checks on Monday, so I usually receive on Thursday or Friday, but sometimes it doesn't come until Saturday or Monday. I told them late fees will still be incurred, but she just screenshots her account to show me it was made, and argues she shouldn't have to pay any late fees. Argh...just had to vent. Now to adjust the new contract to no longer allow BillPay...

Anyone else not allow BillPay? How is your contract worded if so?
SquirrellyMama 11:15 AM 12-05-2014
Have you told her it doesn't matter when she pays it, it matters when you get it? You might tell her to get it in the BillPay system earlier. Maybe if she gets a late fee she'll get it in.

I've been wanting to do BillPay for my daughters' dance tuition, but am nervous about this exact situation.

Kelly
daycarediva 11:26 AM 12-05-2014
My contract states that I accept cash, check or credit card payments (made to ME) only. Credit card payments have to be made by Thursday at 5:30pm.

If credit card payments are made Friday, I don't receive the payment until Monday.

I had this exact situation, dcm couldn't remember to pay me and set up bill pay. After every holiday it was late. Late=funds are not available to me. I charged her the fees each time, and when I amended my contracts to the above, they went elsewhere.
craftymissbeth 12:13 PM 12-05-2014
I had a similar issue recently. Dcm was transferring her state pay on Friday, but it takes one business day to process so I wasn't actually getting paid until Monday.

I made a policy change that states all cash and checks must be *in my hand* by Friday 5:00 pm and all state pay and credit/debit payments must be *in my account* by Friday 5:00 pm.
Tags:automatic - billing, automatic - payment, bill pay
Reply Up