Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Christmas Eve...Supposed to be Closed!
PolkaTots 08:35 AM 12-24-2012
I have never worked on Christmas Eve. I sent reminders in my November and December newsletters that I am closed on Christmas Eve. (Newsletters are emailed, posted on Facebook page, and copies given to each parent...there is no excuse to not read the information on there) Against my better judgement, I agreed to provide care for 2 of the families that misread the newsletter and needed care today. One was for only 4 hours, and she's a super good kiddo, so I really didn't mind...the other said they would be here around 8am (it is now 10:30), and I texted them twice asking what time they were picking up so we could decide on which Christmas Eve service to attend today. I haven't received a response to that question, or heard from them about coming later or not coming at all. UGH...I should have stuck to my guns and just stayed closed
Meeko 09:15 AM 12-24-2012
Send a message saying that as you have not heard back, your services are no longer available. Then put a note on the door saying the same thing and don't answer the door if they show up.
WoodOx 09:20 AM 12-24-2012
I wouldn't waste my time waiting around for that family to show up, so rude of them to say they need you to care for their kid and then not show up or replay back to your messages
i would do what MEEKO suggests.
PolkaTots 09:22 AM 12-24-2012
Yup, that's what I was thinking. The other little girl is getting picked up in 30 mins. After that, I am closed for the day. It's just frustrating that I bend over backwards to help them and then they do this.
hgonzalez 09:44 AM 12-24-2012
You poor thing, why are people so darn rude. I would definitely text and say you are clsoing at ;;;; time as you have not heard back from them.

I just don't get why people are so darn rude! Try to have a nice rest of your day!
PolkaTots 10:05 AM 12-24-2012
Lol...just received a text response at 11am from the text I sent at 8am asking when he would be getting picked up after she said he would be here at 9am...she said he would be getting picked up at 4pm, didn't (her husband) tell me that...Um, no...they still aren't here, so I assumed he wasn't coming. Here it is Noon...no response and no kiddo...and my other one will be picked up shortly...sorry, I am closed now I just don't get some people!
cheerfuldom 04:44 PM 12-24-2012
This is why I have a policy that if the kids are not here by 9AM, they are considered absent for the day and service will not be provided if they arrive later than that. I never used to have this issue but one part time parent started arrive after 9, sometimes 10 (their original drop off time was 730). That meant we couldnt go for a morning walk because I never knew if she was coming or not and she would not communicate well wither. so I had to make a morning dropoff time limit.
Reply Up