Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Soooo Knew Better!!!
PolkaTots 07:32 PM 01-10-2013
Red Flag Interview:
-Lasts 3.5 hours
-Child is mean to your children
-Wants you to start that night
-You charge $3X per day, and her current unregistered "evening babysitter" charges $2X a day. (You are registered, level B, ChildNet, QRS 2, and several year experience) She tries everything to negotiate your rate. You meet her in the middle, and she tells you she won't pay for sick days or vacation, or when her daughter is not there.
-She tells you she got angry that her provider made her leave work to come clean puke on her child and couldn't understaned why she still couldn't keep her the rest of the time. Yes, she expects you to keep her sick child!
-Although she is a single mom with a great job, she tells you the father is in prison and will be out soon.

and I feel sorry for her...and enroll her for way less than my rate...and she just keeps trying to get me to accept what her previous person did...

Ugh...so glad I didn't take her that first night...I finally just told her I think she would be better off staying with her current arrangement for evening childcare...
cheerfuldom 07:49 PM 01-10-2013
you let an interview go on for 3.5 hours???? WHY?

did you actually take care of this kid at all? I hope not. but at least you scooted them out the door now.
ashleyh 07:58 PM 01-10-2013
the only thing I can say is wow. Good thing you didn't take her because it really doesn't sound like a good fit if she's angry she had to leave work, wanted special arrangements and took a long interview to address that....

I wonder why she thought your care would allow special treatment?
PolkaTots 05:27 AM 01-11-2013
no i did not already enroll her...luckily
MyKzooFamily 05:47 AM 01-11-2013
Originally Posted by PolkaTots:
Red Flag Interview:
-Lasts 3.5 hours
-Child is mean to your children
-Wants you to start that night
-You charge $3X per day, and her current unregistered "evening babysitter" charges $2X a day. (You are registered, level B, ChildNet, QRS 2, and several year experience) She tries everything to negotiate your rate. You meet her in the middle, and she tells you she won't pay for sick days or vacation, or when her daughter is not there.
-She tells you she got angry that her provider made her leave work to come clean puke on her child and couldn't understaned why she still couldn't keep her the rest of the time. Yes, she expects you to keep her sick child!
-Although she is a single mom with a great job, she tells you the father is in prison and will be out soon.

and I feel sorry for her...and enroll her for way less than my rate...and she just keeps trying to get me to accept what her previous person did...

Ugh...so glad I didn't take her that first night...I finally just told her I think she would be better off staying with her current arrangement for evening childcare...

HAHAHAHAHA.... this sounds like one of MY interviews!! And I DEFINITELY said 'No' after taking a day to think about it, and we had more problems via email. From now on, I am going to start cutting interviews short. If I sense it won't work in the first hour, and it continues to go badly or off track, I'm just going to end the interview with "I will take time to think about all this and let you know TONIGHT".
PolkaTots 06:05 AM 01-11-2013
I've never had an interview last that long...ever! No matter how much I tried to politely end it...she just kept talking...I mean, her feet were kicked up on my couch and she was lounging on it...I def think she just needed someone to talk to :/
Reply Up