Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Light at The End
Chatter Box 11:54 AM 03-27-2014
For the last 6 months I have been ready to cash in my chips. I have been looking for months and so far I have only one potential lead that may pan out. I am really crossing my fingers works out.

I feel like you either are replacing families non stop or having to pick your battles and let them walk all over you and there just isn't any in-between. If you stick to your guns moms and dads treat you like crap until you decide to term. I have never in my life felt so disrespected after how much of my life I give to this job. 55-60 hours of working hours a week and it's never enough.

I just can't do it anymore. I can't take the lack of respect. I want my house back. I want more freedom and less hours. I want to feel like I have a life again out side of my house. I want my kids to have their toys in one piece. I want to take the gates down. I want to get rid of all the crap my own kids don't use anymore.

I had a drop-in last summer and it was actually a friend of mine. I watched her son for 2 days because her sitter's little nephew died... and the last day when my friend picked her son up she had the nerve to tell me how bad it really sucked that her sitter stuck her without a babysitter. "I know her nephew died but now all these parents had to find care for however many days".

I have never and will never watch her children again. I am so sick of how we are expected to sacrifice our lives and slit our wrists for these people and their children (sometimes little monsters they created) and be at their beckon call. They think they pay so much but they have no idea how much CRAP we put up from them.

My grandmother... I had a bond with her that was very special. She lived next door to me. I moved into the house next door to her home where I spent most of my life. She came here every single week and watched these kids with me at least a couple of days a week. She knew these people. She talked to them. She was here weekly when they were picked up so that I could get my child from school or run an errand, ect. She snuggled with them and played with them often in front of their parents.

I got a call last October from my uncle. She had called him to take her to the hospital while I was working one day. She never called me. She passed away unexpectedly as soon as she walked in the ER exam room and I never got to say goodbye to her. NOT ONE of these parents came to the funeral or showing. Not one did anything other than inquire on what days they "didn't have to pay for". As badly as they could see how hard that loss had been for me, I could not believe how cold and uncaring they were.

It really got me thinking... gosh after everything I do for them, all the love I have given these kids... the hours I spent with them making and painting salt dough ornament gifts with their kids for them at all the Christmases and other holidays (which they didn't really even seem grateful for) if I died they probably still wouldn't even come to my funeral.

It just saddens and baffles me how devalued we are. It's like we are robots.
taylorw1210 11:59 AM 03-27-2014

I have no words of wisdom - but I'm sorry you're feeling this way.
butterfly 12:08 PM 03-27-2014

nannyde 12:27 PM 03-27-2014
Chatter...if you need someone to talk to you can call me.

My phone number is 515-266-6399

Any time night or day.

Tori

mountainside13 12:47 PM 03-27-2014
I feel the same way some days!! You are not alone!! Lady year when my son was in the hospital having surgery I quickly learned who actually cared about me and my family! It was hurtful! But then there are those few parents that can make it worth it! I'm here too if you want someone to talk too!
Shell 12:56 PM 03-27-2014
The story about your grandma is so heartbreaking!
Wubby 01:06 PM 03-27-2014
Chatter Box, I feel your pain. Not all people are like that, sometimes it feels like that. 3 yrs ago, we learned that my grandson had multiple deformities, he would not live past birth. I chose to be with my son and daughter in law during the 3 days before and after his birth.
I contacted all my parents, to let them know I would be taking some unscheduled days off ( I had already taken my vacation time) and would be giving a full refund for the days I was taking off. Every parent but 1 refused refunds, this 1 parent asked me "What the he** am I supposed to do with my kids for 6 days?" My response " Excuse the he** out of my grandson for choosing to die, next time I will make sure someone contacts you first to schedule their death!!"
Some parents are amazing others are not.
Chatter Box 01:11 PM 03-27-2014
I am just counting the days till I hear at this point. My husband's old boss told me today she is going to be letting go of a girl in the medical practice she manages now. She said I am the first call on her list. She told me it will probably be within the next 30 days or so. My biggest hope is that it will pay enough that I can make it.

I am depressed. I at least had her and now it's just kids. And I have to look at her house now all day everyday. I need to be around adults and doing things that keep my thoughts off of the fact that she is gone. I need people I can have conversations with. It's been tough. She was like a mother to me and it was such a shock.
Second Home 01:21 PM 03-27-2014
I am so sorry for your loss .
MotherNature 01:22 PM 03-27-2014
I am so sorry your families are treating you this way, especially after your grandma's passing. I lost my grandma this May and was able to go to WVa and say bye to her beforehand. We weren't very close as I grew up across the country, but it made me glad to know I saw her again before she died. I'm so sorry you didn't get the chance to say goodbye to your grandma.
llpa 04:52 PM 03-27-2014
I am so sorry for your loss! and I hope things work out so you can get the job you are hoping for. Everyone is right when they say you aren't alone. There are some great families out there, but they are outnumbered by the not so great ones.
coolconfidentme 05:40 PM 03-27-2014
:
FCCarmyprovider 06:52 AM 03-28-2014
Im sorry to hear about your grandma. I am also very close with mine and I know if I were to lose her without saying goodbye it would be a very long time before I was ever normal again.

NightOwl 10:08 AM 03-28-2014
I must say my parents are fantastic. I used to own a center and that was a whole different game, very impersonal. That's what your story reminds me of. Someone once told me, before I started my home business, that it would be different now because I had every right to be picky. I could decide if I liked the child and if i liked the parents. If I didn't, show them the door. There's always more where they came from. Your parents definitely need to be shown the door.
KIDZRMYBIZ 12:11 PM 03-28-2014
So sorry for your loss.

It's true, most of the parents are very detached from the fact that we are human beings just like them. I've had a few experiences that made it obvious who was oblivious and/or selfish, and the few that weren't. I guess the best advice I have is Q-TIP - Quit Taking It Personally. This will help you wherever life leads you. I hope you find peace and happiness.
Naptime yet? 04:53 PM 03-28-2014
Chatterbox, I want to hug you, I wish I could.
misslori50 01:31 PM 03-31-2014
I am so sorry about your grandma. I am praying for you.
KiddieCahoots 01:56 PM 03-31-2014
Sorry Chatter Box.
It saddens me to hear of your hurt and loss.
Some dcp's live in denial to any importance other than their own.
Be strong.
spud912 02:11 PM 03-31-2014
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma . We all understand here!
Tags:death - family member, rude clients
Reply Up