Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2y Old Hitting and Pinching
WImom 06:13 AM 12-17-2012
How do you handle? I've been lucky in my 5 years of doing this and since I only do 2-5 I've never had a child do this daily all the time. She is my DCG I've written about that does the rocking all the time. She's now starting interacting with the other kids but is doing a ton of pinching and hitting them. She does know how to talk but I think forgets or chooses not to, not sure.

I can't give time outs to 2y olds so right now I've been saying nice hands, no hitting, no pinching, removing her from the center. She is sure keeping me busy!!
Blissful Kids 09:45 AM 12-17-2012
I know there is a children's book called "Hands are Not for Hitting". We used it when I worked in Early Head Start where we had lots of issues with hitting. I'm not sure who writes it. Good luck!
MamaG 11:23 AM 12-17-2012
Why can't you give time outs to a 2 year old? Here if they don't play nice at that age they can sit in a high chair or in a pnp with a couple toys off to the side. If she kept it up notes home to make mom aware she needs to teach her daughter better or find alternate care. My other parents don't care her age, at 2 she should know better, they won't tolerate another child picking on their kid and I don't blame them I won't tolerate my day being dictated by a 2 year old. If the child can't follow my curriculum they can't come. That may be harsh but I refuse to cater to a spoiled brat or lazy parents. Finding truly good care that you can count on is a rare thing in our market saturated by sahm's wanting to make a few bucks.
WImom 11:47 AM 12-18-2012
Per licensing we can't give time out's until 3y old.
MamaG 11:58 AM 12-18-2012
Originally Posted by WImom:
Per licensing we can't give time out's until 3y old.
Then I'd put her in a high chair or pnp and call quiet time! lol figures.
Tags:2 year old, aggressive behavior, hitting, pinching
Reply Up