Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Curriculum...How Do You Send Home Work?
frugalmama4 06:57 AM 10-25-2012
Good Morning All!

Do you show off your daycare kids work? How do you do it?

I'm thinking about something I can send home at the end of our learning session (Mid-May) that will show everything we learned.

As of now my kiddos do go home with work in hands daily (most of the time), but would love to have the WOW factor at the end of our learning session.

Thanks for any feedback!
Cat Herder 07:06 AM 10-25-2012
I hang work through out the room and only send home monthly.

It is on fishing line strung across every wall and secured with laundry pins. Very easy.

I also do a photo journal of all artwork to be combined in a yearly posting album.

These can also be made into photo books so parents do not have to keep all artwork.
frugalmama4 07:25 AM 10-25-2012
Love the line ideal!

I really do need a good Cameron...this would be a great reason to buy one.

So you do this for all their work? Like abc tracing/coloring pages etc?

Thanks so much for the feedback!
Cat Herder 07:35 AM 10-25-2012
Originally Posted by frugalmama4:
Love the line ideal!

I really do need a good Cameron...this would be a great reason to buy one.

So you do this for all their work? Like abc tracing/coloring pages etc?

Thanks so much for the feedback!
The fishing line is great because it is not noticeable at the beginning of the month when the room is bare.

I like to do it especially for the "everyday" educational stuff. Most parents toss them (me too, otherwise my house would look like hoarders with 3 kids ) BUT by having those digital photos I can show the progress over the 4 years they are here on one tiny CD.

THAT has been so cool for ME. It inspires me each year when I get the blahs...

Oh, yeah.... The parents seem to dig it, too.
frugalmama4 08:00 AM 10-25-2012
Great, thanks.

The line will be great to incorporate once I move into the garage (its my prayer to be in there by next May). Using the kids work to create visual art is a great and FREE ideal...your so smart!

I think I will be looking for a Cameron this holiday season...thanks so much for the feedback...I love this forum!
daycarediva 07:55 AM 10-29-2012
I have a take home folder that goes home every Friday. I reserve 1-2 projects a week for the walls and those go home at the end of the month.

I should take pictures and do a scrapbook as well! My parents would LOVE that!
Auntie'sHouse 10:56 AM 11-04-2012
I sent home a marble notebook a few times a week with dittos taped to every page and I dated the page. Not one parent seemed to be happy about sharing the responsibility of teaching their child. It was very simple, 5 minutes the most. Color the picture red that starts with the letter D.
Tags:curriculum, daily work, preschool
Reply Up