Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Preschool Curriculum
kcnjason 01:29 PM 02-16-2011
I have ran a home daycare for 5 years and have struggled to find a good curriculum. I have tried several curriculums in which I have purchased and have not been real happy with them, therefore I have tried to create my own curriculums for the children. I find myself struggling on Where to start, when teaching letters, what theme to do with the letters. I almost feel as if I need a curriculum written out so I know what exactly to pull together. Does anyone have any suggestions on making a curriculum and what exactly you do in one day???? Such as from the beginning of the day through the end of the day, circle time, letters, numbers, themes, etc. I would appreciate any feed back you are willing to provide.
Unregistered 05:27 PM 06-12-2011
Originally Posted by kcnjason:
I have ran a home daycare for 5 years and have struggled to find a good curriculum. I have tried several curriculums in which I have purchased and have not been real happy with them, therefore I have tried to create my own curriculums for the children. I find myself struggling on Where to start, when teaching letters, what theme to do with the letters. I almost feel as if I need a curriculum written out so I know what exactly to pull together. Does anyone have any suggestions on making a curriculum and what exactly you do in one day???? Such as from the beginning of the day through the end of the day, circle time, letters, numbers, themes, etc. I would appreciate any feed back you are willing to provide.
i am totally with you...i have tons of stuff but seem to have no clue how to put it all together!
melskids 03:31 AM 06-13-2011
some plder threads on this topic....

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26548

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17843
daycare 12:46 PM 06-13-2011
I tend to match numbers with letters and follow a theme...

ex. a-1 b-2 c-3 and so on..

there are so many free websites these days with curriculum to follow its great.
I also purchase books from a comapny called the mailbox .com and use them to plan my curriculum

they have a great one for preschool age called day by day preschool plans... I start with this and add to it. the book only cost me $20.00 and I get to use their online resources and free printables...
i love it
Unregistered 09:40 AM 06-14-2011
I have used the Home Preschool Program for years. You pay a small amount per child and they send you a lesson plan for each day & all of the materials needed as well. It's great and the kids love it!
I recently discovered Kidsoup.com and think it's a great alternative. It works for me, because my number of kids fluctuate and it can be used with a wide range of ages. The themes are fun and they have great learning activities and crafts.
Tags:curriculum, preschool curriculum
Reply Up