Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Little Acorn Learning Curriculum
SunflowerMama 12:10 PM 05-23-2011
Anyone used Little Acorn Learning Curriculum? I am thinking about trying it out during the summer months and if we like it purchasing the full year in September. And for us it would be great because we are Little Acorn Childcare .

www.littleacornlearning.com

I know another provider that has a Waldorf home childcare and she loves LAL.

It's a very nature based (non-academic) curriculum and the monthly themes/daily activities are emailed as ebooks.

Anyone have any experience with it?
kidkair 12:07 PM 05-25-2011
Thanks for bringing this up. I took a look at the site and think I would absolutely love to follow this one. I'm getting FunShine Express right now and I love it but it's very expensive and has so much it's going to take me years to learn all the parts to it. I have found there is no way for me to keep up with everything new every month. When I have a little extra money I'm going to get seasonal eating books. I wanted to try and do this anyway and for someone to have already planned it is awesome! I'm also going to look more into Waldorf. Keep us posted with your experience with LAL.
melskids 02:41 AM 05-26-2011
i was just looking at it too...and it looks pretty neat.

you know me...i cant pick just one philosophy/curriculum...lol so i'd love to add this to what we already do. i love the practical life of montessori, the art aspect of reggio emilia, and the nature/natural and fantasy of waldorf.
Crystal 06:58 AM 05-26-2011
It looks pretty interesting. I'm not one for purchased curriculums, but I'd like to see what this really looks like when you have a whole month of it.

melskids....I'm with you. I like a little bit of each, all intertwined to make one rich program.

I might have to check this one out, if not only for some new ideas. Thanks for sharing
lucky 07:26 AM 05-26-2011
Thankyou so much for sharing. I love this. I am going to try also!
SunflowerMama 01:16 PM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by melskids:
i was just looking at it too...and it looks pretty neat.

you know me...i cant pick just one philosophy/curriculum...lol so i'd love to add this to what we already do. i love the practical life of montessori, the art aspect of reggio emilia, and the nature/natural and fantasy of waldorf.
I'm right there with you! Those are the same aspects I like best about each approach as well.
melissa ann 05:23 PM 05-30-2011
I just checked it out. I think I will be getting this one. It looks really good.
melissa ann 05:02 PM 06-01-2011
I just ordered the 3 day/week plan for July.
SunflowerMama 06:46 PM 06-01-2011
I started yesterday and the kids really like it! I'm doing the 5 day June program and it's going really well. There are a lot of verses/blessings that I've added to my day and to our circle time and the kids are definitely taking to it. I think we're going to stick with this one!
Tags:curriculum, little acorn
Reply Up