Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>If You Buy A Curriculum...Do You Include Part Timers?
MommyMuffin 10:06 AM 07-29-2011
If you buy packaged curriculum do you pay for part time children too?

I dont want to waste money on buying more supplies for the whole month if they arent even here some days.

Their parents have never said anything about wanting a curriculum but I know it would be a bonus for them and may help me retain clients.

I am not a person who can just think up an activity for them either. I am too busy to plan anything for them on my own.

If I dont buy it what are the parents going to think when little Johnny takes home a project everyday but their child never has one to take home.
Zoe 10:20 AM 07-29-2011
Could you just buy one extra one and use it for whenever a part timer is there? It might be a different project than what the other ones are doing but at least you have something already prepared for you that way the PT's aren't left out.
daycare 10:23 AM 07-29-2011
I charge $20.00 a month for full timers 4/5 days a week
I charge $15.00 a month for part timers 2/3 days a week

I create enough projects for 6 kids and split it with my part timers.... So I have 2 part timers that take up a full time spot and they split it.
JaydensMommy 11:08 AM 07-29-2011
I do purchase curriculum and do charge the parents a small fee for it, I charge my one part timer less than the full timers. I wouldn't want to exclude the part timer from the curriculum activities and crafts so it wasn't really an option not to include her.
DCMom 11:37 AM 07-29-2011
I do. In the past, I have the same number of preschoolers each day ~ 4 kids sharing two spots~ so its just different kids doing the curriculum. M-W-F, Susie does the project and T-TH Johnny does the project, kwim?

This fall, I will have an 'extra' on Tuesday/Thursday so I will order for him also and just toss the extra in my collection of craft stuff.
Preschool/daycare teacher 08:42 PM 07-30-2011
I charged the parents a little once a month last year when I did a pre-purchased curriculum. Part timers and full timers paid the same curriculum fee each month, whether they were here 3 days or 5. If I had stuff left over from the 3 day/week children I just sent their packets home with them to do at home if they wanted.
SilverSabre25 06:21 AM 07-31-2011
Originally Posted by Preschool/daycare teacher:
I charged the parents a little once a month last year when I did a pre-purchased curriculum. Part timers and full timers paid the same curriculum fee each month, whether they were here 3 days or 5. If I had stuff left over from the 3 day/week children I just sent their packets home with them to do at home if they wanted.
I love this idea!
Tags:curriculum, part time - curriculum
Reply Up