Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Climbing Out Of Pack & Play
DaisyMamma 11:01 AM 10-22-2012
Almost 2 years old.
A cot would be a worse problem, he would never stay on it.
I know the first responce will be that for his safety he shouldn't be climbing out, but he does it like he's an expert and I'm right there. I watch him and after a few NOs he will cry himself to sleep. On a cot NO doesn't work. He does NOT get it!.
What shall I do with this little guy?
He should be on a cot but can't handle the freedom. It's like he doesn't know its for sleeping.
Lilbutterflie 11:20 AM 10-22-2012
The rule here is when they start climbing out of the pack n play, it's time for nap mats (that's what we use here). I think that consistency is key. They get up, you say "No. Nite Nite." and put them back. Rinse and repeat. They usually all learn within a couple days not to get up from their mats.
crazydaycarelady 11:29 AM 10-22-2012
I have been stuggling with the same problem. This kid I have would NEVER stay on a nap mat. He is 18mo but barely sleeps as it is, his naptime is more for my benefit. As soon as I left the room he would be wandering and he gets himself into trouble. He can gets out of the pac-n-play like a trained trapeze artist!
DaisyMamma 11:47 AM 10-22-2012
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
I have been stuggling with the same problem. This kid I have would NEVER stay on a nap mat. He is 18mo but barely sleeps as it is, his naptime is more for my benefit. As soon as I left the room he would be wandering and he gets himself into trouble. He can gets out of the pac-n-play like a trained trapeze artist!
Lol. I think we have the same kid. He started this at 18mo.
It's funny, he will sleep great in a room alone once he sleeps, but if he is in the main room no way! He will not sleep at all. But naturally I'm worried about him being alone as well.
cheerfuldom 01:49 PM 10-22-2012
you can try a halo sleep sack for big kids...may be enough to keep him from lifting one leg to go up and out.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001D7HNOU/..._df_B001D7HNOU

Tags:pack and play, supervision - active vs. passive
Reply Up