Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Curriculum Organization
MsLaura529 06:55 AM 06-02-2013
What do you use to organize all of your curriculum things? The only thing I can think of is a bunch of tubs ... but I don't know where I would store all of those. I don't have a lot of room to work with. Bu I would need something large enough to store the themed books, sensory bin materials, etc.

Do you keep a sample project of each craft you do, or do you take a picture to remember?
Cradle2crayons 07:17 AM 06-02-2013
I have two of those huge horizontal three shelf filing cabinets.

One stores diapers etc for each kid.

One stores curriculum stuff.

I'll see if I have a picture. This one is my kiddo supply one but the other one is identical. The very little can't open the drawers. They are metal and heavy.

blandino 01:24 PM 06-02-2013
I bought bankers boxes to store all my items from each unit. I store them all in a closet labels facing out.

I keep a copies of all my worksheets in a file in the box. I also printed out pictures of all the art projects to go along with that unit, on a photo sheet and laminated it and keep it in the box.
MarinaVanessa 04:00 PM 06-02-2013
I know that you said you don't have a lot of room but I also use bins. I use the plastic file containers from office supply stores and put those green hanging file folders in them. I don't do them by "theme" per say because I do an entire month long theme and then break that theme down into sub-themes etc. so I plan my activities by day (day 1, day 2 etc). I have one sometimes 2 hanging file folders per week and then have each day in separate regular folders.

In side each folder I have the day's lesson plan (instructions with materials list), master copies for any templates and books to read for the day. A week in advance, or more if I can, I'll take out the lesson plans and prepare the materials that I need for the week and pre-cut stuff out if I can so that each day in the morning or night before I only have to prepare art materials and supplies (paint, ingredients for cooking activities, specific games or toys etc.)

This helps me out a lot keeping things organized this way because I can keep an entire summer's worth of activities planned in one bin and two months worth of regular activities in a bin. It make take up room but the time saving is totally worth it.
My3cents 10:08 AM 06-05-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
I have two of those huge horizontal three shelf filing cabinets.

One stores diapers etc for each kid.

One stores curriculum stuff.

I'll see if I have a picture. This one is my kiddo supply one but the other one is identical. The very little can't open the drawers. They are metal and heavy.

Thanks for sharing.....

I just wanted to say that I would not be able to leave medicine out like that, meds have to be put away. A child could climb the chair and get at it. Are rules for meds different where you are?

Love the storage unit. I find I can fill those things up in no time at all. Anyone else have this issue? I do the hanging file portable boxes but it takes no time and they are full.
Tags:curriculum, organizing
Reply Up