Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Curriculum
Unregistered 01:22 PM 08-28-2013
I am looking for a new cirruculum as I am dissatisfied with what we are using currently. My budget is very tight right now as I have lost 3 of my 5 children to kindergarten. Any suggestions would be great! Thank you!
Blackcat31 02:19 PM 08-28-2013
Are you looking for something you can print yourself?

If so, PM me (you'll have to register or log in first) and I will provide you with an entire curriculum for BOTH toddlers and preschoolers that is laid out month to month and VERY thorough.

However, everything needs to be printed as the files are on-line. But once, you print the monthly things once, you can save them for use year after year.

Otherwise, the only thing I can think of to suggest is either Google or Pinterest and LOTS of internet surfing.
jenboo 02:54 PM 08-28-2013
What kind of curriculum are you looking for? My daycare is Reggio Emilia inspired...no worksheets or anything. I pick a monthly theme and let the kids take it from there..
For example, if we are talking about senses and a child starts talking about taste, I'll plan a couple activities around it.
I also make sure that we do math, language and science activities.
I have "goals" (what the children should be able to do by certain ages) that I make sure to include in the activities.
I also keep portfolios for each child which include work samples, anecdotal notes, pictures, etc.
lovemylife 02:59 PM 08-28-2013
Black cat 31- I can't figure out how to PM! I'm new to the site. I would love to print it off. You could also email me.

ashleyblake2345@gmail.com

Thanks!
Blackcat31 03:14 PM 08-28-2013
Originally Posted by lovemylife:
Black cat 31- I can't figure out how to PM! I'm new to the site. I would love to print it off. You could also email me.

ashleyblake2345@gmail.com

Thanks!
I will e-mail the link to you.

In the mean time, if you click on my user name, a drop down menu will appear. One of the choices will be "Send user a Private Message". Click that and it will bring you to the screen for typing your PM.

Feel free to try it out and send me as many PM's as needed until you have it figured out.

If you need any additional help, let me know and I will see what I can do.

I will send you the link for the curriculum right now.
Sunchimes 04:08 PM 08-28-2013
I just want to say that Blackcat's curriculum is wonderful. We start it next week, and it has certainly made my life easier!
Maria2013 04:14 PM 08-28-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Are you looking for something you can print yourself?

If so, PM me (you'll have to register or log in first) and I will provide you with an entire curriculum for BOTH toddlers and preschoolers that is laid out month to month and VERY thorough.

However, everything needs to be printed as the files are on-line. But once, you print the monthly things once, you can save them for use year after year.

Otherwise, the only thing I can think of to suggest is either Google or Pinterest and LOTS of internet surfing.
I made my own curriculum adding together my own ideas, those of other curriculum and online material, do you mind if I take a look at your link too?
Crazy8 04:21 PM 08-28-2013
I have been wondering about curriculums also - is there one that is most recommended for 2 year olds?? I used to just plan my own but really don't have the after hours time for that anymore!
jessrlee 05:05 PM 08-28-2013
Blackcat- any way I can get on the curriculum train??

jessrlee@hotmail.com
iluvlearning 04:56 AM 08-29-2013
In my many years in the business, I've used all kinds of curriculum...Mother Goose Time, Funshine Express, Creative Curriculum...and I've also written my own (a lot of time!). Right now I'm trying something new...Gee Whiz Education. So far, so good...I like that it is cheap and covers all ages but it is all online and I do have to print. You might want to check out the Curriculum thread on this forum. I found it very helpful.

There are also a lot of resource good books out there but then you have to do your own planning. Pinterest is a great place to get quick ideas if you are looking for something specific.

Good luck!
Blackcat31 06:43 AM 08-29-2013
Originally Posted by Maria2013:
I made my own curriculum adding together my own ideas, those of other curriculum and online material, do you mind if I take a look at your link too?
Originally Posted by jessrlee:
Blackcat- any way I can get on the curriculum train??

jessrlee@hotmail.com
I sent you both a PM with the link

Let me know if you didn't get it or have trouble with it.
jessrlee 06:44 AM 08-29-2013
Thanks Blackcat!!!
Josiegirl 10:47 AM 08-29-2013
Blackcat, would you be so kind to send me the link to your curriculum also? I'm having a hard time deciding what I want to do this fall. I'll have a cute little group of girls, ages 15 months-3.5 years.
Thanks!
Maria2013 10:47 AM 08-29-2013
I sent you both a PM with the link

Let me know if you didn't get it or have trouble with it.
I see one pm I can only assume it's yours (haven't had many so far ) I'll opened it and check it out tonight cause nap's about over

thank you so much
melilley 10:49 AM 08-29-2013
Blackcat, could I also take a peek too! I have children 3 and under and I do implement play based curriculum, but may look to add a little to it.
Thanks!
Jack Sprat 10:52 AM 08-29-2013
Blackcat!! Me too! Please!

Also, we use Early Start/Fun Start. Right now its just my DD and dcb who is 20 months. So not really worth the $ right now but, I am positive it will be soon!
Patches 10:57 AM 08-29-2013
BlackCat,
This is the second thread I've seen you get swarmed for your curriculum. You should just post a stick thread called "BlackCat's Curriculum" and put it all in there
LoraJenkins 11:12 AM 08-29-2013
Originally Posted by Patches:
BlackCat,
This is the second thread I've seen you get swarmed for your curriculum. You should just post a stick thread called "BlackCat's Curriculum" and put it all in there

Orie 11:27 AM 08-29-2013
Hi, I would love to take a look at it too. I am trying to get things ready, and would love some new ideas.
Thank you.
Orie
ralandlal@comcast.net
Blackcat31 11:28 AM 08-29-2013
Originally Posted by Patches:
BlackCat,
I think you are right.... I do NOT mind though!

I would just post the link but I am not sure I am suppose to.... I know that might not make sense but I am just not sure since it's a curriculum I bought and I am unsure of the legalities of just openly posting it....kwim?

The curriculum I am linking to is one I purchased a few years back. I used the heck out of it when I first got it because I LOVED how nice it was laid out and organized. After a few years of using it, I got bored and started doing things a bit differently and now I am finding that it no longer meets my personally needs but I do still use a lot of the extra's that are included.

I like it though because it is laid out just like FunShine or Mother Goose in that it has teacher pages that tells you exactly what to do for each learning area and even lists recommended books etc.

It also includes monthly menus, notes home, and LOTS of classroom printables. I think I burned through a couple laminator's while using this curriculum.

Anyways, I think I sent everyone that asked the link.

If I missed anyone, I apologize.

Please send me a PM letting me know you're interested and I'll send you the link.

I don't need e-mail addresses as I have it uploaded on Google Drive because the files are way too large to e-mail.
Crazy In Mo 12:42 PM 08-29-2013
I think you are right.... I do NOT mind though!

I would just post the link but I am not sure I am suppose to.... I know that might not make sense but I am just not sure since it's a curriculum I bought and I am unsure of the legalities of just openly posting it....kwim?

The curriculum I am linking to is one I purchased a few years back. I used the heck out of it when I first got it because I LOVED how nice it was laid out and organized. After a few years of using it, I got bored and started doing things a bit differently and now I am finding that it no longer meets my personally needs but I do still use a lot of the extra's that are included.

I like it though because it is laid out just like FunShine or Mother Goose in that it has teacher pages that tells you exactly what to do for each learning area and even lists recommended books etc.

It also includes monthly menus, notes home, and LOTS of classroom printables. I think I burned through a couple laminator's while using this curriculum.

Anyways, I think I sent everyone that asked the link.

If I missed anyone, I apologize.

Please send me a PM letting me know you're interested and I'll send you the link.

I don't need e-mail addresses as I have it uploaded on Google Drive because the files are way too large to e-mail.
Could I also get a link to it?
Pammy 10:02 PM 09-01-2013
Could I please get the link too! I'm not for sure how you are going to give me the link if you don't do email Sorry I'm new at this
Tags:curriculum, curriculum - age appropriate
Reply Up