Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It's a Sad, Sad Day...
KIDZRMYBIZ 07:07 AM 09-10-2013
None of my preschoolers know who Barney is! How can that be??? I suppose I'm going to have to update my curriculum for purple this week.
Unregistered 07:09 AM 09-10-2013
My kids don't know who Barney is either. I personally don't like him or Sesame Street.
Cat Herder 07:10 AM 09-10-2013
Ugh, is Barney back????

Egh.... better him than Calliou I suppose.

We are into Mat Man, here....
Blackcat31 07:13 AM 09-10-2013
I despise Barney.
CedarCreek 07:21 AM 09-10-2013
I loathe Caillou.

He's a whiner.
KIDZRMYBIZ 07:38 AM 09-10-2013
I couldn't agree more! Barney and Caillou are both ultra annoying, but oh-so-popular for a long time. The worst ever was Teletubbies, followed up closely by Booh-Bahs. They were so weird, but my boys absolutely loved the silly skits done by the family. Admittedly, so did I.
Emsdayhome 07:39 AM 09-10-2013
hahaha my kids LOVE Caillou ! if we watch anything during daycare hours, it's usually Caillou lol. so annoying and whiny but they all seem to like him.
Lyss 07:51 AM 09-10-2013
I hate Barney (and Caillou even more!), my kiddos won't even watch it. I tried once when I was trying to get lunch ready but none were interested. Barney was super huge for awhile but I'm hoping her continues to fade out!
Meyou 07:59 AM 09-10-2013
I would love a group that didn't know who Barney was! He drives me crazy!
MyAngels 08:24 AM 09-10-2013
Okay, I cannot believe I'm saying this - the old Barney was much better than the newer Barney. I'm talking early to mid-nineties Barney. Damn I'm getting old .

Caillou has recently been banned here. Way too much whining.
lovemylife 08:25 AM 09-10-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
I loathe Caillou.

He's a whiner.

Laurel 08:28 AM 09-10-2013
I heard that Caillou was a good thing for pediatric cancer patients to watch because he doesn't have any hair and they could relate. I thought that was interesting.

Laurel
CrackerJacks 08:32 AM 09-10-2013
I can handle a bit of Barney, but not Caillou. You know the other one who gets under my skin, is Elmo! Why does he always refer to himself in the present tense? "Elmo tired, time for Elmo to put Elmo's pajamas on and go to bed" What? Why?
sharlan 08:36 AM 09-10-2013
Caillou is permanently banned in my house. I cannot handle the constant whining. We haven't watched it in about 5 years, and it was better then than the old Caillou who couldn't say one word that wasn't a whine.

I liked Barney, but we haven't watched him either in about 15 years or so.

I have to say though, that Caillou is better than the CRAP that my dh loves and I forbid to be on during daycare hours. The worst is Annoying Orange (or something like that). There's another one he loves that has a ghost, a raccoon, a green monster (?). I hate that one, too! I swear that they kill brain cells by the second.
itlw8 08:44 AM 09-10-2013
I like Cailou yes he has a high pitched voice but to me it is not whining. That is when you do it to get something, His voice is just high. We only watch 1 show and they usually want Sid the science guy or Daniel the tiger...

Those songs on Daniel the Tiger get a bit annoying but they work.

Barney used to be a hit here but this group is not a singing group. But put on sid and they are glued and then go try it themselves
LoraJenkins 09:23 AM 09-10-2013
No Barney here...EVER!!!! Lol, my now 21 yr old daughter was obsessed with him and now I can't hear the theme song without cringing! We LOVE Daniel Tiger. I use his "Clean-up, Pick-up" song at clean-up time. Even my 22 month old sings along. But, I'm pretty sure it will get banned eventually like Barney.
Hunni Bee 09:46 AM 09-10-2013
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Caillou is permanently banned in my house. I cannot handle the constant whining. We haven't watched it in about 5 years, and it was better then than the old Caillou who couldn't say one word that wasn't a whine.

I liked Barney, but we haven't watched him either in about 15 years or so.

I have to say though, that Caillou is better than the CRAP that my dh loves and I forbid to be on during daycare hours. The worst is Annoying Orange (or something like that). another one he loves that has a ghost, a raccoon, a green monster (?). I hate that one, too! I swear that they kill brain cells by the second.
Regular Show.

I LOVE Regular Show. Its honestly the only thing I watch on TV.

Its my only vice, that and Stella Artois Cidre.

I'm weird
Laurel 10:03 AM 09-10-2013
Originally Posted by CrackerJacks:
I can handle a bit of Barney, but not Caillou. You know the other one who gets under my skin, is Elmo! Why does he always refer to himself in the present tense? "Elmo tired, time for Elmo to put Elmo's pajamas on and go to bed" What? Why?
I don't mind Elmo but I don't like Baby Bear as he uses baby talk. Yes, some babies do but most don't.

Laurel
Laurel 10:05 AM 09-10-2013
Originally Posted by LoraJenkins:
No Barney here...EVER!!!! Lol, my now 21 yr old daughter was obsessed with him and now I can't hear the theme song without cringing! We LOVE Daniel Tiger. I use his "Clean-up, Pick-up" song at clean-up time. Even my 22 month old sings along. But, I'm pretty sure it will get banned eventually like Barney.
Just started watching Daniel Tiger because my daughter said my grandson likes it. I love it too. The shows are all about something I like them to learn; potty training, sharing, how to handle being afraid of the dark, etc. I didn't know he had a clean up song but I've only seen a few episodes. Gotta check that out.

Laurel
daycarediva 10:10 AM 09-10-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
I loathe Caillou.

He's a whiner.
Oh yes, Caillou is banned.

I loathe all character things, unless they are books. So we listen to books on tape and play with chester raccoon, pete the cat, pinkalicious, and curious George.
MotherNature 11:10 AM 09-10-2013
Consider it a blessing they don't know who Barney is. That voice, ugh... My kids have no clue who he is either.
Sunchimes 06:30 PM 09-10-2013
No Barney, no Caillou, No Dora. I haven't banned but don't like Peppa Pig. Have they found Gummy Bear on youtube. My oldest dcg learned about it from a cousin. For awhile, she sang it all. the.time. She begs for it on youtube, and after asking her mom, I let her watch it a few times as a major award. shudder. There is something really creepy about a bear dancing around in tidy whities.

Love Little Einsteins and Oso.
Cradle2crayons 06:35 PM 09-10-2013
I'm ok with Barney and even caillou.

But all we watch, if we watch, during daycare is team Oomie zoomie and Dora.

The only show I can't stand is max and ruby.
Meeko 09:21 AM 09-11-2013
I miss The Electric Company. OK...I'm old.
Memc2001 01:06 PM 09-11-2013
Thank you, ladies. This thread is wickedly funny.
BTW, no Caillou or Barney here. I prefer Disney or Nick I guess.
sharlan 02:19 PM 09-11-2013
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
No Barney, no Caillou, No Dora. I haven't banned but don't like Peppa Pig. Have they found Gummy Bear on youtube. My oldest dcg learned about it from a cousin. For awhile, she sang it all. the.time. She begs for it on youtube, and after asking her mom, I let her watch it a few times as a major award. shudder. There is something really creepy about a bear dancing around in tidy whities.

Love Little Einsteins and Oso.
Closely watch the youtube. Twice in the past couple of weeks, I've found my two grandsons watching really inappropriate shows. One was a "pretty pony" spoof - pretty vulgar language. I forgot what the other one was, it was another character, but the characters were French kissing and really going at it, very sexual. I was washing dishes 5 ft away and quickly turned around when I heard my 5 yo grandson say, "Oh, gross. Why is he putting his tongue in her mouth? Now what's he doing with his tongue?"
Cat Herder 02:31 PM 09-11-2013
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Why is he putting his tongue in her mouth? Now what's he doing with his tongue?"
Reminds me of my elementary aged viewing of Fritz the Cat in the 70's... They thought it was Felix the Cat. whoops...
Tags:barney, curriculum
Reply Up