Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>How Do You Store Your Curriculum Materials?
Stepping 12:00 PM 11-06-2013
I have recently started using the funshine express curriculum and already my office is over run with books, boxes and materials!

I would like to keep all the teacher books etc so thati can use them again another year but a lot of the resources are too big for a file folder.

Any ideas how to clear the clutter?
Thanks
Cat Herder 12:03 PM 11-06-2013
I just did this....

Bank boxes by seasons seem to work best for funshine. I add an extra child kit per order so I can keep them as templates. Grab the clearance kits whenever you can, too... they will keep you stocked for years. (ignore the file folders in the photo, just stack the stuff)

I bought a couple extra for Holidays and Birthday supplies.
Attached: bank box.jpg (22.3 KB) 
butterfly 12:41 PM 11-06-2013
I use file boxes too, but I use the clear totes made for files. I write on the end what themes are in the box and it's easy to find what I need when I'm planning.

ETA: I can hang legal size files in these or the standard letter size.
Stepping 12:41 PM 11-06-2013
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I just did this....

Bank boxes by seasons seem to work best for funshine. I add an extra child kit per order so I can keep them as templates. Grab the clearance kits whenever you can, too... they will keep you stocked for years. (ignore the file folders in the photo, just stack the stuff)

I bought a couple extra for Holidays and Birthday supplies.
Thank you! Great tip to buy an extra kit too
Meeko 04:09 PM 11-12-2013
I have an oak lateral file cabinet that looks like a piece of furniture in my family room. That way my files are hidden and and my family room doesn't look like an office or a daycare.

very similar to this one
Attached: file cabinet.jpg (38.1 KB) 
blandino 07:04 PM 11-12-2013
I have a banker's box (kept in the garage) for each unit we do. I put all books, sensory materials, and a folder of coloring sheets/pictures of past art work, etc. inside each one.

That way I can pack up and unpack each unit rather quickly.
Tags:curriculum, organization, storage
Reply Up