Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Here Goes That Search Again! :(
Scout 10:59 AM 01-24-2014
Got a 2 week notice today from my newest family...kind of upset that I feel like I wasted my time. KWIM? It was nothing personal about the notice, just don't need services anymore and I am dreading the search for a new family!
Let's all send good vibes because at this point I am ready to get a 2nd shift job so we don't need to send my youngest somewhere. Hopefully, I will fill this quickly so I don't have to do that. I love being home all day but, would take a job where I didn't need daycare in a heartbeat if need be. So frustrated even though I know it's part of the business. It took me 3 months or more to find this family and then I don't even have them that long! On the upside though is that they were inconsistant with drop offs and pick ups so at least I am getting rid of that! Just terrible timing. We are going on our first vacation in 7 years in 6 mos and just yesturday I did a budget that works for us(including this income) and got us back on track and actually ahead with extra money at the end of the month by March! And then this morning happens... Just wanted to vent as I know we've all been there! Sending good vibes to all of you who are also looking for clients!
TwinKristi 11:36 AM 01-24-2014
*~*~*~*~* Sending good vibes *~*~*~*~*

I have had 2 moms decide to stay home 6wks after starting, both infants. It was really annoying the 2nd time because she had previously asked about the holiday schedule so they can plan their trip somewhere. I also had numerous calls but taking a 2nd infant plus my own limited my numbers since I have my own kids under 10. Then another PT family gave notice and another one gave me like 3 mos notice about moving to preschool. Ugh so I lost 3 kids in 3 mos right before the holidays. Somehow or another I've managed to get the money every month through various means and we made it through. I just signed someone up yesterday to start next week 4 days a week and gone by 2 every day! I still would like to fill one more spot but it doesn't seem to be easy right now. I've had a Craigslist ad up since Aug when the first family put in 2wks notice and have had 7 interviews, none working out! Blah! It's defeating! I have 2 FT and 1 SA in the afternoons now and 2 occasional drop-ins.
Reply Up