Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Art Drying Rack
daycare 10:54 AM 01-27-2017
I currently have this art drying rack and I hate it. Seems like all of the projects fall through, curl up, and etc.

We have been doing art projects and laying them all over the house. what is it that you use? or any suggests how I could improve what I already have?

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/5136987047580716/
sahm1225 11:34 AM 01-27-2017
I used to use a clothes drying rack that I could fold when not in use.
thrivingchildcarecom 11:47 AM 01-27-2017
I have a string in my window and use clothespins to hang any artwork.
Jupadia 12:08 PM 01-27-2017
For pictures I just lay them out mostly in the laudrey room. For smaller things I use old baking racks (such as dough ornaments or other two sided projects)
daycare 01:32 PM 01-27-2017
we have a hanging one also, but it does not work well when the kids use a lot of glue or paint and it creates the worlds largest mess.

also if they stuck items on it like craft sticks or poms, and we hang it, it all just falls off.
nothingwithoutjoy 09:55 AM 02-01-2017
Oh, man...I was just about to refer you to the awesome drying rack I bought when I began working at home (I'd had a huge wire one at school, but wanted something more attractive in my home), and I discovered that the business closed just two weeks ago! In case you're handy or know someone who is, I'll describe it:

There's a long wooden board I mounted vertically on a wall. In it are many slots. When I don't have art drying, that's all you have to see. (Love that!) Then I have 20 "painting boards." They are somewhat like dry-erase boards--a sort of laminated pressed wood. I think he said they were cut from something used in showers or something like that? I put them on the table, and the kids use them as a surface for painting on--it defines their space at the table, catches drips, etc. Then, when they finish painting or glueing or whatever, I can pick up the whole board and slide it into a slot. Gives great support to artwork, keeps it flat, looks nice, adapts to larger or smaller pieces of work... I love it. I can send a photo if you'd like.
spinnymarie 05:04 PM 02-01-2017
Originally Posted by nothingwithoutjoy:

There's a long wooden board I mounted vertically on a wall. In it are many slots. When I don't have art drying, that's all you have to see. (Love that!) Then I have 20 "painting boards." They are somewhat like dry-erase boards--a sort of laminated pressed wood. I think he said they were cut from something used in showers or something like that? I put them on the table, and the kids use them as a surface for painting on--it defines their space at the table, catches drips, etc. Then, when they finish painting or glueing or whatever, I can pick up the whole board and slide it into a slot. Gives great support to artwork, keeps it flat, looks nice, adapts to larger or smaller pieces of work... I love it. I can send a photo if you'd like.
That sounds amazing! I want one!
daycare 07:12 PM 02-01-2017
I would love a picture of this. It sounds amazing.
nothingwithoutjoy 07:53 PM 02-01-2017
I'll try to take a picture of it tomorrow when the light's better. In the meantime, I found these:

Drying rack is on the wall on the right, right beside the window--long wooden board with 20 slots for painting boards. I keep the 20 painting boards tucked out of sight behind one of those lower curtains.

Example of kids using painting boards, which will be inserted into drying rack.
daycare 08:09 PM 02-01-2017
Omg that looks amazing. What a beautiful set up you have. Can I enroll myself. Lol
Reply Up