Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Web Address
Pandaluver21 08:16 PM 03-19-2017
Ok, I need opinions!
I am making a new business website and need help figuring out a good web address.
Our name is "Rainbow of promise early learning program"
Here are a few ideas, but I'm open to more!

ropearlylearning.com
rop-earlylearning.com
earlylearningrop.com
rainbowofpromiseelp.com
Pestle 08:34 PM 03-19-2017
Make it easier to remember with no abbreviations, dashes, or scrambling of the name.

rainbowlearning.com
rainbowpromises.com
CityGarden 11:39 PM 03-19-2017
I agree make it easy.... so easy you could tell someone in passing (i.e. grocery store check out line w/o business cards on you) and they would remember it when they got home to look up your business.
daycarediva 05:25 AM 03-20-2017
Originally Posted by Pestle:
Make it easier to remember with no abbreviations, dashes, or scrambling of the name.

rainbowlearning.com
rainbowpromises.com
agree, that name is a mouthful and will be hard to remember.
Mike 05:45 AM 03-20-2017
It needs to be something that can be easily said to others and remembered.

Both of Pestle's options would be better, except for the fact that neither one is available in .com. Both are available in .net or .us though.

Another option is a bit more abbreviationing...
Your first idea is
ropearlylearning.com
(r)ainbow(o)f(p)romise(earlylearning)
but people have to remember r o p early learning
What about shortening the 4th word as well?
ropelearning.com
(r)ainbow(o)f(p)romise(e)arly(learning)
Easier to say and remember rope learning. Doesn't quite sound right though, so...
This is going to take a little more brainstorming.
Mike 05:48 AM 03-20-2017
Even rainbowearlylearning.com is already registered.

Better have business cards with you to hand out.
284878 06:35 AM 03-20-2017
Originally Posted by Mike:
It needs to be something that can be easily said to others and remembered.

Both of Pestle's options would be better, except for the fact that neither one is available in .com. Both are available in .net or .us though.

Another option is a bit more abbreviationing...
Your first idea is
ropearlylearning.com
(r)ainbow(o)f(p)romise(earlylearning)
but people have to remember r o p early learning
What about shortening the 4th word as well?
ropelearning.com
(r)ainbow(o)f(p)romise(e)arly(learning)
Easier to say and remember rope learning. Doesn't quite sound right though, so...
This is going to take a little more brainstorming.
I would go with ropelearning.com this one is the easiest to say and remember. Of course some may think it's some kind of rope lasso teaching class.
thrivingchildcarecom 10:31 AM 03-20-2017
I like the last one.
Michael 11:41 AM 03-20-2017

rainbowlearning.com
rainbowpromises.com
RainbowLearning.com is the best one. It's for sale for $8k

The OP's domain names are tough to remember. Might be better to get a shorter name in a different extension for less.
Pestle 12:08 PM 03-20-2017
I used to work at an architectural firm called PageSoutherlandPage. They grabbed the domain psp.com early, of course. Then Sony Playstation released the PSP and my employer made a mint selling their domain! Sony knew their branding needed to direct customers easily to their main website. Customers get annoyed when you make them work to reach you. They feel insulted before they're even in contact with you.
Blackcat31 01:26 PM 03-20-2017
I used to work at an architectural firm called PageSoutherlandPage. They grabbed the domain psp.com early, of course. Then Sony Playstation released the PSP and my employer made a mint selling their domain! Sony knew their branding needed to direct customers easily to their main website. Customers get annoyed when you make them work to reach you. They feel insulted before they're even in contact with you.
http://www.dnjournal.com/cover/2014/february.htm
Pandaluver21 03:46 PM 03-20-2017
Even rainbowearlylearning.com is already registered.

Better have business cards with you to hand out.
I always have business cards on me

Originally Posted by thrivingchildcarecom:
I like the last one.
I asked family and friends and a majority chose the last one.

I have to find one not taken, but that still represents us. Our old address was HIJKchildcare.com We are no longer "childcare" but are not a learning progrom (Preschoool through Kindergarten) Our old site got quite a bit of traffic and we had keywords all through it so it would come up on search engines. I just want something that shows what we are but isn't super complicated!
Michael 06:02 PM 03-20-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
http://www.dnjournal.com/cover/2014/february.htm
Yes, I know domain names. I sold Rate.com last year and it is on TV and radio all the time. I made $750k on that one
Mike 07:07 PM 03-20-2017
Originally Posted by Michael:
Yes, I know domain names. I sold Rate.com last year and it is on TV and radio all the time. I made $750k on that one
I wish I could have 0.1% of your luck, or skill. I have a few domain names I had plans for at one time and decided to try selling. Definitely not worth as much as whisky.com or rate.com, but mine won't even sell for a couple hundred, and some would be very useful to the right people. Maybe someday 1 will sell.
Michael 08:06 AM 03-21-2017
I wish I could have 0.1% of your luck, or skill. I have a few domain names I had plans for at one time and decided to try selling. Definitely not worth as much as whisky.com or rate.com, but mine won't even sell for a couple hundred, and some would be very useful to the right people. Maybe someday 1 will sell.

While most people wouldn't spent a lot on a domain name, here is a case study on domain names and marketing strategies that is s great read: http://chrisgimmer.com/snappa-com-purchase/
Mike 10:41 AM 03-21-2017
Originally Posted by Michael:
While most people wouldn't spent a lot on a domain name, here is a case study on domain names and marketing strategies that is s great read: http://chrisgimmer.com/snappa-com-purchase/
Interesting read. Thanks for the link.
Pandaluver21 12:13 PM 03-21-2017
I'm not worried about traffic, as I have plenty of search words on my sites and always come up on google and other search engines just fine.
I would be open to a .org though, rainbowofpromise.org is available. Thoughts?
Michael 01:21 PM 03-21-2017
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21:
I'm not worried about traffic, as I have plenty of search words on my sites and always come up on google and other search engines just fine.
I like the .org extension. I usually see it as non-profit but it is also considered a trustworthy extension which is a good fit for childcare.

RainbowOfPromise.org looks pretty good.
CityGarden 02:11 PM 03-21-2017
I purchased the .com and the .org for my program but I use the .org as the main one since that is what most preschool and schools in my area use.

So yes I am a fan of .org
Mike 04:11 PM 03-21-2017
Sounds good. Register it right away.
Pandaluver21 12:05 PM 03-23-2017
Thanks for everyone's opinions! I went with the .org one. Now to re-do my entire site
Michael 07:14 PM 03-23-2017
Thanks for everyone's opinions! I went with the .org one. Now to re-do my entire site
Congrats. The best thing about a domain name is that you basically own, and control it.
Tags:domain names
Reply Up