Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fever! UGH
mrs.meg 04:08 AM 09-16-2010
Hi all,

Well the dreaded fever came for one of my DK kids at 4pm yesterday. Whiny and crying with a belly ache. Temp was 101.

I haven't heard from mom and she is supposed to be here at 8:30 with him. I guess I am going to have to call her and give her the dreaded news that he hasn't been fever free long enough. We have been through this over the past 2 years and it just doesn't click. She thinks if they wake up without a fever then she should be able to bring them.

A few weeks a go the brother had a fever and she actually told me that he acted fine so she wanted to send him to school with a dose of Motrin but she just knew that when it wore off they would send him home. I have suspected all along that this family brings the children sick and does this to me, and there is my proof.

Why can't people just accept the fact that sometimes you have to take off from work with your children?
marniewon 05:54 AM 09-16-2010
Originally Posted by mrs.meg:
I haven't heard from mom and she is supposed to be here at 8:30 with him. I guess I am going to have to call her and give her the dreaded news that he hasn't been fever free long enough. We have been through this over the past 2 years and it just doesn't click. She thinks if they wake up without a fever then she should be able to bring them.
Usually in this type of situation (where dck develops fever at my house) I will remind the parents at pick-up that your policy states fever-free for 24 hours so they will have to stay home the next day. That eliminates waiting for a call from dcp or having to make the call in the morning to tell them not to come. And with a family like this who drugs their kids to be able to send them off, I would even go so far as to write a note to send home, and document the fact that you sent the note home. I sure don't understand some parents! Would THEY want to go to work with just some motrin and work all day long if they were sick??
mrs.meg 10:41 AM 09-16-2010
I have so many after school, that I didn't think about telling her, but I will have to remember to do that if it happens again.

I did call her and she was very short and I could tell she was angry. She was getting ready to bring him to my house. Oh well, she can move on if she doesn't like it. I think that they do not care if others get sick because of their children, she thinks if they act fine they are not sick or contagious. It is just frustrating!
Lilbutterflie 11:27 AM 09-16-2010
Originally Posted by mrs.meg:
I have so many after school, that I didn't think about telling her, but I will have to remember to do that if it happens again.

I did call her and she was very short and I could tell she was angry. She was getting ready to bring him to my house. Oh well, she can move on if she doesn't like it. I think that they do not care if others get sick because of their children, she thinks if they act fine they are not sick or contagious. It is just frustrating!
Yes, you are right, she can move on if she doesn't like it. But she will be extremely hard-pressed to find ANYONE who doesn't have a policy of fever-free for 24 hours! I've never seen a daycare yet who did not have this policy.
marniewon 12:02 PM 09-16-2010
Another thing with this family (or any who drug their kids and send them to daycare) - if it gets to be a problem (fever suddenly, strangely comes back 4-6 hours after drop-off) I would send a note home saying child is not allowed back without a doctor's note. The more inconvenienced they are, the more apt they are to think twice about drugging and dropping, and maybe actually keep the child home the few days it would take to get healthy. They are only prolonging their child's suffering and illness by doing this
Tags:fever
Reply Up