Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Any tips to make the Provider Day easier?
Unregistered 12:30 PM 08-06-2014
Hello!

I was wondering if any of you have tips to make our Day easier as Caregivers?

We open less than eight months ago and little by little, we are learning some "tricks" to make the day easier.

Even if I have worked in a daycare for four years before that, I am still trying to earning and finding ways to smooth our days for the children and us

For example I try to buy fruits that are not messy and easy to prepare for faster preparation such as:
Grapes, bananas, blueberries ..

I take them out of the table two by two to wash their hands and have them sit with a books until everyone is done (if is lunch time then they read until bed time and again I take them two by two)

I would appreciate any tips small and big. And i thought it would be a fun and useful thread
Blackcat31 12:48 PM 08-06-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hello!

I was wondering if any of you have tips to make our Day easier as Caregivers?

We open less than eight months ago and little by little, we are learning some "tricks" to make the day easier.

Even if I have worked in a daycare for four years before that, I am still trying to earning and finding ways to smooth our days for the children and us

For example I try to buy fruits that are not messy and easy to prepare for faster preparation such as:
Grapes, bananas, blueberries ..

I take them out of the table two by two to wash their hands and have them sit with a books until everyone is done (if is lunch time then they read until bed time and again I take them two by two)

I would appreciate any tips small and big. And i thought it would be a fun and useful thread
Please consider registering for the forum.

The board and each section is filled with TONS of tips and tricks in regards to the different activities caregivers perform each day.

LOTS of great info available and a few perks available for registered members.
daycare 12:52 PM 08-06-2014
my advise it to have a PLAN

write you daily schedule put it up on the wall so you can see it and other helpers. FOLLOW it daily., Be consistent.

Be proactive and make sure that you are prepared.

BTW just a word of advice on grapes, they are the #1 choking food next to hotdogs in children under 5. I either cut them up or dont' serve them.
SignMeUp 12:56 PM 08-06-2014
Rotate your toys strategically. I like to allow for some "boredom" time because I think it sparks their creativity. But during the long winter, rotating toys can save my sanity
And keeping toys organized, whether in or out of the rotation, helps making rotating them easy.
renodeb 03:51 PM 08-06-2014
If I know I' am gonna have a full house I do things like wash all the sippys and bottles and fill the night before. Well the sippys get filled, I usually assemble the bottles so that they are ready to grab.
I have found that apples are a pretty easy fruit to feed, I use an apple wedger and then I cut the wedges thinner. (and I peel them depending on what ages I have)
Rotating the toys is a good one.
I have found that its a happiers day if I can get the kids outside twice a day.
Sounds like you are on the right track.
Deb
Reply Up