Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tired of the Long Drawn Out Pick Ups....
Valerie928 08:09 AM 01-06-2020
My last pick up of the day features an obnoxious mother. She picks up dcg 2 and chats/complains about her husband/work/complains about dcg and what she does wrong behaviorally at home. I DON'T CARE 😬 I have dcg ready to go but the pick up goes on for an average of 15 minutes. I don't want to talk to dc mom. I want to get on with my own family. How do I politely cut pick up time down to 1-2 minutes?
Ariana 10:31 AM 01-06-2020
You will have to cut her off and then walk away. For example “oh man that does sound rough nancy, well hope tomorrow goes better for you, see you tomorrow....” walk away.

“Kid had a great day, ate well, slept well, see you guys tomorrow” walk away.

Just be a bit loud, like you are in a rush and start walking away! If you feel uncomfortable doing that just start smiling and nodding with absolutely zero feedback. We can sometimes unknowingly keep the conversation going by commenting or asking questions or seeming interested. I have been guilty of this!
Cat Herder 11:01 AM 01-06-2020
Email DCM prior to pickup today: "DCM, I hope you are having a good day and dread to interrupt. I needed to touch base with you about pickup time adult discussion. This afternoon at pickup I need you to avoid any conversation about work or your spouse. DCG really should not hear these things, she is growing up and understands more and more every day. As always, feel free to ask anything about her day here. If you have any concerns about her development or behavior, please email me and we can set up a conference to discuss them away from DCG's listening ears. Thanks!! See you soon."
Tags:parents - accusing, pick up issues
Reply Up