Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"Final week of care" deposit, but excluded for illness?
EchoMom 12:37 PM 08-31-2014
Oops, double thread! Please delete one. Sorry.

So this is related to my Molluscum thread.

I did not terminate the contract, I said that the family may return when they are Molluscum FREE and have been for 7 days but must continue to pay while absent, if they wish to hold the spot. This is the same "regardless of attendance" clause that I have in my illness policy, exactly like if someone was out for diarrhea, flu, etc. Except to rid the Molluscum will probably take much longer, so the family will probably not pay and return. So far I have not heard anything in writing from the family since I sent the email Thursday.

So question...

Last week was paid for as usual. All families pay a deposit for the "final week of care" when they sign up with me. They must give one week notice, in order to use the one week deposit.

1. If I do not get any notice of termination today/tomorrow, has she forfeited her deposit because I received no notice and she just didn't pay me this week?

2. If I do hear from her that she is terminating today/tomorrow then this would be her final week of care anyway, however, I will not accept the children as long as they are ill. So is the deposit forfeited because I am not terminating care but she is and so this is her week's notice and her choice not to pay to hold her spots?

3. Or, do I say okay, you can redeem your final week of care whenever the children are no longer contagious and are Molluscum free? (which could be weeks-months from now and probably won't want to do but I just want to know what I need to offer).

So basically it boils down to, what do you do if you have not terminated care, but excluded based on your illness policy and the family wants to leave because of it. Do they forfeit their deposit or do you honor the deposit whenever the children are able to return?

Really hope this makes sense, I don't think I'm explaining well...
Up