Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So Disgusted And Amazed At Lack Of Parenting!!!!
gbcc 10:32 AM 06-26-2012
I am just completely floored by this new family that started care last week. I have done daycare for over six years and I have NEVER encountered such a rude, undisciplined, disrespectful child in my life!!!!

So this child started Thursday. He is nine years old but only going into third grade. Apparently he's been held back twice. I didn't want to judge and they seemed nice so I accepted them into care. I am now realizing he was held back due to behaviors. So his very first day here, he and my son and another boy are playing outside. All nine years old. My son and another boy come in and tell me the new child was swearing. The new boy denied it and lied right to my face. I didn't want to seem like I was taking sides and I didn't hear the words, so giving the benefit of the doubt I sent them back outside. In 5 minutes I heard the child call the other boys a "faggot", "b@$tard", and "little fuc$ers". So I said from that point on he needed to be in my line of supervision at ALL times because being outside alone was a privledge that he had now lost. He told me that was fu($in stupid. At that point I called his mother and told her to come pick him up. I said if he was to return she would have to have a very stern talk with him about manners, respect, and appropriate talk and behavior.

Friday he comes and brings pokemon and DS games. I say it's fine but no trading. So what does he do???? He trades and then decides he wants them back and starts having a tantrum and calling the kids names again. I take the cards away. I told mom they were not allowed to be brought any longer.

So today doesn't the kid show up at my door with pokemon cards?????? I reminded them nicely that he could not bring them and he caused way to many issues with them. He began to argue with me!!!! Mom did nothing... So I ask mom to bring the cards home. Then he begins argueing with mom. They argued for forty minutes on my front step as parents dropped off children and witnessed this After 40 minutes mom agrees he can keep the cards. What????!!!!!! This is my house, my rules. So now basically mom has allowed the kid to disrespect me and then disrespected me herself!!!! And in my own home!!!!! Ugh, and then I gave them termination notice and she looked shocked and said maybe we could talk after work. UGH!!!!
Mom&Provider 10:38 AM 06-26-2012
Dear Family,

Our current arrangement for child care will end on XX date.

Sincerely,
Daycare Provider
SilverSabre25 10:40 AM 06-26-2012
Originally Posted by Mom&Provider:
Dear Family,

Sincerely,
Daycare Provider

Willow 10:50 AM 06-26-2012
Originally Posted by Mom&Provider:
Dear Family,

Sincerely,
Daycare Provider

Add to that I think I'd break my usual rule of keeping my opinions on a parents parenting "style" to myself on this one and tell her EXACTLY what I was thinking of all that has happened.....not that it'll likely do much good, very sure it wouldn't be the first time someone pointed out what a turd her kid is if he's been held back in school multiple times at that age and has the mouth on him that he does
Kiki 11:22 AM 06-26-2012
Originally Posted by gbcc:
Ugh, and then I gave them termination notice and she looked shocked and said maybe we could talk after work. UGH!!!!
If she still wants to talk after work just stand your ground. Tell her no way Jose will he be returning, I can only imagine other things that will happen if they do continue to come back. Keep us posted!

Also, so sorry that happened, it's unreal how people can be!
Blackcat31 11:27 AM 06-26-2012
I am just completely floored by this new family that started care last week. I have done daycare for over six years and I have NEVER encountered such a rude, undisciplined, disrespectful child in my life!!!!

So this child started Thursday. He is nine years old but only going into third grade. Apparently he's been held back twice. I didn't want to judge and they seemed nice so I accepted them into care. I am now realizing he was held back due to behaviors. So his very first day here, he and my son and another boy are playing outside. All nine years old. My son and another boy come in and tell me the new child was swearing. The new boy denied it and lied right to my face. I didn't want to seem like I was taking sides and I didn't hear the words, so giving the benefit of the doubt I sent them back outside. In 5 minutes I heard the child call the other boys a "faggot", "b@$tard", and "little fuc$ers". So I said from that point on he needed to be in my line of supervision at ALL times because being outside alone was a privledge that he had now lost. He told me that was fu($in stupid. At that point I called his mother and told her to come pick him up. I said if he was to return she would have to have a very stern talk with him about manners, respect, and appropriate talk and behavior.

Friday he comes and brings pokemon and DS games. I say it's fine but no trading. So what does he do???? He trades and then decides he wants them back and starts having a tantrum and calling the kids names again. I take the cards away. I told mom they were not allowed to be brought any longer.

So today doesn't the kid show up at my door with pokemon cards?????? I reminded them nicely that he could not bring them and he caused way to many issues with them. He began to argue with me!!!! Mom did nothing... So I ask mom to bring the cards home. Then he begins argueing with mom. They argued for forty minutes on my front step as parents dropped off children and witnessed this After 40 minutes mom agrees he can keep the cards. What????!!!!!! This is my house, my rules. So now basically mom has allowed the kid to disrespect me and then disrespected me herself!!!! And in my own home!!!!! Ugh, and then I gave them termination notice and she looked shocked and said maybe we could talk after work. UGH!!!!
BTDT. Stopped taking SA kiddos all together because of the one I had like that.

Good for you though standing you ground! I wouldn't care how much money this kid brought in, I would never want to deal with those types of issues.

I agree that if mom wants to talk after work, I would still not give in. It took 9 years for this kid to get this way and he surely isn't going to be "fixed" in anything less.....
cheerfuldom 11:30 AM 06-26-2012
In this case, I would absolutely terminate and tell mom exactly why:

Child is out of control and disrespectful and mom does nothing to re-enforce your authority. You refuse to work with a family that does not support your rules, period.

There is no way in heck that I would keep a child with a potty mouth. That is one of my instant deal breakers.
My3cents 11:41 AM 06-26-2012

I think I have had this kid before!!! LOL

Kudos to you for not putting up with that in your home. Often keeping one kid can mean losing others. Parents don't want their kids around that type of behavior and I don't blame them. Classic kid who rules the roost-
mema 12:30 PM 06-26-2012
Wow! Yep. Ba-bye! Good for you for not putting up with it.
cthdc 04:53 AM 08-06-2012
I had a relative just like that!! Needless to say I had to quit her as well. She had no respect for authority, the parents thought it was her "expressing herself freely". She influenced other children to act out. needless to say the situation turned out for the best. I had 100% turn arounds in the other kids once she was outta here. I dont understand why parents cant see these things. She said since I wasnt a "real daycare" (Im out of my home also) that I didnt know anything about children and behaviors. This child went as far as shoving food into her mouth and vomiting if she didnt like what she picked out or brought for lunch!! That was my last straw. Not worth it. Stick to the rules. I support you for sure!!
Kaddidle Care 07:41 AM 08-06-2012
Wow! Just Wow! Just wait until he's in Middle School. He's a gem alright. Kudos to you for putting up with it that long.
Reply Up