Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>This isn't insensitive, right?
SilverSabre25 05:26 PM 08-06-2015
I checked a book out of the library called "old makamba had a farm" which is old Macdonald, but with African animals. I grabbed it partly because, cool, and partly because two of my dck are part African (or. .. however you'd say this? Their dad is from Guinea). That's totally okay, right? I don't know why I'm questioning this now...don't flame me. .. lol
Rockgirl 05:37 PM 08-06-2015
I think it's great!
Thriftylady 05:46 PM 08-06-2015
When I was in Kansas, I had a gal come in and observe me one of the things that she told me I needed to do better..... More diversity. Such as AA dolls, Chinese dolls, etc. So a book with diversity is probably a good thing.
midaycare 06:17 PM 08-06-2015
What year is it from? that should give some insight. Newer = better
midaycare 06:18 PM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
When I was in Kansas, I had a gal come in and observe me one of the things that she told me I needed to do better..... More diversity. Such as AA dolls, Chinese dolls, etc. So a book with diversity is probably a good thing.
I have tons of ideas for this. I scored my highest in STARS for this area. If anyone here needs ideas, pm me or we can start a thread.
Febby 06:23 PM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I have tons of ideas for this. I scored my highest in STARS for this area. If anyone here needs ideas, pm me or we can start a thread.
I'd be all for a thread. My center is going to be doing a STARS assessment soon and I can usually meet the requirements for this area, but it is definitely one of my weaker ones. (Science/nature is my absolute weakest)
midaycare 07:58 PM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by Febby:
I'd be all for a thread. My center is going to be doing a STARS assessment soon and I can usually meet the requirements for this area, but it is definitely one of my weaker ones. (Science/nature is my absolute weakest)
I will start one tomorrow if no one else does
SilverSabre25 06:27 AM 08-07-2015
I figured out was a *good* thing but checking is better than doubting myself and feeling anxious about it. Thanks for the reassuring response!

Midaycare, it's copyright 2013.

I love the idea and the text, but not a huge fan of the art style. A couple pages are too visually distrscting. Still, a good one to look up if anyone else is interested.
midaycare 07:16 AM 08-07-2015
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I figured out was a *good* thing but checking is better than doubting myself and feeling anxious about it. Thanks for the reassuring response!

Midaycare, it's copyright 2013.

I love the idea and the text, but not a huge fan of the art style. A couple pages are too visually distrscting. Still, a good one to look up if anyone else is interested.
I would say a 2013 book would definitely be politically correct.
Reply Up