Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rate Help
Misslexi 12:01 PM 05-01-2019
I'm in MA. What would you charge for an infant for 3 hours a day, 2 days a week? I know this schedule is less than ideal but I have a Mon/Tues slot I need to fill and this is the only prospect. THanks.
Misslexi 12:14 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by Misslexi:
I'm in MA. What would you charge for an infant for 3 hours a day, 2 days a week? I know this schedule is less than ideal but I have a Mon/Tues slot I need to fill and this is the only prospect. THanks.
Also, to add, my full time rate for under 2 is $52 a day. Over 2 years old is $40 a day.
Blackcat31 12:22 PM 05-01-2019
Personally, I charge by the week.

Infant care is so hard to find here that it's just one flat weekly rate regardless of how many days they need/use.

I think you should always charge more (when broken down) for part time care verses full time.

Doing that would eliminate your need to fill odd vacancies such as Mon/Tues only. Who ever is using the other 3 days is getting a good deal as programs here that do allow part time separate it into M/W/F or T/Th spots only as they are much easier to manage than two random days.

That was a lot of rambling on my part but I guess I have no advice as I don't offer care like you are doing...I am confused enough with any kind of math so I wouldn't be able to make that work. Sorry.
Cat Herder 12:30 PM 05-01-2019
I would not even interview.

If your rate is $52 per day, I guess that is what I'd expect you to charge. She is taking up the day so must pay for it.

Do you intend to go to hourly? That is a giant leap backward. I don't recommend it. Parents willing to pay full time are uncomfortable with providers who take hourly kids. They want less turnover in the classroom and stability.

Getting everyone to full-time enrollment only is the goal. Anything else is moving in the wrong direction.
Misslexi 12:47 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I would not even interview.

If your rate is $52 per day, I guess that is what I'd expect you to charge. She is taking up the day so must pay for it.

Do you intend to go to hourly? That is a giant leap backward. I don't recommend it. Parents willing to pay full time are uncomfortable with providers who take hourly kids. They want less turnover in the classroom and stability.
I agree. I took the W/Th/Fr spot when I first opened and they haven't moved to full time since, so I'm really just looking to fill the M T spot at this point. Plus, it is a family friend, so I'm willing to negotiate ( a bit). Infant care is really hard to find around here too, and normally I do not like to accept infants myself, so I guess it would make since to charge a full day.
Getting everyone to full-time enrollment only is the goal. Anything else is moving in the wrong direction.
LittleExplorers 12:49 PM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by Misslexi:
I agree. I took the W/Th/Fr spot when I first opened and they haven't moved to full time since, so I'm really just looking to fill the M T spot at this point. Plus, it is a family friend, so I'm willing to negotiate ( a bit). Infant care is really hard to find around here too, and normally I do not like to accept infants myself, so I guess it would make since to charge a full day.

I agree with Cat Herder.

I also would not negotiate because it's s family friend. Keep business and friends seperate. Why should you get paid less so she can save money? If you wiggle on price, what else are they going to want for special treatment?
LITTLESTARS 03:22 PM 05-02-2019
I also live in MA and I charge a weekly rate even if they need part time or 3 days out of the week . I charge for infants to 3 years 280 a week over 3 I charge 250. weekly with a two week deposit fee.
Misslexi 06:25 PM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by LITTLESTARS:
I also live in MA and I charge a weekly rate even if they need part time or 3 days out of the week . I charge for infants to 3 years 280 a week over 3 I charge 250. weekly with a two week deposit fee.
Are you out by Boston? I'm in central MA. The going rate seems to be a bit lower out this way. I actually just sent out a letter to my other part time family to increase rate. I was only charging them my regular full time rate
LITTLESTARS 06:41 PM 05-02-2019
yes im in Milton ma the lowest you can do is what your charging for an infant vouchers pay 49.57 a day for infants less the 2 and for 2 and up they pay 35.07 a day

I charge more then vouchers for private pay kids that's how I base my income, and I charge as 23 days for example you charge 52.00 a day times that by 23 days its 1,196 a month that's the flat rate .

it all really depends on your program I have seen centers charge over 300 for infants and over 350 for over 2

and even home daycares

but I would charge as a full time for sure no matter what
Misslexi 08:48 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by LITTLESTARS:
yes im in Milton ma the lowest you can do is what your charging for an infant vouchers pay 49.57 a day for infants less the 2 and for 2 and up they pay 35.07 a day

I charge more then vouchers for private pay kids that's how I base my income, and I charge as 23 days for example you charge 52.00 a day times that by 23 days its 1,196 a month that's the flat rate .

it all really depends on your program I have seen centers charge over 300 for infants and over 350 for over 2

and even home daycares

but I would charge as a full time for sure no matter what
Thank you!
I wish my vouchers were that high!
Tags:blackcat, catherder, rate - infants, rates, rates - massachusetts
Reply Up