Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Gift Ideas?
ConcernedMotherof2 08:17 AM 08-20-2009
I would like everyones input on this, if possible, parents as well as providers.

I am trying to think of an interesting gift idea for the daycare my children attend. The problem is that it's a center and there are several people I would like to thank with a gift.

This morning, my children (both sleepy and not wanting to go to school) told me how sweet everyone is at their daycare. I was lucky enough to catch the director this morning and pass the word onto her that they are doing such a good job, but I don't feel as though that's enough. I might add that, while the input of my children is great, everything else that this daycare does for my children is above and beyond.

It's so hard to find quality care and I'm just soooooo very greatful to have found this one. I would love to buy them all gift certificates, but my funds are low so I can't afford to spend much.

Any ideas?
tymaboy 09:45 AM 08-20-2009
Being a center the only thing I can think of buying pizza for lunch (have it delivered during nap/quite time) or talk to the director & see if everyone could get together after work hours for pizza. Or buy cards & write a nice note to everyone. I know I always like it when I get an email from one of my DCPs. You could also write a nice reference letter for the Center.
marie 12:03 PM 08-20-2009
I LOVE the pizza idea, another might be to contact the local newspaper or news station and give praise to the center for being so great and taking such good care of the kids! This will not go un-noticed and would also show the center how great it really is when it starts getting new business.
kitkat 06:41 PM 08-20-2009
Food is always good! I don't think you could go wrong with pizza. If you wanted to physically take something in yourself, I think any type of bakery item would be appreciated.

I think anything that you decide to do will be greatly appreciated
ConcernedMotherof2 05:35 AM 08-21-2009
Thank you all for the wonderful ideas. I think I'm going to bake fresh cookies for the staff and bring in a thank you card for the director. I was worried about bringing in food, but I will ask their permission first and make sure that they know it's not meant to be a treat for the kids, but for the staff.

If anyone else has anything to add, I think we should keep this post going. I'm sure there have GOT to be other parents out there who would like to thank their dc providers for a job well done, beyond the weekly pay.
meet1ngex 02:37 PM 08-26-2009
What's nice about the method of bringing in lunch or snacks, is that you are flexible to continue it as a tradition, or stop at any time when you don't have the time to keep doing it. Food does wonders in any learning/daycare environment. It doesn't have to be expensive food, just delivered with thoughtfulness. And it's good for you because you can save a lot of money while still saying "thanks."
seashell 07:18 AM 08-27-2009
How about having a fruit basket from Edible Arrangements? The teachers can all snack on it through the day, no matter what their shift schedule. It looks so pretty too!

Or maybe some gift cards to Dunkin Donuts?
tinytotzdaycare 12:06 PM 09-27-2009
As a provider and previous pre-school teacher I have been overwhelmed with gifts that say #1 teacher and more....although its the thought that counts I would much rather the parent donate something to the daycare.

This past Christmas parents of my daycare all 12 sets of them went together and bought 2 rubbermaid tubs and filled them with craft supplies and such for the daycare...I LOVE IT!! So much betteer than another #1 apple ornament.
I have gotten gift cards in the past and although the parents stress to use it for me, I always find something for the daycare instead..its just who I am.

SO anyway, my suggestion would be on a smaller scale you could fill a gift bag with $ supplies and they could all share it. You could also do a nice wicker basket and fill it with healthy snacks for the teachers lounge!
Tags:gifts from parents, provider vs teacher
Reply Up