Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Trying Again
Unregistered 07:36 PM 09-15-2011
I'd like to be a part of this forum but so far -- I started out, as soon as I registered, being banned forever, no reason given. Then the ban was lifted and I was a member, I thought, but my password is not recognized and I cannot log in, so I've just been "unregistered." (A few posters have appreciated my response posts, so it's not like I'm some evil person or troll.)

Recently I tried to ask a question and it has not posted here. Not really feeling very welcome to this forum so far and I do not know why! [Also I have noticed that I now get tons of spam in my email account, which I never did before trying to register here.] However, I am going to try one more time.

My question again is: can I count time spent reading books or studying things related to day care in my time/space percentage? I read on here about a book that was very fitting toward a child I have in care, and have been spending time in the evenings reading it and would like to know if this counts? If by some chance this post is accepted, I'd appreciate any answers given. Thank you!
Michael 08:04 PM 09-15-2011
Can you post our username or email address that you had signed up with? I would like to figure out what is going on.

Possibly Tom Copeland will answer your question if he drops by the forum. Maybe this learlier thread has some answers for you: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...uction+-+books
Unregistered 08:10 PM 09-15-2011
josenemma@*******
Michael 08:15 PM 09-15-2011
Ok, I just created an account for you.

use this information to log in and then Private message me and respond here again.

username - ********
password - ********
emmajo 08:26 PM 09-15-2011
Private message you? Not going well. Nothing happened. I'm sorry -this is the first forum I've tried to be part of and I guess I'm not getting it.
Michael 08:29 PM 09-15-2011
Originally Posted by emmajo:
Private message you? Not going well. Nothing happened. I'm sorry -this is the first forum I've tried to be part of and I guess I'm not getting it.
No Problem. I will help you along. At the upper right box you will see your name. Just below it you will see Private Messages link. Click on that.

Once you are in the PM you will see some links/functions that allow you to message. I will send you one now so that you will see it in your PM section.
Kaddidle Care 04:27 AM 09-16-2011
Welcome EmmaJo!

Maybe you can bump that unanswered thread up again.
AfterSchoolMom 05:21 AM 09-16-2011
I just wanted to say WELCOME!

Also...about a year after I joined here, I got "permanently banned" for no reason - it turned out to be a glitch and Michael was kind enough to straighten it out for me. So don't take that personally, sometimes it's a computer issue!
AfterSchoolMom 05:22 AM 09-16-2011
Also, I'm logged in but I just got a message after my post as if I was unregistered. These things happen!
kendallina 05:45 AM 09-16-2011
To answer your question on Time/Space percentage...Yes. Anything that you do in your house in relation to your business counts in your time/space percentage. So, if you would not be reading that book if you weren't in this business, then it counts.

Welcome to the forum!
TomCopeland 11:58 AM 09-16-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I'd like to be a part of this forum but so far -- I started out, as soon as I registered, being banned forever, no reason given. Then the ban was lifted and I was a member, I thought, but my password is not recognized and I cannot log in, so I've just been "unregistered." (A few posters have appreciated my response posts, so it's not like I'm some evil person or troll.)

Recently I tried to ask a question and it has not posted here. Not really feeling very welcome to this forum so far and I do not know why! [Also I have noticed that I now get tons of spam in my email account, which I never did before trying to register here.] However, I am going to try one more time.

My question again is: can I count time spent reading books or studying things related to day care in my time/space percentage? I read on here about a book that was very fitting toward a child I have in care, and have been spending time in the evenings reading it and would like to know if this counts? If by some chance this post is accepted, I'd appreciate any answers given. Thank you!
Yes, you can count hours spent on reading books or studying in your home that is related to child care, as long as you are not caring for children in your home at the same time.
emmajo 06:27 PM 09-16-2011
Thank you all for the welcomes and the answers.
Tags:deduction - books, forum problem
Reply Up