Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Worried About Getting into the DC Business
Unregistered 11:33 PM 12-17-2009
I'm thinking about opening up my own in home daycare. I don't watch any kids regularly now, though I do baby sit my neighbors four girls quite a bit (their ages are from 18 months to 9 years). I've been reading other posts for a couple of days and noticed that alot of people decided to get into this because they wanted to stay home with their own children and that their also married or living with someone else who has an income. I'm 19, no children, and live with my parents who are unemployed, now I'm not getting into this for the money but I would like to make a living doing this and only this. Is this realistic? Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

I've read all the things I need to do to get licensed, and before I make a huge commitment to this (like moving to a bigger home, or spending money to get started), I would like to have some comfort in the fact that I will/can make a living. I know nothing is guaranteed. This is something I really want to do, I just need some reassurance (I guess? lol), that it is possible. Believe me, I'm not wanting to start this for the money or else I wouldn't be so worried! lol.

Anyways, any and all help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Tags:advice, starting a daycare
Up