Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nap Time
Kenny 06:00 PM 03-01-2010
How long does everybody do for nap time/ quiet time? Thanks
gkids09 06:16 PM 03-01-2010
On our schedule we have our naptime from 1:30-3:30. Sometimes (especially Mondays) we go to bed a little closer to one, just depending on the kids' moods. We never force a kid to go to sleep, but they all do, and we let them all sleep until they wake up, whether it's after 3:30 or not. If a kid wakes up early, we give them quiet activities to do, such as drawing a picture, doing a puzzle, reading a book, that kind of thing. Hope this helps!
Kenny 06:19 PM 03-01-2010
Originally Posted by gkids09:
On our schedule we have our naptime from 1:30-3:30. Sometimes (especially Mondays) we go to bed a little closer to one, just depending on the kids' moods. We never force a kid to go to sleep, but they all do, and we let them all sleep until they wake up, whether it's after 3:30 or not. If a kid wakes up early, we give them quiet activities to do, such as drawing a picture, doing a puzzle, reading a book, that kind of thing. Hope this helps!
Also How old is old enough not to nap?
momma2girls 06:25 PM 03-01-2010
What I do is have nap time from 1:30-3:30 for everyone up to Kindergarten, and some Kindergarteners still need it!! lol!!!!
The older ones I have lay quietly read books for 30 min. then they can watch a movie for the rest of the time. I tried everything with the older ones, this is the only way that they would stay quiet, throughout the whole naptime, so that the younger ones can get their sleep.
gkids09 06:31 PM 03-01-2010
Every child I've ever had in my daycare naps until they go to kindergarten, I guess because we wear them out during the day ..School age kids (kindergarten-5th grade) who come during school breaks have to lay down to rest for at least 30 minutes, but don't have to go to sleep. We let them choose a movie to watch, and most of them fall asleep before the 30 minutes are up. After that, if they want to draw or read, we let them, but they have to be quiet until the little kids get up. Some choose to lay down the rest of the time too. I think it all depends on the kid!
momofboys 09:21 PM 03-01-2010
We have nap/quiet time here from about 12:30 pm - 2:30 or a little later if they nap longer. I only have an almost 2 year old, 3 year old & sometimes a 4 year old so they all nap.
momofboys 09:23 PM 03-01-2010
Originally Posted by Kenny:
Also How old is old enough not to nap?
I'd say if they are K age and up they should still have "quiet time" even if they do not nap. If they fall asleep fine & if not at least they have had an hour of quiet resting (looking at books/doing puzzles).
originalkat 07:10 AM 03-02-2010
My naptime is from 1-3 PM and everyone takes a nap (I only take 2-5 year olds).
Tags:nap, quiet time
Reply Up