Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Career Woman Or Mother??? Question
daycare 08:45 AM 09-28-2012
I don't want to spark a big debate, but this thought came up during my dinner last night and I just wanted to see what others thoughts are on this.....

Do you feel that if a career woman chooses to have kids, that they should reduce the amount of time they spend in the office or make their work schedule so that they can mother their children? Do you think that a mother should be willing to sacrifice her career so that she can have children? Would that be fair?

Is it fair to the children who have mothers who are career women and therefore the children have to be in daycare's or cared for by a caregiver for very long periods of time?

Of course, I am talking about married women, where there is a significant other in the picture......

AND, does it make a difference who the primary caregiver is? Mom or Dad? Keeping it simple, I want to use a mother/father question even though some house holds are two moms or two dads.....

Thanks...just wondering what others thoughts are on this...I deal with this daily....
Tags:blackcat, career ladder, working women
Up