Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Frustration
valuedkids 05:47 PM 01-08-2013
Ok, so we were able to eliminate our licensor previously because she was PSYCHO... and all issues were taken care of.

Our new licensor we have a great rapport with. Today, out of the blue, the licensor and his supervisor showed up and told us that my husband/co-owner is not allowed on the property at all until an independent investigator comes to check out a serious complaint.

They won't tell us what the complaint is, or what the problem is at all...

Anyway, I had to sign a statement that he won't be on property, this is absolutely absurd to me!

My hubby is NEVER alone in the building let alone a classroom with kids, nor is he ever in a position of close contact, unsupervised, or in a diaper changing realm. I am so frustrated with the false claims as he has done NOTHING!

Anyway, growling as I try to finish all of his and my work now that I cannot even keep up with mine!!!
countrymom 06:15 PM 01-08-2013
do you have a copy of it. Make sure you reread it. If he is a co owner how can they keep him off the property. i think you should call and ask to see what the complaint is.
valuedkids 03:40 PM 01-17-2013
We still don't know what the complaint us, nor do we know when they will investigate... Until cleared, we cannot get any new DSHS kids and I have slots I need to fill.....
Starburst 06:09 PM 01-17-2013
I always thought they had to tell you at least what the complaint was about.
Sprouts 07:08 PM 01-17-2013
Keep track of how many families you have to turn down and how much income ur loosing. If its that "psycho" then it could be a slander case
LittleD 05:16 AM 01-18-2013
You need to find out what the complaint is! They can't tell you he can't be there and not tell you why, that's crazy!
Willow 06:17 AM 01-18-2013
I would not have signed or verbally agreed to anything until I was told what the accusation was.

Because you did I really think you need to get a lawyer asap.
NeedaVaca 08:24 AM 01-18-2013
Originally Posted by Willow:
I would not have signed or verbally agreed to anything until I was told what the accusation was.

Because you did I really think you need to get a lawyer asap.
I would never sign either! Not without understanding what the complaint was, you should have the right to know what's going on before signing something that severe!
MissAnn 08:42 AM 01-18-2013
Originally Posted by countrymom:
do you have a copy of it. Make sure you reread it. If he is a co owner how can they keep him off the property. i think you should call and ask to see what the complaint is.
Yes they can do this. While an investigation is going on they can shut you down as well. It's sad but it is for the protection of kids. This happened to me and I was given the choice of having someone working with me at all times or closing down for the duration of an investigation. I chose to close. I was closed for 2 months before I got the call that the accusation was unfounded. Sorry this happened to you, OP... I hope it gets cleared quickly but sometimes it's a very slow process. Ask current and past parents to send emails to your supervisor. Ask anyone who has been in your program....(CCR&R....etc) to write letters as well.
Lyss 06:33 PM 01-18-2013
any updates?
Tags:frustrated, licensing
Reply Up