Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Who Has Second Generation DCK's?
Rockgirl 09:12 AM 02-05-2015
I have my first one. Her mom was one of my SA's years ago. Her dd, my dcg, turns 3 tomorrow. Kind of makes me feel old! I'm just curious who all here has a second generation of dck's.
Blackcat31 09:15 AM 02-05-2015
I do. Several.

I also have grandchildren of people I graduated with.

It was bound to happen sooner or later.

I also have lots of kids with parents that were my own kids' classmates in school.

It's awkward sometimes but in a way it's kind of nice too.

I find there is much less disrespect from parents that are young enough to be my own child.
Annalee 09:15 AM 02-05-2015
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
I have my first one. Her mom was one of my SA's years ago. Her dd, my dcg, turns 3 tomorrow. Kind of makes me feel old! I'm just curious who all here has a second generation of dck's.
I had one that went to Kindergarten last year that I kept his dad.....Makes me feel old but I can see making it to my third generation....I am only 48...
Play Care 09:20 AM 02-05-2015
Not yet. The oldest kid is now 14/15. I don't see myself having second generation simply because people here tend not to have kid young and I don't plan on doing this after my current licensing period is up.
Rockgirl 09:20 AM 02-05-2015
Now that it's been brought up, I could have a third generation myself! I'm 45. I love this family I have....their two girls were always very sweet, parents were wonderful, so I didn't hesitate for a second on taking them.
daycarediva 09:30 AM 02-05-2015
Nope! My oldest is a freshman in high school. She was my very first dcg and she and dd are best friends. They actually moved shortly after we did and came back to me in our new house. She always says that when she has kids, they're coming here. I may have to fight her Mom for them, though.
Unregistered 09:50 AM 02-05-2015
I have had children of old dcks, its been great. They totally trust me and have great parenting skills. Have also had friends of my own kids as dc parents and that has been good too. I think all of them understand the rules and accept that there are reasons for them. And that if I have to say no I mean it.
nanglgrl 12:44 PM 02-05-2015
It will probably be another 10 years before I have that happen (and I doubt I will still be open) but I do have the child of one of my eldest sons friends in care. Most of my families leave because they are moving out of state. I don't know why but I attract very mobile clientele.
Janiam 01:08 PM 02-05-2015
I have a DCB who is the son of one of my first DCG's . I just love them both, he reminds me so much of his mom. She hasn't always had an easy time of it but she puts her little guy first. She is engaged to a nice guy, I really hope it works out for them both.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 04:38 PM 02-05-2015
me.. I am now on a second generation.
Starburst 07:58 PM 02-05-2015
The lady I used to work for had tons of 2nd generations. She even had one family where the dad (he was his mid 50's, his wife was in her late 30's/early 40s) came back with his young children from his second marriage at the same time one of his kids from his first marriage (who were all daycare alumni) brought his son (the little boy went to daycare with his aunts, one of which was the same age as him).
Unregistered 10:53 PM 02-05-2015
My first dck ever, her mother had a second marriage and third child (I had her second child too) who came to me 20 years after the first.
DaveA 03:50 AM 02-06-2015
No second generation kids, but the first 1/2 my career was in my hometown, so kids I took care of at my Mom's center send me graduation/wedding/birth announcements and invites. The first school ager I took care of in my home now works with my son. The worst one for me was when one of the first children I help my mom care for (when she did a home daycare) became a RN with my wife at the hospital.
christine19720 04:53 AM 02-06-2015
I too, am a "second generation" provider. I care for my grandchildren and my daughter's co worker's children. I never thought I would be doing this for my grandkids but apparently, time marches on!

On another note, this is much easier than when my kids were small. Lot less worries
Rockgirl 06:49 AM 02-06-2015
I like reading about all the different dynamics--looks like we have some great providers on here, since people keep bringing the new ones back. Also, when I first started daycare, I was younger than all my daycare parents. Now they're all younger than me!
Reply Up