Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ruining my parents' day
NoMoreJuice! 03:25 PM 04-22-2015
I am keeping a running tally of all the days I've ruined by talking to parents.

One dcm I had to tell that I wouldn't be able to offer PT care starting in August and that she either needs to go full time or find a new arrangement. She was devastated.

One dcd I had to tell that his 2yo boy won't stop biting his friends. Used to be very sporadic, but lately it's becoming a problem. He was so upset.

One dcm I had to tell I wouldn't have drop in room for her girl going to Kindergarten in the fall. She is going to a friend's daycare for my vacation week next month, and I recommended she ask about drop in care there. She was crushed.

One dcd is getting out of hand forgetting to bring me his monthly check, now wants me to use Google Wallet. I said a check would be just fine and I'm not interested in any more silly technology linking my checking account. He was annoyed.

Can I just not be a grown up anymore? I need a drink.
daycare 03:29 PM 04-22-2015
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:
I am keeping a running tally of all the days I've ruined by talking to parents.

One dcm I had to tell that I wouldn't be able to offer PT care starting in August and that she either needs to go full time or find a new arrangement. She was devastated.

One dcd I had to tell that his 2yo boy won't stop biting his friends. Used to be very sporadic, but lately it's becoming a problem. He was so upset.

One dcm I had to tell I wouldn't have drop in room for her girl going to Kindergarten in the fall. She is going to a friend's daycare for my vacation week next month, and I recommended she ask about drop in care there. She was crushed.

One dcd is getting out of hand forgetting to bring me his monthly check, now wants me to use Google Wallet. I said a check would be just fine and I'm not interested in any more silly technology linking my checking account. He was annoyed.

Can I just not be a grown up anymore? I need a drink.
I am right there with you......................

BUT don't feel bad.... i am sure they don't feel bad for you when they have to do whats best for them..........

I need a drink too....beer thirty where are you................lol
Shell 04:28 PM 04-22-2015
Love it!
Josiegirl 02:44 AM 04-23-2015
Wow, how dare you look out for you, your business, and all the other dcks. You're a regular monster!!
Those things happen with daycare. They're never happy when it inconveniences them. BUT if they need to change something, poof......it's done, with little notice for us or care how it affects us.
Hope you're not a guilty conscience type of person? Because there is no need to be.
Unregistered 04:01 AM 04-23-2015
If an "inconvenience" ruins someone's day, they actually have a pretty blessed life. At the same time, I'm really sensitive to other people's emotions/reactions, and I've had to learn that when you give someone disappointing news, they are entitled to have a disappointed reaction. (Reactions that are destructive or abusive are another story...) They ALL will eventually move on, and you are allowed that luxury, as well.
Blackcat31 07:08 AM 04-23-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
If an "inconvenience" ruins someone's day, they actually have a pretty blessed life. At the same time, I'm really sensitive to other people's emotions/reactions, and I've had to learn that when you give someone disappointing news, they are entitled to have a disappointed reaction. (Reactions that are destructive or abusive are another story...) They ALL will eventually move on, and you are allowed that luxury, as well.
^^ that is so true.

Where it gets muddy is when you (general you) feel it is your responsibility to change that reaction/feeling.

I understand that my clients will get upset (etc) if I give them news that doesn't mesh with their plans but I won't own or take responsibility for THEIR reaction to it.

I have to do what I have to do to keep my business profitable and keep myself happy and they have to do what they have to do too and neither of us are wrong for it.
Sugar Magnolia 07:46 AM 04-23-2015
🍷🍺🍷🍺🍷
Unregistered 09:15 AM 04-23-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Completely agree.
Reply Up