Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Much do you Charge for Drop in Per Day?
safechner 12:33 PM 03-25-2010
I normal do not accept drop in but I will do it once a while. A neighbor of mine just wanted to drop her 5 years old son off at my house for about two hours. I can't figure it out how much it should be. I know most of providers charged $20-$40 a day for full time in my area (McKinney Texas). Please let me know... Thanks!!
momma2girls 01:09 PM 03-25-2010
I normally do drop ins at $30.00 per child per day. I don't do 2 hr. days, but I guess, is $10.00 worth it for you? I do a 1/2 day rate up to 4 /2 hrs. at $20.00 per day per child.
TGT09 01:31 PM 03-25-2010
I charge $33 a day for drop in or just 1 day a week of care. I would charge a minimum of $10 for those 2 hours. I would do 2 hours because some parents just need to run somewhere, especially SAHM's.
misol 04:37 PM 03-25-2010
Originally Posted by Iowa daycare:
I normally do drop ins at $30.00 per child per day. I don't do 2 hr. days, but I guess, is $10.00 worth it for you? I do a 1/2 day rate up to 4 /2 hrs. at $20.00 per day per child.
I charge $5/hr with a 4-hour minimum or $40/day. I quickly decided that $10 wasn't worth it for me so that's why I have a 4-hour minimum now. I have one family that still comes for 2 hours every Thursday but that was before I made the change.
MarinaVanessa 05:00 PM 03-25-2010
I do drop in all of the time and I charge $5 an hour. I have my regulars (4 children) and my daughter. I purposely have left one spot open because we're trying for another baby and I'd hate to take someone knowing this only to drop them later. The four that I do have don't always come in at the same time so drop-in care works for me because I don't have to guarantee a spot for those children that come in as drop-ins but it's still extra income that I wouldn't get if I didn't do drop-in hourly. Most of the drop-ins that I take are here because mom & dad have errands, date night, appointments etc. so they don't need more than a few hours. $5 an hour is worth it to me since I wouldn't have anybody in that spot anyway and I only get $3.00 an hour for a full-time child of 6. At $5 an hour I get paid more hourly than I would weekly and the parents come to me because I am still cheaper than paying a teenager $10 an hour to babysit their kids. If i'm going to work anyway I might as well get an extra $10
boysx5 05:21 AM 03-26-2010
for infants I do 40 a day for toddlers or older 30 a day and for for a few hours I do 7 an hour
safechner 06:54 AM 03-26-2010
Thank you so much! It sounds reasonable price. I will do charge $5 an hour.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:49 AM 03-26-2010
I charge 30 a day for drop in.
KimmysKids 10:03 AM 06-24-2015
how do you accept drop ins. since its probably only one day do you still have to fill in the vaccination forms? any other forms do you have to fill out. i am new at opening my day care and any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you
AuntTami 10:15 AM 06-24-2015
Originally Posted by KimmysKids:
how do you accept drop ins. since its probably only one day do you still have to fill in the vaccination forms? any other forms do you have to fill out. i am new at opening my day care and any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you
My drop in clients fill out the same paper work that my regular clients do, they just don't have a set schedule. I require all papers for all kids regardless of status.

This helps me weed out the "hoppers" as well since I now have all their information.
Crazy8 10:25 AM 06-24-2015
I don't really do drop in but for 2 hours I would probably charge at least $8/hr - thats what the teenagers get to babysit. My drop in rate for a full day would be a little higher than any of my other daily rates - so probably about $45/day since most of my rates come in at about $40/day.
Leigh 12:16 PM 06-24-2015
When I do drop ins, I sometimes base it on the client. I usually charge a minimum $25, $5/hr/kid for over 5 hours.
KimmysKids 07:15 PM 06-24-2015
So they sign your contracts as well. Thanks for the info
Tags:charge, drop in care
Reply Up