Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Illegal Daycare Operating as Legal
Concerned in MI 03:40 PM 12-01-2015
I was searching the web for look day care web sites and I came across one that had some iffy information on it. I searched state site and this day care is not licensed. In Michigan, day cares are not allowed to use any kind of trampoline. This owner has trampoline permission slips on her site. I messaged her about openings and asked about her license, she told me that she was full. I messaged again, this time not asking about her license and she has openings.

On top of the trampoline, she has comments about safe sleep for infants, that concern me and the amount of tv/screen time she allows per day.

She also is wording her web site as if she is legal (including saying she is legal) with out saying she is "licensed". Order to be legal she would have to have a license. So she misleading families into believe that she is licensed.

Mainly I would not care to get involved but the trampoline and her wording in her safe sleep and legal comments make me CONCERNED. What can I do?
midaycare 03:52 PM 12-01-2015
Originally Posted by Concerned in MI:
I was searching the web for look day care web sites and I came across one that had some iffy information on it. I searched state site and this day care is not licensed. In Michigan, day cares are not allowed to use any kind of trampoline. This owner has trampoline permission slips on her site. I messaged her about openings and asked about her license, she told me that she was full. I messaged again, this time not asking about her license and she has openings.

On top of the trampoline, she has comments about safe sleep for infants, that concern me and the amount of tv/screen time she allows per day.

She also is wording her web site as if she is legal (including saying she is legal) with out saying she is "licensed". Order to be legal she would have to have a license. So she misleading families into believe that she is licensed.

Mainly I would not care to get involved but the trampoline and her wording in her safe sleep and legal comments make me CONCERNED. What can I do?
Report it to the SOM. I don't know that I would expect anything to be done, though. Unlicensed care is everywhere in MI. Have you ever read Craigslist? Yikes...
Thriftylady 03:58 PM 12-01-2015
You can report, but it may or may not do any good. And at the end of the day it won't anyway, because as long as people can choose a person for their kids they will. Perhaps because the rate is low, maybe she is a great provider, or whatever other reasons. Here in Ohio, we don't have to have a license and I see people offering care I would never use. But people use them. I saw on a Facebook group where a 14 year old girl was pregnant and looking to do daycare to make money this summer. People were jumping all over it to "help her make some money". Those same people probably won't be willing to pay the rate of a "real" quality provider.
Concerned in MI 06:32 PM 12-01-2015
Originally Posted by midaycare:
Report it to the SOM. I don't know that I would expect anything to be done, though. Unlicensed care is everywhere in MI. Have you ever read Craigslist? Yikes...
Ok I reported it. I found her address and phone number, which you need to report or they will not do anything.

I messaged her back with some questions including how many does she have in care. Her responds is
2 under 1 year
2 - 1 year old (one hers)
2 - 2 year old
1 - 3 year old (hers)

7 kids, 2 hers and 4 are 1 and under.
She is out of ratio too.

http://www.michigan.gov/mdhhs/0,5885...2239--,00.html

i found her on CL, then went to her website. She was the only one in my area.
284878 06:36 PM 12-01-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
You can report, but it may or may not do any good. And at the end of the day it won't anyway, because as long as people can choose a person for their kids they will. Perhaps because the rate is low, maybe she is a great provider, or whatever other reasons. Here in Ohio, we don't have to have a license and I see people offering care I would never use. But people use them. I saw on a Facebook group where a 14 year old girl was pregnant and looking to do daycare to make money this summer. People were jumping all over it to "help her make some money". Those same people probably won't be willing to pay the rate of a "real" quality provider.
I meet a local DCP, we were talking about this and she admitted that she reported a woman that was advertising on FB for running an illegal. The woman got caught and fined. She later posted on FB that she had to close because she was reported and now she was looking to nanny.
I also see pregnant teens looking to babysit. On one hand the do need the practice but on the other hand, I am not sure that I would trust them.
284878 06:40 PM 12-01-2015
Originally Posted by midaycare:
Funny story. I have some searches saved on CL. Today, I received an email search that one of my search words were triggered. It was a woman with 4 kids that wanted to do day care in her home. I simple wrote back to her and said that it was against the law. She thanked me and removed her post.
284878 06:40 PM 12-01-2015
Ok I reported it. I found her address and phone number, which you need to report or they will not do anything.

I messaged her back with some questions including how many does she have in care. Her responds is
2 under 1 year
2 - 2 year old
1 - 3 year old (hers)

She is out of ratio too.

Blackcat31 06:43 PM 12-01-2015

2 under 1 year
2 - 2 year old
1 - 3 year old (hers)

She is out of ratio too.

Just because she has the kids listed above enrolled doesn't mean she has them all on the same days or at the same times.

Also rules for MI say "(1:6) includes family members under 7 years old; no more than 4 children under 30 months and no more than 2 of those children can be under 18 months"

Her 1 yr old could be also be 19+ months

Who knows but I am curious as to why you are concerned about this particular provider? Or are you reporting all the illegal providers on Craig's List from your area?

Are you a provider as well?
Thriftylady 07:11 PM 12-01-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Just because she has the kids listed above enrolled doesn't mean she has them all on the same days or at the same times.

Also rules for MI say "(1:6) includes family members under 7 years old; no more than 4 children under 30 months and no more than 2 of those children can be under 18 months"

Who knows but I am curious as to why you are concerned about this particular provider? Or are you reporting all the illegal providers on Craig's List from your area?

I was wondering the same thing. I know there are providers here that are out of ratio and not following the rules. But I honestly would make myself crazy if I wanted to go hunt them down and report them. I can't worry about saving the world, all I can do is focus on the little part of it that touches me and make sure I do my job to the best of my ability.
midaycare 07:19 PM 12-01-2015

Her ratios could be okay. You really can't tell from the above info.

I have:
(2) 1 year olds
(6) 2 year olds
(2) 3 year olds
Just from that info I might sound out of ratio, until you understand the exact ages and my mix of full and part time.
Concerned in MI 07:34 PM 12-01-2015

I came across her ad, which lead me to her website. I was not out to report her, I started feeling uncomfortable about the info on her site. I did some research on her before I even posted here.

Poster here suggested I report to the SOM, which is what I did.

When she told me how many kids she had, she told me that all the families are 4 to 5 days a week. No I do not know the months of the children, but 7 kids is over ratio. She even said, I am allowed to have 6 kids in my childcare, then list the ages of the kids. (but not how I listed them, hers was in story form telling about the kids) In another paragraph mention that she had her 2 kids in her home and there ages. This is in an email, that she is telling me that she still has a spot for my child, that I need care for. (which would make 8 kids)

If she was licensed or "legal" as she put it, then she should know her ratios.

She told me she was full when I asked for her license number but told me she had openings when I tried again. To me that says she knows she not "legal".

I am a foster parent, so the safety of kids is important to me.
Concerned in MI 07:50 PM 12-01-2015
The only research I did was on her website (her full name and address plus contact info is listed) and a few emails to her asking the few questions. I was in no way out to save the world, I was just browsing on CL to begin with.

There was more on her website that seemed off to me, then what I listed here. I was just going on a gut feeling, when I emailed her. I would feel awful if I did not trust my gut and something happened to one of those kids.
(It was one of those, something is not right here feelings)

If I am wrong, then the worst that is going to happen is she gets a surprise inspection or call, if any thing.
Blackcat31 07:51 PM 12-01-2015
I came across her ad, which lead me to her website. I was not out to report her, I started feeling uncomfortable about the info on her site. I did some research on her before I even posted here.

When she told me how many kids she had, she told me that all the families are 4 to 5 days a week. No I do not know the months of the children, but 7 kids is over ratio. She even said, I am allowed to have 6 kids in my childcare, then list the ages of the kids. (but not how I listed them, hers was in story form telling about the kids) In another paragraph mention that she had her 2 kids in her home and there ages. This is in an email, that she is telling me that she still has a spot for my child, that I need care for. (which would make 8 kids)

She told me she was full when I asked for her license number but told me she had openings when I tried again. To me that says she knows she not "legal".

Maybe she really doesn't know her ratios arent state compliant or that she needs to be licensed....
(We are know how clear the rules are written. )

It just seems weird to me that she would go to such great lengths to give you such detailed information KNOWING she is operating illegally (if she is).

As a foster parent, you know better than most how often the system can be over worked and under staffed and that the true "best interests of the children" is often lost in government regulations and nonsensical rules that don't at all protect the child as an individual.

If you are truly concerned for the well-being of the children in her care, call her up and offer her the help/support she may need to educate herself about the rules and how to become licensed. IMHO, its worth a shot.

If she's knowingly breaking the rules and doesn't care, you have all the proof you need in her/your e-mail exchanges to file a formal complaint.

As a licensed foster parent, you are a mandated reporter and obligated to report.
melilley 04:31 AM 12-02-2015
I am also in MI and there are a ton of illegal providers in my area, it drives me nuts just because I have to go through all this cap and money to even get licensed and these other people don't. But I also honestly believe that a lot of people don't know that they have to be licensed. I sometimes will send these providers a link to our states website that states that it is illegal to operate without a license. Some have said they honestly didn't know and others just don't care. Either way, I think you did the right thing by turning her in. It definitely sounds like she's over ratio and a definite red flag if you asked for her license and all of a sudden she didn't have any openings. I don't have the time, but in my area there is actually a group of providers who will watch for illegal providers and turn them in.
Carrieh 05:38 AM 12-02-2015
I have gone through the entire process to become a licensed childcare provider. I thought once my orientation was done (after of course giving all my paperwork and filling out my application) that I had the green light from the licensing bureau. I'm not sure if I do, but I don't have an actual number. I apologize, because the whole process is a little confusing. Regardless, I called the licensing bureau and they told me that I'll have my number after they come and do the physical in-home review. Oops! I was mistaken. So, I stopped taking kids and the kids I did have are temporarily at either another person's home, or I gave them the name of an individual who is not licensed and running a childcare out of her home with quite a bit more kids. (I'm sure that's a ton better). Now, I don't have a trampoline, so I'm not sure if this post is actually referring to me, but I do have a jump-o-lene and a toddler trampoline. Both are approved by the state since neither have springs and both are indoor. The kid portion matches to mine. According to the State of Michigan, you are allowed 6 kids, total, outside of your own or "related" kids. As for my tv time...I did allow tv time up to 9:00 am; depending on arrival of kids. My start of business was at 6:00 am, but if I didn't have kids arrive until 8:00 am, then the two hour tv/screen time would be allowed.

I have spent thousands upon thousands of dollars into my childcare. I am paying $160 per month for a school-ready curriculum along with many, many, many hours and money into all the research to make sure I was doing everything on-key and correct according to the state, along with several calls to the state. I have worked in the legal field for over 10 years prior to becoming a stay-at-home mom and chose to open a childcare because of the awful places out there that provide childcare without being licensed or providing a safe place for kids. It with out a doubt was my fault, if in fact I am not allowed to watch kids quite yet, but at the same time, I'm questioning how much people really care about the KIDS well-being. If my kids are in a obvious safe place with a loving provider and clear and obvious indications of interaction, why punish them?...especially if they are clearly in the workings of becoming a licensed provider? I could be just internalizing all of this since after calling I found out that I wasn't "quite there" with my actual licensing number, but unless there is obvious evidence that there is harm being done to a child or lack of attention and interaction, why is there such a need of attack on another person.?. Either way, if this was me, because I am in Michigan, I apologize...and I also apologize on behalf of all those out there that are working as hard as I am to become licensed and provide an awesome in-home facility where children can grow and develop through great interaction, while in error watch kids prior to becoming official.
Thriftylady 05:49 AM 12-02-2015
Originally Posted by 284878:
I meet a local DCP, we were talking about this and she admitted that she reported a woman that was advertising on FB for running an illegal. The woman got caught and fined. She later posted on FB that she had to close because she was reported and now she was looking to nanny.
I also see pregnant teens looking to babysit. On one hand the do need the practice but on the other hand, I am not sure that I would trust them.
Babysitting is one thing for a teen. But one looking to take six kids bothers me. That is to many for a teenager. There is a difference. At the end of the day though, parents have to make decisions. Hopefully they are looking for someone who will take great care of their kids, but we all know that some will look only at price.
Leigh 07:03 AM 12-02-2015
Originally Posted by Carrieh:
I have gone through the entire process to become a licensed childcare provider. I thought once my orientation was done (after of course giving all my paperwork and filling out my application) that I had the green light from the licensing bureau. I'm not sure if I do, but I don't have an actual number. I apologize, because the whole process is a little confusing. Regardless, I called the licensing bureau and they told me that I'll have my number after they come and do the physical in-home review. Oops! I was mistaken. So, I stopped taking kids and the kids I did have are temporarily at either another person's home, or I gave them the name of an individual who is not licensed and running a childcare out of her home with quite a bit more kids. (I'm sure that's a ton better). Now, I don't have a trampoline, so I'm not sure if this post is actually referring to me, but I do have a jump-o-lene and a toddler trampoline. Both are approved by the state since neither have springs and both are indoor. The kid portion matches to mine. According to the State of Michigan, you are allowed 6 kids, total, outside of your own or "related" kids. As for my tv time...I did allow tv time up to 9:00 am; depending on arrival of kids. My start of business was at 6:00 am, but if I didn't have kids arrive until 8:00 am, then the two hour tv/screen time would be allowed.

I have spent thousands upon thousands of dollars into my childcare. I am paying $160 per month for a school-ready curriculum along with many, many, many hours and money into all the research to make sure I was doing everything on-key and correct according to the state, along with several calls to the state. I have worked in the legal field for over 10 years prior to becoming a stay-at-home mom and chose to open a childcare because of the awful places out there that provide childcare without being licensed or providing a safe place for kids. It with out a doubt was my fault, if in fact I am not allowed to watch kids quite yet, but at the same time, I'm questioning how much people really care about the KIDS well-being. If my kids are in a obvious safe place with a loving provider and clear and obvious indications of interaction, why punish them?...especially if they are clearly in the workings of becoming a licensed provider? I could be just internalizing all of this since after calling I found out that I wasn't "quite there" with my actual licensing number, but unless there is obvious evidence that there is harm being done to a child or lack of attention and interaction, why is there such a need of attack on another person.?. Either way, if this was me, because I am in Michigan, I apologize...and I also apologize on behalf of all those out there that are working as hard as I am to become licensed and provide an awesome in-home facility where children can grow and develop through great interaction, while in error watch kids prior to becoming official.
I don't know about Michigan, but in my state, you may operate as if licensed (in-process) the day that the state receives your application.
Blackcat31 07:20 AM 12-02-2015
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I don't know about Michigan, but in my state, you may operate as if licensed (in-process) the day that the state receives your application.
Funny how different states are.

I am in MN and you cannot operate until the day you receive your license in hand. (which can take between 2-4 months from the date you initially turned it in).
Unregistered 07:49 AM 12-02-2015

I APPLAUD what you did. Thank you!
midaycare 08:12 AM 12-02-2015
Funny how different states are.

I am in MN and you cannot operate until the day you receive your license in hand. (which can take between 2-4 months from the date you initially turned it in).
It is funny. In MI they are the same way.
daycare 08:34 AM 12-02-2015
all i can think of is.

when it doubt check it out.

I wish that more people were concerned enough about stuff like this.
momofsix 08:56 AM 12-02-2015

Unless things have changed with LARA taking over, I was told that after orientation I could take kids. Also, I got my paper license long before they actually came and inspected.
The six child ratio DOES include your own/related children though
Ariana 10:35 AM 12-02-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
all i can think of is.

when it doubt check it out.

I wish that more people were concerned enough about stuff like this.
AGREE!!! all it takes is a visit to make sure kids are not being put in harms way. These types of operations have the potential to give all providers a bad name.
Carrieh 10:52 AM 12-02-2015
Not according to the phone call with the licensing bureau this morning. Your kids does not count as kids in your daycare. It doesn't matter anyway...this person shot me down enough to make me desire to just give up on the process.
Blackcat31 10:58 AM 12-02-2015
Not according to the phone call with the licensing bureau this morning. Your kids does not count as kids in your daycare. It doesn't matter anyway...this person shot me down enough to make me desire to just give up on the process.
Below are the rules for Michigan. Taken from their information. It clearly says your own children under age 7 DO count.

https://www.daycare.com/michigan/

"(1:6) includes family members under 7 years old; no more than 4 children under 30 months and no more than 2 of those children can be under 18 months"

As for quitting because of something negative said is silly... To succeed in this business you'll need a thick skin as much as you need a backbone so if you truly want to do this, then do it the best way you can (legally of course).
Carrieh 10:59 AM 12-02-2015
I still don't know if this is me, but I've decided to forego continuing on this website. I feel like this is really a huge bashing site when there is little to no information on an individual. I'm a good provider, license yet or no license yet. I did contact the bureau and it appears someone did try to report me, so I can only assume it is this person. That's fine...I have no kids right now, only people who have signed my childcare contract and will use my facility once licensed; hence why I've indicated whether I had spots open or not. Regardless, the bureau did tell me that it is NOT ILLEGAL TO WATCH CHILDREN NOT RELATED TO YOU FOR FOUR WEEKS A YEAR WITHOUT PAY! That being said, I've offered those who have agreed to use my service in the future for 4 weeks of unpaid/free childcare; particularly to try my facility out to see whether it is a good fit for their kids and whether they like what i have to offer. I know...I'm a horrible provider! Merry Christmas to all of you! To the person who reported me, I hope someday someone comes along and shoots down your dreams as much as you have tried to shoot down mine!
morgan24 11:00 AM 12-02-2015
I'm not sure where you are at but I've been licensed in MI for 20 years and your own children count until they are 7. I wouldn't give up yet it sounds like you have a lot of the stuff done. If you need help feel free to pm me.
284878 11:13 AM 12-02-2015

Did you ask if a jump-o-lene and toddler trampoline was allowed? When I asked about a toddler trampoline, I was told no.

http://michigan.gov/documents/lara/l...20151202135206

See page 8 - 400.1915 line 6 and page 10 400.1920 line 6

Here is the Technical

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/la...20151202135438

400.1915 on page 87
400.1920 on page 109

(6) Trampolines shall not be used indoors or outdoors by children in care.
Rationale According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, trampolines:
• Present a safety hazard.
• Have the potential for serious injury.
• Should never be used in a home or recreational setting.
• Require highly trained personnel who have been instructed in all aspects of trampoline safety.

Technical Assistance

Trampolines of all sizes are prohibited, even with parental permission.

Bounce houses and other similar types of equipment are also prohibited, as they present the same hazards as a trampolines.

Blackcat31 11:30 AM 12-02-2015
Boy, its too bad the unregistered poster who reported the provider (in the original post) was as willing to help in assisting her in interpreting the regulations/rules like so many here are doing.

Perhaps she may have benefitted from the assistance.

Carrieh- if you are the provider that was reported, I hope you are able to learn from the information shared here and are able to become fully licensed and open as a legally licensed provider.
Angelsj 11:38 AM 12-02-2015
I still don't know if this is me, but I've decided to forego continuing on this website. I feel like this is really a huge bashing site when there is little to no information on an individual. I'm a good provider, license yet or no license yet. I did contact the bureau and it appears someone did try to report me, so I can only assume it is this person. That's fine...I have no kids right now, only people who have signed my childcare contract and will use my facility once licensed; hence why I've indicated whether I had spots open or not. Regardless, the bureau did tell me that it is NOT ILLEGAL TO WATCH CHILDREN NOT RELATED TO YOU FOR FOUR WEEKS A YEAR WITHOUT PAY! That being said, I've offered those who have agreed to use my service in the future for 4 weeks of unpaid/free childcare; particularly to try my facility out to see whether it is a good fit for their kids and whether they like what i have to offer. I know...I'm a horrible provider! Merry Christmas to all of you! To the person who reported me, I hope someday someone comes along and shoots down your dreams as much as you have tried to shoot down mine!
And no good deed goes unpunished...
There are so many circles in all this, my head is spinning.
284878 11:38 AM 12-02-2015
Originally Posted by momofsix:
Unless things have changed with LARA taking over, I was told that after orientation I could take kids. Also, I got my paper license long before they actually came and inspected.
The six child ratio DOES include your own/related children though
I opened over a year ago, I am not sure when LARA took over (I think it has been in the past year because I had to rebookmark the technical). I had to make sure every thing was up to code and send a paper saying that I was in agreement to the rules and was up to code (I could of signed at orientation, but there was some things that I misunderstood and had to correct). Then that took 2-3 weeks and I got a call from my licenser telling me I was approved and could start caring for LO. Week later the actual license came in the mail. However, I received my License number at orientation. I started getting the food program and other mailings after orientation.
My inspection was to be done in my first 90 after approved, She came like 89 days later.
Carrieh 04:05 AM 12-06-2015
Boy, its too bad the unregistered poster who reported the provider (in the original post) was as willing to help in assisting her in interpreting the regulations/rules like so many here are doing.

Perhaps she may have benefitted from the assistance.

Carrieh- if you are the provider that was reported, I hope you are able to learn from the information shared here and are able to become fully licensed and open as a legally licensed provider.

I found out who she was, & she is a provider in my town. She won, unfortunately. I gave up on the whole process. The state did admit they gave me misleading information, but I have two young kids of my own and can't be so stressed out as this entire process has become. All the poster had to do was email or message me with concerns. Instead, she decided to defame me and my character. The state did tell me a non-spring trampoline was okay; especially since it was something requested by a doctors note. My son is autistic.
Carrieh 04:32 AM 12-06-2015
Is a daycare provider. I put together information & found out who she was. Her daycare has had claims of her daughter biting other kids...which is currently being reported. I, however, gave up on the licensing process. I have 2 young kids of my own. I never had kids I was watching just had a list of people who had signed up. It was NEVER about the money for me. It was about the kids. My son is autistic, and the trampoline was approved for him with a doctors note. I wanted to help other kids have an enjoyable and safe environment, especially ones with challenges like my son. All this person had to do was express her concerns with me directly. If she felt like I was doing something wrong and illegal, I could confirm and stop or get confirmation to her. The state did admit they miscommunicated to me, and lead me to believe I was allowed to watch kids. Regardless, this persons post, without even trying to first communicating with me directly with concerns, was inconsiderate, rude, inappropriate, unprofessional and extremely DEFAMING!!!!

I've worked in the legal field for over 10 years & do know the definition of defaming! Regardless...I've given up. I mean hey...it's not about the well-being of the kids, right? If it was...anyone would see my home was not only safe and a great place for kids, but also my intentions, curriculum and time I place with my own kids shows my love and concern for them...only them. If that wasn't the case I wouldn't have paid our local theater to do a sensory movie screening for kids with sensitivities and/or first time movie goers of The Good Dinosaur. Yes...that came out of my own pocket and I had several parents thank me for doing that.

--Thanks for the great Christmas present, reporter. You really bring the meaning of Christmas...that being giving and kindness...to others! I hope your childcare is fully successful...you may; however, want to get your daughter to stop biting other kids though!...just saying...--
Unregistered 06:44 AM 12-06-2015
Wow Carrieh, YOU broke the law and you're blaming someone else because you got caught?!!

Also, you are flat out LYING.
1.When I sent in my paperwork, I had a licensing number within 24 hours of the time the state receiveved it. My licensor called me and said, "here's your number. I'll mail out your license today. And l will come do an inspection sometime in the next 90 days"
2.They NEVER hold your number until inspection. NEVER for a family childcare. If you're a group home it's different but you've indicated you're family.
3. If you had attended ANY kind of state mandated orientation you would know without a fraction of a doubt that trampolines are NEVER allowed for daycare kids. You may have one on the property for your kids but it is strictly forbidden for daycare kids.
4. If you attended an orientation you would know that your kids count until they are seven! They go over ratio/capacity for OVER AN HOUR at the orientation drilling it into your head over and over and over.

5. Every single person in MI is reading your posts saying "WOW this lady know NOTHING about the licensing process and has very obviously NEVER made an attempt to get licensed." You dug yourself into a huge hole when you started talking because you sound like a toddler trying to explain physics. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

So the cats outta the bag. You are a fraud who is trying to convince all these well-meaning people that you didn't do anything wrong when you intentionally and repeatedly broke the law.

It is ILLEGAL in Michigan to operate unlicensed. The OP did nothing wrong by reporting you. Not only were you operating illegally but you were also breaking a bunch of safety rules that you would have KNOWN were risky if you'd ever made an attempt to get licensed.
THIS IS WHY LICENSING IS MANDATORY. Because people like you don't know what is safe/unsafe for children.
Thriftylady 06:44 AM 12-06-2015
Is a daycare provider. I put together information & found out who she was. Her daycare has had claims of her daughter biting other kids...which is currently being reported. I, however, gave up on the licensing process. I have 2 young kids of my own. I never had kids I was watching just had a list of people who had signed up. It was NEVER about the money for me. It was about the kids. My son is autistic, and the trampoline was approved for him with a doctors note. I wanted to help other kids have an enjoyable and safe environment, especially ones with challenges like my son. All this person had to do was express her concerns with me directly. If she felt like I was doing something wrong and illegal, I could confirm and stop or get confirmation to her. The state did admit they miscommunicated to me, and lead me to believe I was allowed to watch kids. Regardless, this persons post, without even trying to first communicating with me directly with concerns, was inconsiderate, rude, inappropriate, unprofessional and extremely DEFAMING!!!!

I've worked in the legal field for over 10 years & do know the definition of defaming! Regardless...I've given up. I mean hey...it's not about the well-being of the kids, right? If it was...anyone would see my home was not only safe and a great place for kids, but also my intentions, curriculum and time I place with my own kids shows my love and concern for them...only them. If that wasn't the case I wouldn't have paid our local theater to do a sensory movie screening for kids with sensitivities and/or first time movie goers of The Good Dinosaur. Yes...that came out of my own pocket and I had several parents thank me for doing that.

--Thanks for the great Christmas present, reporter. You really bring the meaning of Christmas...that being giving and kindness...to others! I hope your childcare is fully successful...you may; however, want to get your daughter to stop biting other kids though!...just saying...--
I am not so sure I would be so quick to give up. I think you should finish the process! Don't let one person ruin your dreams.
Rockgirl 07:24 AM 12-06-2015

Here you are stating that you never had kids in your care--just a list of kids who would attend when you became licensed. Yet the OP said she emailed you (it sounds like you have determined this post is about you) asking how many kids you had in care, and you responded with the list of children and ages.
Thriftylady 07:52 AM 12-06-2015
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Here you are stating that you never had kids in your care--just a list of kids who would attend when you became licensed. Yet the OP said she emailed you (it sounds like you have determined this post is about you) asking how many kids you had in care, and you responded with the list of children and ages.
In one post, she states that she had kids but when she found out she shouldn't she sent them to another provider until she can take them back.
Rockgirl 09:43 AM 12-06-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
In one post, she states that she had kids but when she found out she shouldn't she sent them to another provider until she can take them back.
Yes, then this: "I never had kids I was watching just had a list of people who had signed up."
Unregistered 12:29 PM 12-06-2015
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Yes, then this: "I never had kids I was watching just had a list of people who had signed up."
yep she said this on post 15

"So, I stopped taking kids and the kids I did have are temporarily at either another person's home, or I gave them the name of an individual who is not licensed and running a childcare out of her home with quite a bit more kids."

But then in post 33 she says

"I never had kids I was watching just had a list of people who had signed up. It was NEVER about the money for me. It was about the kids."

She also changed her story on her kids counting in her number.

On this thread she says in post 24

'Your kids does not count as kids in your daycare."

But on this thread she says

"Here's the kicker...family home daycare only allows for up to 6 kids...your own included in that count."

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...463#post560463

So what is the truth?
Carrieh 01:25 PM 12-06-2015
I didn't have kids. I had a list of kids who were going start...soon! I was also told by an individual in the licensing department that I "had the green light." I assumed that meant I was legal to watch kids. This whole legal thing is rather ridiculous too. I've babysat many, many, many times. Make sure you report me for that too, K?!? I only had 2 kid under my care that were of my relation. The other people were on a list starting soon. They then had to send their kids to another person until this whole licensing thing was figured out. Whatever...not one of you have EVER met me. You have no clue who I am, what my home looks like and whether I am good with children, yet you are making me out to be this awful, awful person. The person who initially made this post was very, very defaming...and I know who they are. My past career has been in the legal field, and I have been advised from prior attorneys that I've worked for not only to bring a suit against the State for the miscommunication, but also and especially the person who made this post on a defamation level. If this person had valid proof that I was causing harm to other children and purposely doing illegal things...then yes, there should be serious consequences. I don't give a darn (to be nice) what everyone else went through to get their license or how they got it...I was told by the State licensing department that I had "THE GREEN LIGHT." The person who said that should NEVER have said that. They gave me the wrong impression and completely miscommunicated. In that regards, I do not feel I was doing anything wrong. Yup...I didn't have that "magic number," but I was told I was good to go. You can't just throw out there all false and horrible things about a person when you don't know them or ever met them. As for the kids I was told by the State that yes...I was allowed to have 6 kids aside from my own. If they told me wrong...yet again...well GO AFTER THEM!!! NOT ME!!! I don't feel I did nothing wrong according to what I was told. I don't have any children, aside from my own, that I am watching...but I'm so glad to hear that all of you are so concerned about a child's well-being! I'm going get in touch with the moderator of this site, because this continuing false allegations against me and defaming responses are beyond wrong. If a moderator sees this...please understand that my attorney will be sending a cease and desist correspondence along with getting in touch with you regarding this continuing post. As for the rest of you...this needs to stop. You don't know the story behind this. You don't know me. You don't know my childcare or home, and your accusations and actions against me as a person completely lacks moral. Just stop! I'm not getting my license, so go out there and attack another person! THANK YOU!
Unregistered 02:07 PM 12-06-2015
I'm not a member on here, but I've been following this thread. You seem to to have a hormone imbalance (pregnant maybe). There is no reason to get so upset or threaten to sue anyone. With the way you have blown this all out of proportion, there is no way you can handle working with people on a daily basis. Day care parents would send you through an emotional roller coaster on a weekly, if not daily, basis. The state did not shut you down. Go on about your business. Why do you care what others even think about you. Follow the state's rules and get on with your life.
Blackcat31 02:10 PM 12-06-2015
This has gotten a little out of hand and unnecessary.
Tags:illegal daycare
Closed Thread Up