Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 6 14 15 16 17 18  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today?
Baby Beluga 07:51 AM 03-18-2016
I put myself to bed early last night and slept 9.5 hours. It was wonderful.
Josiegirl 02:26 AM 03-21-2016
My ds and his gf came to visit yesterday. I haven't seen my ds since Christmas and his gf since last May so it was really nice. I miss being close to my kids. Their childhoods flew by so fast.
Controlled Chaos 12:31 PM 03-21-2016
I was patient, engaged and joyful with the children this morning. I have been grumpy (especially with one particular little booger) and wanting to just drink coffee and passively observe lately so am making an extra effort to get myself back to the kind of provider and care giver I want to be. Difficult dcb3 was still his normal difficult self, but he only raised my blood pressure once
laundrymom 04:41 PM 03-21-2016
Dh trimmed our fruit trees today and the kids watched out the window standing on step stools for two solid hours. Talking and asking and watching. It was wonderful.
lovemydaycare0912 04:53 AM 03-22-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I put myself to bed early last night and slept 9.5 hours. It was wonderful.
That was me. Last night I went to bed at 10:00p.m. It was great until the sun tried waking me up at 6:00am. I said nooooooo I still have 1 hour left of sleep haha

Although I have a cough, and my throat is scratchy I will make the best of today.
Claraskids 03:26 PM 03-24-2016
My newest dcm asked for my licensor's contact info at pick-up today. Turns out she wasn't upset with me but said now that the kids have been here for over a month, she and her husband realize "just how atrocious" the previous home daycare really was. They had been keeping a running list of their concerns but didn't know if they were blowing it out of proportion or not.
As awful as it is to know that other providers may not be up to snuff, I am just glad that I am meeting these little one's needs!
Bonus - just accepted another infant starting early May. I know they interviewed elsewhere and I am NOT the cheapest. My dh said to no longer stress over the fact that I can't offer all the bells and whistles. Apparently the fact that our home is filled with love is what is pulling the families in cause we are now bursting with kiddos!!
Blackcat31 04:14 PM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by Claraskids:
My newest dcm asked for my licensor's contact info at pick-up today. Turns out she wasn't upset with me but said now that the kids have been here for over a month, she and her husband realize "just how atrocious" the previous home daycare really was. They had been keeping a running list of their concerns but didn't know if they were blowing it out of proportion or not.
As awful as it is to know that other providers may not be up to snuff, I am just glad that I am meeting these little one's needs!
Bonus - just accepted another infant starting early May. I know they interviewed elsewhere and I am NOT the cheapest. My dh said to no longer stress over the fact that I can't offer all the bells and whistles. Apparently the fact that our home is filled with love is what is pulling the families in cause we are now bursting with kiddos!!
We (MN providers) are required to give parents upon enrollment a copy of licensing rules and a written grievance policy so that they know where, how and who to contact for complaints.
Claraskids 04:59 PM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
We (MN providers) are required to give parents upon enrollment a copy of licensing rules and a written grievance policy so that they know where, how and who to contact for complaints.
Thankfully I did at enrollment. Not sure if she didn't realize that or not. The other provider is in a different town and she didn't know who to contact. Asked me for help in finding the information. Since both towns are in the same county, I assured her it would be the same info and just gave her another copy of the info.
I do not know the name of the other provider and asked not to be told. Not taking any chances on confidentiality issues.
Now off to enjoy a much needed three day weekend. Happy Easter everyone!
lovemydaycare0912 07:57 PM 03-24-2016
Maybe I should have Good Friday off next year?!!!! I need a 3day weekend.
Annalee 07:14 AM 03-25-2016
Off today, headed to Birmingham for the weekend.....and only a three day work week next week.....I need it, too!
SnowGirl 01:25 PM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Off today, headed to Birmingham for the weekend.....and only a three day work week next week.....I need it, too!
Lucky!! I have maternity leave starting April 1st...but that's not really a vacation at all. I would love a relaxing time away! Have fun!
SnowGirl 01:29 PM 03-25-2016
Last weekend we converted DD's crib to toddler bed, and on Monday I transitioned DCG from packnplay to cot. DCG transitioned like a champ, and DD did NOT!

DD loves her new freedom and will NOT stay in bed, she just gets up over and over to play with toys and the light switch and just run around. It's been a very tiring week for DH and I .

Well, TODAY, naptime was amazing. I did a nice long play session in the nursery (Where the toddlers sleep) before naptime, read lots of stories with dimmed lights and white noise on, sang lots of lullabies while they laid down, and then sat there and reminded them to stay in their beds and go night-night. DCG took 5-10 minutes to settle down and DD took 30. No drama! So magical! Progress is amazing!!!

On a related note...am I the only one here whose most challenging DCK is their own child?
Unregistered 06:51 AM 03-26-2016
Friday evening one of my daycare families stopped by to drop off a beautiful bouquet of flowers for Easter. So thoughtful and made me feel appreciated. I took a sick day yesterday (first time in years, honestly, I can't remember ever closing because I am ill) and one of my families affected seemed irritated by it, so I was feeling a little frustrated. This other family's simple gesture definitely put a smile on my face :-)
lovemydaycare0912 09:37 AM 03-26-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Friday evening one of my daycare families stopped by to drop off a beautiful bouquet of flowers for Easter. So thoughtful and made me feel appreciated. I took a sick day yesterday (first time in years, honestly, I can't remember ever closing because I am ill) and one of my families affected seemed irritated by it, so I was feeling a little frustrated. This other family's simple gesture definitely put a smile on my face :-)
That is amazing. Hope you are feeling better. It is always nice to have families who genuinely appreciate you. Families who don't understand we are human and can get sick annoy me.
Leigh 09:43 AM 03-29-2016
I am finally going to be able to give notice today for the baby who has screamed non stop for the last 4 months. What a relief!
lovemydaycare0912 06:54 PM 03-30-2016
It's been 3 days without an ex dcm and I am so happy. But I do miss dcb. I am glad to have grown a backbone.
Sunshine74 08:18 PM 03-31-2016
Dcb has been recieving speech therapy for about 6 months now, and his language has taken off recently. Listening to him sing with us today got me a little teary eyed.
permanentvacation 08:33 PM 03-31-2016
I have gotten 4 new daycare kids since January and I just need one more daycare child in order to make the income that I need!!!
lovemydaycare0912 04:56 AM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by permanentvacation:
I have gotten 4 new daycare kids since January and I just need one more daycare child in order to make the income that I need!!!
Congratulations that is so awesome! Feels great right?
lovemydaycare0912 04:58 AM 04-01-2016
We told a dcm yesterday that we would no longer providing change. She said for the amount of work and what we do for her child, she doesn't mind if we keep the change weekly. To just hear her say that, made me smile. She truly appreciates us. She is such a blessing to have as a dcm. She is also the one who gave us double what we asked for when she dropped dcb before his contracted time last week. Can we clone her?
permanentvacation 12:43 PM 04-01-2016
lovemydaycare0912,

Thank you and yes, it feels GREAT!! I had actually been having at least 2 anxiety attacks per day for a few weeks simply over the worry of being able to pay my bills. It's nice knowing that I can actually support myself now.
lovemydaycare0912 09:48 AM 04-04-2016
All my kids went down for a nap within 5 minutes. It was beautiful.
valleygirl 06:43 PM 04-07-2016
One of the little girls (4 yrs) in my group repeatedly throughout the day comes over to me to hug me and tell me she "yuvs" (loves) me! So sweet!
lovemydaycare0912 03:05 PM 04-10-2016
I had a great weekend, no work, no cleaning. Just relaxing. Too bad tomorrow is Monday.
valleygirl 10:13 PM 04-14-2016
Kids were totally wrangy today and it was an exhausting day to say the least, especially with on little guy who WILL NOT LISTEN. At the end of the day when some kids have gone home we merge two groups, but today a lot of kids got picked up later than normal, so I had 9, when I am legally only supposed to have 8. So I got all the kids to get their circle mats and sit around the big whiteboard. I clipped a large piece of paper to the whiteboard and got out my markers. We sang the song "Aching Drum" and I let the kids take turns saying what each body part was made of (food item), and for once they were all sitting down, all interested and engaged. I drew each of their suggestions - pizza for a head, carrots for eyes, and so on for the whole face, body, arms, legs and feet, and ended up with a very funny looking Achin' Drum. Pretty sure they are going to ask for that game again.
Mike 10:41 PM 04-14-2016
I made the decision today that I'm going forward with my plans to go into daycare.

I haven't been here much lately because my home renovations business got very busy again for a while, but with that came more body pains and more desire to get out or reno work. Last October, my reno work died. I spent money advertising but got no jobs, so I decided it was a good time to make a career change and do something I would prefer to do. I have 2 future goals, woodworking and daycare. In October, I decided it was time to get into woodworking and to go back to serious planning for daycare.

Because of where I live, daycare isn't an option right this moment, and woodworking will take time to be profitable, so I've spent the last few weeks going to various employment centre seminars and workshops to get a job for now until I can get my 2 new businesses going. The workshops yesterday and today were to help choose a career and the results showed child care as one of the first options, so I told my career counselor that it was something I had already planned to do someday. She said that would be a good idea, and that she thinks it has a good potential for me.

SO, I made the decision that daycare IS going to be my future career. I've been putting the plans on hold for 5 years now. For now, I need to find a job, maybe even in the daycare field, work on woodworking on the side, and focus on preparing and launching my new daycare business. It will be next to impossible to start daycare with enough clients on opening to afford to quit other income sources, so once I'm ready to offer child care, I'll start with before/after care and work on my job and/or woodworking during the day. Once I get known in the field, and have references, I'll go full time daycare, and enjoy the remainder of my work years doing what I love to do.
DaveA 05:24 AM 04-15-2016
Originally Posted by Mike:
I made the decision today that I'm going forward with my plans to go into daycare.

I haven't been here much lately because my home renovations business got very busy again for a while, but with that came more body pains and more desire to get out or reno work. Last October, my reno work died. I spent money advertising but got no jobs, so I decided it was a good time to make a career change and do something I would prefer to do. I have 2 future goals, woodworking and daycare. In October, I decided it was time to get into woodworking and to go back to serious planning for daycare.

Because of where I live, daycare isn't an option right this moment, and woodworking will take time to be profitable, so I've spent the last few weeks going to various employment centre seminars and workshops to get a job for now until I can get my 2 new businesses going. The workshops yesterday and today were to help choose a career and the results showed child care as one of the first options, so I told my career counselor that it was something I had already planned to do someday. She said that would be a good idea, and that she thinks it has a good potential for me.

SO, I made the decision that daycare IS going to be my future career. I've been putting the plans on hold for 5 years now. For now, I need to find a job, maybe even in the daycare field, work on woodworking on the side, and focus on preparing and launching my new daycare business. It will be next to impossible to start daycare with enough clients on opening to afford to quit other income sources, so once I'm ready to offer child care, I'll start with before/after care and work on my job and/or woodworking during the day. Once I get known in the field, and have references, I'll go full time daycare, and enjoy the remainder of my work years doing what I love to do.
Good Luck on starting up!
Mike 07:31 AM 04-15-2016
Thanks

Being male may make it harder, but having been self-employed most of my life is a plus, since I already have experience with the business end of it. I also noticed that male does seem to be getting more common since I was last active here, so maybe my delay was for a reason. Give the world a bit more time to accept us.
Josiegirl 02:50 AM 04-16-2016
Thanks

Being male may make it harder, but having been self-employed most of my life is a plus, since I already have experience with the business end of it. I also noticed that male does seem to be getting more common since I was last active here, so maybe my delay was for a reason. Give the world a bit more time to accept us.
I wish so much it was 100% accepted by all parents. I believe having a male provider in a child's life can make a huge difference with some of these kids. They bring something different to the table in terms of guidance and nurturing. I wish you the very best of luck!!
Mike 07:14 PM 04-16-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I wish so much it was 100% accepted by all parents. I believe having a male provider in a child's life can make a huge difference with some of these kids. They bring something different to the table in terms of guidance and nurturing. I wish you the very best of luck!!
Thanks
Male providers will never be 100% accepted. There are still people who don't agree with women police, firefighters, etc. Remember the women's lib days? I was one of those strange young men who was on the women's side. I believe in equality, whether it's gender, race, religion, whatever. God made every one of us, and we are all equal.
Blackcat31 07:59 AM 04-17-2016
I have 2 future goals, woodworking and daycare.
My DH is a full time woodworker (he builds custom cabinets and furniture and log works ~ railings, homes and furniture etc) and works part time in our childcare.

He has a woodshop at home and comes into our daycare facility in town every afternoon to do lunch and maintenance.

The "to-do" list at daycare as well as the kids are a nice filler since the woodworking business ebbs and flows.

He belongs to a great woodworking forum that is really active and loves the "water cooler talk" with co-workers like we do here. I can share the link with you if you are interested.
Leigh 08:31 AM 04-17-2016
Thanks
Male providers will never be 100% accepted. There are still people who don't agree with women police, firefighters, etc. Remember the women's lib days? I was one of those strange young men who was on the women's side. I believe in equality, whether it's gender, race, religion, whatever. God made every one of us, and we are all equal.
There are SO many kids who need a strong male role model in their lives-you can definitely fill a need if you are able to connect with those kids and their moms!
Mike 06:00 PM 04-17-2016
My DH is a full time woodworker (he builds custom cabinets and furniture and log works ~ railings, homes and furniture etc) and works part time in our childcare.

He has a woodshop at home and comes into our daycare facility in town every afternoon to do lunch and maintenance.

The "to-do" list at daycare as well as the kids are a nice filler since the woodworking business ebbs and flows.

He belongs to a great woodworking forum that is really active and loves the "water cooler talk" with co-workers like we do here. I can share the link with you if you are interested.
Definitely. I like forums. I'm in one woodworking forum and have thought about looking for others. Forums are great places to share knowledge and have fun chats.

Originally Posted by Leigh:
There are SO many kids who need a strong male role model in their lives-you can definitely fill a need if you are able to connect with those kids and their moms!
It's nice to see that we are starting to be accepted. I did some searching the last few days and have seen obvious evidence that things have changed in just the last 2 years.
permanentvacation 05:24 AM 04-18-2016
I had the most relaxing, fun weekend full of visiting with family.

Saturday, my niece and her wife (lesbian married couple) both offered to be substitutes for my daycare. So I got to spend a short time with them while they filled out the paperwork for that. That evening, my sister came over with her newborn granddaughter and older granddaughter. We just sat in my yard talking. They were here for a little over an hour and it was probably the most relaxed time I've spent with my sister.

Sunday, I took my younger daughter with me to the zoo. I haven't been there in years! We had a great time. I told her that I wanted to just have a nice relaxed time and not be in a rush. She walked my pace and we really enjoyed ourselves.

After the zoo, my daughter had to go to work, and I didn't want to be home yet, so I went to Baltimore City! I used to NEVER go to the city. I just think it's all drugs and shootings! But I have been going there a couple of times lately because my older daughter is trying to convince me that it's a nice place. Yesterday, my older daughter was in the city visiting her boyfriend, so I called them and they met me in a place called Fells Point. It's a popular spot along the water that has restaurants, bars, and shops. We walked around for about an hour. I'm starting to actually like the city - well, at least a couple of locations in the city.

Then, without planning, I happened to notice the time as I got into my town when coming home from the city, and I was able to also make it to church just in time for the service to start! We had to get with a 'partner' to do an activity in church and after just about 5 sentences with my 'partner', she told me that she can see a difference in me and that I seemed calmer and more relaxed that I usually am!

The weather was around 75 degrees all weekend and had the perfect amount of sunshine! This past weekend was the best I've had in a long time!

Yes, this past weekend was absolutely AWESOME!
DaveA 09:13 AM 04-18-2016
I have 2 future goals, woodworking and daycare.
You can have the woodworking. I'll take working in metal any day. If I don't like something give me a bigger hammer and more heat and I'll make it right.

It's nice to see that we are starting to be accepted. I did some searching the last few days and have seen obvious evidence that things have changed in just the last 2 years.
While I agree I doubt it will be 100% accepted, it is getting better.
Mike 12:30 PM 04-18-2016
Originally Posted by DaveA:
You can have the woodworking. I'll take working in metal any day. If I don't like something give me a bigger hammer and more heat and I'll make it right.
I like working with metal also, but can't afford the machines for it. I took 2 years of machine shop way back in high school, but that was so long ago that the universal milling machine was fairly new.
Miss A 10:05 AM 04-21-2016
It is a beautiful 60° day, my kids have been wonderful all morning, all laid down for nap with no fussing at all, and my SO comes home from his business trip tonight. What a great day!
Controlled Chaos 08:38 PM 04-22-2016
13 hour work day, today was the pajama party/date night I offer every few months. The kids were great. We went on a walk along the river, saw baby ducks, went to the park, everyone took good naps, made a fun Earth Day craft, watched a movie. All parents were super appreciative. It worked out great. I even came in under my calorie goal for the day! Now for a daycare free weekend.
Mike 09:07 PM 04-22-2016
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
13 hour work day, today was the pajama party/date night I offer every few months. The kids were great. We went on a walk along the river, saw baby ducks, went to the park, everyone took good naps, made a fun Earth Day craft, watched a movie. All parents were super appreciative. It worked out great. I even came in under my calorie goal for the day! Now for a daycare free weekend.
I like that idea, and I'm sure many parents would love it too.

Enjoy your weekend.
Cat Herder 07:42 AM 04-26-2016
www.kinderkidzstuff.com has kindermats 12 for $78.00 until the end of the month.
Leigh 10:32 AM 04-26-2016
The weather here has affected the kids and me. They have no patience, have been loud, and have been arguing with one another. I just want to go hide in my room until they go home! However, there is one very good thing: I let my screaming infant go several weeks ago, and it was hard to tell her parents that I could no longer watch her-they were so nice, but the twins that I replaced her with are the best babies I've ever cared for-so content, happy, and easygoing. They're 9 months old, but their adjusted age is 6 months, and both have some delays because of spending months in NICU and being preemies. Both tube fed. One needs nebs every 4 hours, and it was kind of scary at first to take them on. I would not go back for a moment. It was the right decision, and I just love having these 2 babies here, even though they're much more work physically, emotionally, they are no work at all!
EntropyControlSpecialist 10:51 AM 04-26-2016
Yesterday was my birthday and I had three families give me gifts and cards (one was an expensive gift where she contacted other parents and had them chip in) and today two of my other part-timers came in with cards. Facebook is a neat thing since it tells others when birthdays are.

It makes my heart happy to be remembered.
Blackcat31 10:53 AM 04-26-2016
Originally Posted by EntropyControlSpecialist:
Yesterday was my birthday and I had three families give me gifts and cards (one was an expensive gift where she contacted other parents and had them chip in) and today two of my other part-timers came in with cards. Facebook is a neat thing since it tells others when birthdays are.

It makes my heart happy to be remembered.
We remembered you too!

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82518
Play Care 11:41 AM 04-26-2016
That my SA boys will NOT be here this summer!! I've had them both since infancy but I do not do SA care. Last summer with them was awful, and I was honest (somewhat, lol) to mom. And...she actually DID something about it.

I'm excited because I've had the same convo with other parents and they didn't take the hint, causing me to have to spell it out.
EntropyControlSpecialist 11:52 AM 04-26-2016
Thanks BlackCat! How sweet!!!

Originally Posted by Play Care:
That my SA boys will NOT be here this summer!! I've had them both since infancy but I do not do SA care. Last summer with them was awful, and I was honest (somewhat, lol) to mom. And...she actually DID something about it.

I'm excited because I've had the same convo with other parents and they didn't take the hint, causing me to have to spell it out.
That is fantastic! You'll have a much easier summer!
EntropyControlSpecialist 11:53 AM 04-26-2016
That's really neat! Do the parents pay an extra fee for the pajama party/date night portion or is this something you offer free of charge?
Controlled Chaos 03:30 PM 04-26-2016
Originally Posted by EntropyControlSpecialist:
That's really neat! Do the parents pay an extra fee for the pajama party/date night portion or is this something you offer free of charge?
$20 per child So I make about $150 in 4 hours and the parents get a super cheap date night. The extra money is nice, and its great for moral. The parents super appreciate it and with my kids being daycare age they super look forward to it. I will probably stop doing it when my kids are older, but for now its a win win
JackandJill 08:04 AM 04-27-2016
Everyone is napping, even my 4 year old
daycarediva 10:02 AM 04-27-2016

Josiegirl 01:49 PM 04-27-2016
I only had 1 little girl today, it was truly the best day I've had in awhile. We took a short walk up our hill to see the farmer's cows and chickens. Played outside and she could do whatever she wanted without sharing a single thing. We made a couple cute stick puppets, worked on her Mother's Day Card, read stories, played Legos, planted marigold seeds. No crying, screaming, fussing, whining, pushing, no gross runny nose(I have 1 this week that is super gross and it gets everywhere), it was such a nice low-key day. Plus mama picked up before 4:00.
Cat Herder 02:17 PM 04-27-2016
As of 2pm today, every single one of my clients have opened a 529 educational savings account for their child.

I guess I have scared them silly with explaining how I am paying for 3 on my salary.
lovemydaycare0912 04:45 AM 04-28-2016
I found out yesterday I have to have 2 wisdom teeth taken out. Oh wait, there's nothing positive about that. lol
childcaremom 06:02 AM 04-28-2016
I just registered another teacher family.

That leaves me 2 spaces left. One is currently filled with a full year client but I am hoping to make the full switch for September.

I did the math and am out a few thousand dollars by taking teacher clients. BUT..... I have summers, March Break, and Christmas Holidays OFF!!!! The mental health breaks throughout the year greatly outweigh the $$$$.

So excited!
Controlled Chaos 12:15 PM 04-28-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
As of 2pm today, every single one of my clients have opened a 529 educational savings account for their child.

I guess I have scared them silly with explaining how I am paying for 3 on my salary.

We have one for each of our kids and I just got my Roth IRA funded (first deposit) today! Once I found out I lost my retirement fund from my last job (the didn't vest me when I had been there long enough ) my goal was to have this set up before my 31st bday, 3 months to spare lol Now I need to call them to help me pick my investments, but woooohooooo for financial planning.
Blackcat31 12:20 PM 04-28-2016
Before lunch today I:

~ completed the re-rating packet for QRIS.
(crossing my fingers that I didnt forget to dot any i's or cross any t's and that I still qualify for a 4 star rating~max. in my state)
~completed a 2 page blog entry
~updated my website
~added 3 more families to my waitlist
~talked with my licensor about co-hosting a training course together
~approved 2 emergency grant requests for area providers
~gave a written statement on behalf of our area child care association.

Now.....I need a nap.
Febby 08:35 PM 04-29-2016
Before lunch today I:

~ completed the re-rating packet for QRIS.
(crossing my fingers that I didnt forget to dot any i's or cross any t's and that I still qualify for a 4 star rating~max. in my state)
~completed a 2 page blog entry
~updated my website
~added 3 more families to my waitlist
~talked with my licensor about co-hosting a training course together
~approved 2 emergency grant requests for area providers
~gave a written statement on behalf of our area child care association.

Now.....I need a nap.
Overachiever.

Although today I was the first person to complete my ECERS materials list, which made my director happy. Although it probably helps that I've basically memorized the dang thing. We do them every six months and turning in a completed one usually means NEW STUFF. Once everyone else hands theirs in and our director decides what she wants to buy for us.
KTsKids 02:42 PM 05-03-2016
So I've been running a childcare from my home for just over 6 years and it can be, as I'm sure you all know, EXTREMELY frustrating at times! I just stumbled across this forum last night and I must say that just reading everyone's posts about their aggravating situations has actually brightened my mood considerably. Suddenly I realize I'm not the only one dealing with these issues. AND I realized how spineless I am with the parents compared to most of you. I recently allowed one family to get 5 weeks behind on payment! I feel empowered to stand up for myself a bit more now. So... THANK YOU to all of you who have posted here over the years I've been reading through old threads for hours!
lovemydaycare0912 06:53 PM 05-03-2016
One of my wonderful dcms texted me 10 minutes before her time to pick up that she was running late and would make it 15 mins late. She asked what the late fee was. Now I'm sure she may know what it is, or she may have "forgotten". My husband said she probably asked to see if I would waive it. I told him I couldn't. I love them but I have waived it 2 or 3 times already for 10 mins over. I needed to put my foot down to show that I respect my own rules and I do not want to work overtime because you are running late. If it was 1-5 minutes I wouldn't have said anything. but 10-15 is different (case by case basis). I learned my lesson with the old family I had to term. She came in 10 minutes late with cash in hand. I was so thankful. Hope I encouraged someone.
Second Home 12:04 PM 05-06-2016
In my 13 years of being a daycare provider today was the first time a parent has given me a gift for Mother's day . It is just a simple flower that I can re pot , but just them thinking of me made my day .
thrivingchildcarecom 12:13 PM 05-06-2016
http://thrivingchildcare.theblogpres...iation-Day.jpg

Here's hoping you are appreciated today and everyday!
Cat Herder 11:19 AM 05-10-2016
That awkward moment when you pay to take a mandatory training and the power point is one that you, yourself, wrote, took the photos and presented in a class as a student the previous year.
Blackcat31 11:38 AM 05-10-2016
That awkward moment when you pay to take a mandatory training and the power point is one that you, yourself, wrote, took the photos and presented in a class as a student the previous year.

How did that happen?
Of course you passed with flying colors right?
DaveA 11:57 AM 05-10-2016
Oopsie!
Cat Herder 12:10 PM 05-10-2016

How did that happen?
Of course you passed with flying colors right?
No idea. Yep. Passed and refrained from saying a word.

All these new courses are built on the experience of long term providers who were in the trenches before the "degrees" even became available to pursue. Funny how we are never given credit for it, though.

"Yes, you are 22 with a shiny new degree... who do you think did the hands on research and hard work making your textbooks possible... " I kept it in my head, though. You would have been proud.
Cat Herder 12:21 PM 05-10-2016
Oh, the positive is that I was published. It felt pretty validating at a time when I have been made to feel "out of date".. I really needed the encouragement and the universe delivered it in the most perfectly twisted humor sort of way. I loved it.

I debated sharing.
Cat Herder 11:20 AM 05-19-2016
Under my breath to nobody in particular : "Ugh, this print is too small to see. I'll get to it later."

4.5yo : "Ummm, that's because you have kids font on. You need nana font so you can see it." - proceeds to do witchcraft with my keyboard. (no, not really, just a few keystrokes) "There, better?"

And it was. Yeah, I am this kids teacher. Humbled.
DaveA 07:02 AM 05-20-2016
MIL was supposed to come home next weekend from visiting her sister in Texas. Just found out they're having such a good time she's staying down there till "at least" the end of June.
Annalee 02:18 PM 05-20-2016
I took a personal day today.....my new cots come in......last day of school for my sons.......new daycare sign will be ready Monday.....only a 3 day work week next week.....long Memorial Day weekend on the water
HHdaycare12 03:34 PM 05-23-2016
Weather was great, potty training two-two year olds all day.. Sunshine and the potty. One DCM was so thankful for the "help" potty training she showed up with a bottle of cold wine for my night off. Unexpected but appreciated. Great DCM there lol
lovemydaycare0912 02:36 PM 05-25-2016
My new hours havent gone into effect yet but all except 1 of my kids were gone by 425. Last one by 5. It was fabulous. This would have never happened had I not termed that family 2 months ago.
tabitha 11:33 PM 05-25-2016
Hi all,
I am new here and this is my first post.I am glad I came across this thread.It is really an awesome topic to discuss.I went to town yesterday to buy some groceries.I meet a sweet old lady in the store who had trouble finding her way in the store and she kept getting lost.I went and helped her out.She was really grateful and told me that she was 85 years old and couldn't do shopping on her own anymore.I asked why she couldn't let any of her kids or grandkids do the shopping for her.She told me that she was all alone, she wasn't married and didn't have any family members to look after her.I felt very bad for her and offered to drive her home.I gave her my number and told her to call me incase she needed anything.She promised too.I plan to call her once or twice a week to check on her.
Play Care 09:15 AM 05-26-2016
Today is my Friday and I'm off Monday for Memorial Day. I've already told hubby that I'm spending the weekend in my pajamas and not doing a thing!!
lovemydaycare0912 03:21 PM 05-26-2016
Tomorrow is Friday. Tomorrow is Friday. Tomorrow is Friday. Tomorrow is Friday. Tomorrow is Friday. Tomorrow is Friday. Tomorrow is Friday. Tomorrow is Friday. Tomorrow is Friday. Tomorrow is Friday. Tomorrow is Friday. Tomorrow is Friday. Tomorrow is Friday. Tomorrow is Friday. Tomorrow is Friday. Tomorrow is Friday. Tomorrow is Friday. Tomorrow is Friday. Tomorrow is Friday. Tomorrow is Friday. Tomorrow is Friday.

Oh sorry. I can't wait for the long 3 day weekend that won't be enough.
daycarediva 04:03 AM 05-27-2016
3 day weeeeeeeeeeekeeeeeeeeeeeeeend!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunshine74 11:24 AM 05-27-2016

Annalee 05:26 AM 06-02-2016
My first week of summer and I only have 7 kids each day this week......I love my summers.....a much needed break.....almost a relief and chance to get rejuvenated.... my assistant and I can share time and I have many vacation days for the summer
Annalee 05:30 AM 06-02-2016
My first week of summer and I only have 7 kids each day this week......I love my summers.....a much needed break.....almost a relief and chance to get rejuvenated.... my assistant and I can share time and I have many vacation days for the summer
Oh and I even have the motivation to spring-clean a little.....
Sunshine74 11:07 AM 06-02-2016
We walked to a nearby food/ice cream stand with the two-year olds. They were so well behaved, it was probably the easiest field trip ever.
Controlled Chaos 12:05 PM 06-02-2016
I normally have 9 dcks in the morning and 10 in the afternoon. I have 3 right now! 2 are sick, 2 are on vacation,
and 1 just took a personal day. My inlaws picked up 2 of my kids... I can't believe it!

I have gotten so much cleaning up done. Kitchen floors mopped, changed the sheets on the kids beds, cleaned the laundry room/closet...it was nasty, cleaned the toilets in both bathrooms...I so needed this time today! I even had time to review some choreography for a rehearsal I have tonight - the kids think its hilarious when I dance
Annalee 12:40 PM 06-02-2016
I normally have 9 dcks in the morning and 10 in the afternoon. I have 3 right now! 2 are sick, 2 are on vacation,
and 1 just took a personal day. My inlaws picked up 2 of my kids... I can't believe it!

I have gotten so much cleaning up done. Kitchen floors mopped, changed the sheets on the kids beds, cleaned the laundry room/closet...it was nasty, cleaned the toilets in both bathrooms...I so needed this time today! I even had time to review some choreography for a rehearsal I have tonight - the kids think its hilarious when I dance

Miss A 04:03 PM 06-02-2016
My newest family surprised me with a "just because" gift today. A 60 minute massage! How did I get so blessed?!?
lovemydaycare0912 06:19 PM 06-06-2016
Although a family termed with no notice, I just realized my earliest child will now be here at 8am. How beautiful is that!
permanentvacation 07:20 PM 06-06-2016
I just want to say how much I love, appreciate, and how happy that I am to have the family that I do. I know that my family members are far from the 'perfect people'. We do get put our differences aside often enough and enjoy each other's company. We also argue with each other, disagree with the way each other lives, etc. But, we each would do anything we could for the other. And we've proven that to each other time and time again!

I don't really want to explain my personal situation on here. But, the good thing that happened today is that I was really in a bind and my sister went out of her way to help me out. I hope things work out. She is planning to help me in the future. So I really hope everything goes as planned. But simply that she is willing to offer to help and plans to help relieves me of a lot of stress and worry. I just hope everything goes as planned.
Annalee 05:35 PM 06-11-2016
Much, Much, Much Spring Cleaning accomplished in my home today!
lovemydaycare0912 06:12 PM 06-11-2016
Much, Much, Much Spring Cleaning accomplished in my home today!
At least that's one of us. lol. DH slept until I woke him up at 1:30 because he spent all night until the wee morning playing video games. I only managed to clean the 2 bathrooms. Want to come over my house next? lol
Play Care 03:14 AM 06-13-2016
Ran my first 10k Saturday. It was a really small race (only 24 total runners doing the 10k) I got third place in my age group

Saturday night I signed up for a half marathon in September
childcaremom 03:51 AM 06-13-2016
Ran my first 10k Saturday. It was a really small race (only 24 total runners doing the 10k) I got third place in my age group

Saturday night I signed up for a half marathon in September
Good for you! I just started back running last week.
lovemydaycare0912 04:59 AM 06-13-2016
This morning dcb 1 almost 2 says, "Turn up, Wanna see me turn up?" Lol, it was the first thing he told me. I couldn't help but laugh.
Annalee 06:44 AM 06-16-2016
August may hit me with a bang but I am LOVING my relaxed summer!
Boymom 08:53 AM 06-21-2016
Just scheduled my vacation, hallelujah!!!!
DaveA 09:32 AM 06-22-2016
Supposed to be 97 today and 94 by 10:00. Well the clouds stayed in and the wind stayed, so this morning it was only 78 degrees, little humidity, and breezy. We had a fun morning outside.
Cat Herder 11:41 AM 06-22-2016
Nobody over the age of 9 months is in attendance today. I am glitter, sand and glue free until next Monday.
Controlled Chaos 03:21 PM 06-22-2016
Nobody over the age of 9 months is in attendance today. I am glitter, sand and glue free until next Monday.
lol that sounds magical. I am watching a 3 yo glitterfy a 3 foot radius around himself as we speak
Controlled Chaos 03:25 PM 06-22-2016
Because I posted a crazy whiney vent earlier - let me re adjust my attitude

I passed my inspection with no infractions!

The 11m old napped in the same room as the big kids for the first time today and did a really good job! I think she will transition to one nap with the big kids by her 1st birthday

Coffee is delcious, plentiful and iced

My DH is home today and took our big kids (4 and 6) on an outing to the park to practice baseball skills So cute.

I like my job lots. Its pretty rad.
Play Care 05:13 AM 06-23-2016
Today is my last day with a "full house" I'm off tomorrow, all next week, and Monday for the holiday. Once I come back I will have just TWO day care kiddos- my pretty independent 5 yo DCG and my favorite 2 yo little man. I will also be off every Friday. I can't wait!
childcaremom 09:23 AM 06-23-2016
Dcm just pulled dcg whose been having a time transitioning.

This has a bright side because all the rest of my clients are teachers. I am done for the summer next Thursday!

Plus I put up an ad for the spot for September and a sahm wants only part time but will pay for full time AND follow a teacher schedule. We are meeting in a few weeks.

Plus I put up an ad for summer yoga classes (because my schedule is now wiiiide open) and have interest already!

The stars are aligned
DaveA 06:03 AM 06-24-2016
2 DCFs have called off and 1 is at camp, so I just have 2 today. It's even my easiest two kids. Plus DS13 is going to his brother's house in a bit, supposedly to help clean the garage. I'm sure it will be 2 hours of cleaning + 4 hours of playstation. Happy Friday!
Annalee 06:37 AM 06-24-2016
Only five kiddos today and a 3-day work week the next two weeks....I can handle that
Annalee 01:30 PM 06-28-2016
Just one more day and off until next Wednesday!
Controlled Chaos 09:57 AM 07-11-2016
I made a huge batch of lavender sensory dough over the weekend and at least 4 of the 9 kids have been completely engrossed in it all morning. A peaceful, playful Monday
Tags:fun stuff, great news, happy, positive, tgif
First ... 6 14 15 16 17 18  ... Last
Reply Up