Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Early AND Late!!!!
Georgiads 03:43 PM 09-26-2017
I live in an expensive area so I am lucky that my parents don't have financial problems, but even though I get paid I am dealing with a lot of rude and inconsiderate behavior.

I have three families out of ten who are consistently early to drop off and late to pick up.

I am the kind of person who is always worried about inconveniencing others, so this behavior has left me with my mouth hanging wide open in disbelief.

Example :

Mom arrives at 7:13 when I open at 7:30.

I am a moron, so I open the door.

Mother hands me 11 month old and says she just scoopedbaby out of the crib and put her straight into the car. Baby needs a diaper change and is still in pjs.

I'm doing everything I can not to make that Home Alone face with the hands on my cheeks.

Mom leaves, I go about feeling used and sad for this baby.

So I typed up a letter to remind parents of my upcoming holidays, reiterating that I follow the public schools when it comes to snow days/delays/early release and that children must be gone at 5:30 or I will apply fees and eventually term.

I feel resentful because I feel like they have made me uncomfortable in my own home because of their disregard for my time and efforts.

I am thankful to this forum because it taught me to have a backbone about this behavior, but I still don't like having to pull out that whip!

Letters went home today, I just said briefly that they were policy reminders. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow morning!!!!

Thanks for listening, I think I feel better after getting this off my chest.
Tags:awkward parent, backbone - not, early arrival - policy, enforcing policies, enforcing policies - consistency, late drop off
Up