Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
LysesKids 11:08 AM 11-27-2017
Originally Posted by BumbleBee:
Why on earth did I schedule a tour for 6pm on the Monday after a 4 day break?

My house is a disaster and the kids are cranky. Lovely.
Oh dear... I never schedule a tour on a Monday just because everyone is trying to get back in the swing of things; after dealing with Monday Madness the only thing I want to do at days end is have a glass of wine lol
Hunni Bee 11:57 AM 11-27-2017
I have been battling a sinus infection since Thanksgiving, for some reason its only affecting my throat. I lost my voice last night. It feels like I swallowed at pine cone. Tea, honey, cough drops - not working.

My bosses pretended they would let me leave if I came in. I've been here for close to 8 hours now.

Most four-year-olds feel that if they can't hear you, then you're not really talking. Including my own. So after dealing with her laughing at my paper-thin voice and then running off to not do whatever it is I asked, I've been straining my voice at her friends all day.

Guess who's really cranky
BumbleBee 03:05 PM 11-27-2017
Why on earth did I schedule a tour for 6pm on the Monday after a 4 day break?

My house is a disaster and the kids are cranky. Lovely.
And they're late. Ugh!
Josiegirl 03:17 PM 11-27-2017
My hours are 7-5. Long enough day. Dcd texts me at 5:05 and says it'll be another 15 minutes. Then he texts me at 5:20 saying he was still waiting for his ride and hopefully he'd be here by 5:30. 5:31 he comes in, never apologizes or anything.
I had sent home newsletters today and mentioned my intent to close at 5 like I'm supposed to, and my late pick-up fees are doubling as of next Monday. He better read his.
Cat Herder 04:17 AM 11-28-2017
Winter has barely even begun and I have an injured possum in my bedroom and a pregnant feral cat in the office. I need Santa to bring a fantastic rescue group to our town soon.
daycarediva 10:22 AM 11-28-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Winter has barely even begun and I have an injured possum in my bedroom and a pregnant feral cat in the office. I need Santa to bring a fantastic rescue group to our town soon.
WHAT IS IN YOUR BEDROOM!? I did a double take for sure! Glad they have you, though!
Cat Herder 11:05 AM 11-28-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
WHAT IS IN YOUR BEDROOM!? I did a double take for sure! Glad they have you, though!
Yep, an Opossum. She is super sweet but I am not so sure she is going to make it. I've done all I can do. No little ones in the pouch, so that is good news (late in the season for that, but still possible) but still a rotten start to our morning. Someone hit her in my driveway and left her even though it was obvious she was still alive. She came to me as soon as she saw me. She is one of the "locals" who visit my apple and plum trees often so is not afraid of me.
DaveA 12:01 PM 11-28-2017
Yep, an Opossum. She is super sweet but I am not so sure she is going to make it. I've done all I can do. No little ones in the pouch, so that is good news (late in the season for that, but still possible) but still a rotten start to our morning. Someone hit her in my driveway and left her even though it was obvious she was still alive. She came to me as soon as she saw me. She is one of the "locals" who visit my apple and plum trees often so is not afraid of me.
That sucks. Possums get a bad rap because they're ugly as all get out but are actually pretty cool. Good luck with her.
Josiegirl 02:08 AM 11-29-2017
I hope the possum makes it; can you take it to a vet or some kind of forestry person? Poor thing.
You know, as soon as word gets out that you're rescuing all these animals, you'll be finding all kinds of critters on your doorstep.
Cat Herder 04:56 AM 11-29-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I hope the possum makes it; can you take it to a vet or some kind of forestry person? Poor thing.
You know, as soon as word gets out that you're rescuing all these animals, you'll be finding all kinds of critters on your doorstep.
Word is already out. Pretty much since I was able to walk. She is my 9th possum. First adult, though. (plus squirrels, snakes, birds, rabbits, turtles, geckos, frogs, a ground hog and a bobcat kitten.)

All local shelters/wildlife rehabs are at or over capacity. Animal control said to let nature take it's course. She has passed the 24 hour mark, now, so fingers crossed. They are resilient little things. I may try offering some applesauce and baked chicken this afternoon if she is still in her hide (I moved her to an outdoor shelter that she can leave when she feels ready.)
DaveA 05:22 AM 11-29-2017
Apparently everyone decided that their children's breakfast would be pixie stix and mountain dew. Jeez these kids all hit the door wound for total sound this morning.
daycarediva 10:46 AM 11-29-2017
Word is already out. Pretty much since I was able to walk. She is my 9th possum. First adult, though. (plus squirrels, snakes, birds, rabbits, turtles, geckos, frogs, a ground hog and a bobcat kitten.)

All local shelters/wildlife rehabs are at or over capacity. Animal control said to let nature take it's course. She has passed the 24 hour mark, now, so fingers crossed. They are resilient little things. I may try offering some applesauce and baked chicken this afternoon if she is still in her hide (I moved her to an outdoor shelter that she can leave when she feels ready.)
Are you and my dd related?!

She has taken the dang skunk under her wing and now feeds it. (it won't walk on one front paw)

I would be much happier about an opossum in her bedroom than the skunk under the shed. I hope she makes it!!!
LysesKids 07:06 AM 12-01-2017
of all months that I had 2 of my 4 families decide not to pay me on time. Bad enough I have to figure out how to pay almost 10,000 on medical bill because of issues over the last 2 months... but damn. I have already had to fix a water leak (doubled my water bill for 2 months now), had lot rent and property tax increase & now I have no way to pay anything unless I go to social services. Thank goodness I know I can live on rice & Beans, but why now... I already won't get to see family for the holidays because I can't afford it, but this makes it worse. I'm suppose to have my Holiday open house next weekend & without funds to buy food that isn't happening now
Blackcat31 07:08 AM 12-01-2017
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
of all months that I had 2 of my 4 families decide not to pay me on time. Bad enough I have to figure out how to pay almost 10,000 on medical bill because of issues over the last 2 months... but damn. I have already had to fix a water leak (doubled my water bill for 2 months now), had lot rent and property tax increase & now I have no way to pay anything unless I go to social services. Thank goodness I know I can live on rice & Beans, but why now... I already won't get to see family for the holidays because I can't afford it, but this makes it worse

Yes, sometimes the "WHEN" is so much more important than the "WHAT".

I can handle almost any crisis thrown my way but sometimes it's the timing of when they happen that throws me for a loop.

Hang in there.... I always figure if things aren't literally at rock bottom then it's not ALL bad and if it is at rock bottom then the only place left to go is back up!!
Jupadia 07:42 AM 12-01-2017
of all months that I had 2 of my 4 families decide not to pay me on time. Bad enough I have to figure out how to pay almost 10,000 on medical bill because of issues over the last 2 months... but damn. I have already had to fix a water leak (doubled my water bill for 2 months now), had lot rent and property tax increase & now I have no way to pay anything unless I go to social services. Thank goodness I know I can live on rice & Beans, but why now... I already won't get to see family for the holidays because I can't afford it, but this makes it worse. I'm suppose to have my Holiday open house next weekend & without funds to buy food that isn't happening now
I'm allowed 5 kids but 2 are mine. I have 2 family's 1 with 1 kid and a newer 1 with 2. They gave me notice last week that they care gone by Christmas (Dec 22 last day). Just last month I asked if the oldest would be staying past January cause the parent had talked about putting her in pre school. They said no they still wanted the spot. So I told 2 other family's no.

Now there gone at Christmas time and my boys birthdays are 5 days and 1.5 months after. So yes this will effect my budget for both things. But we wiĺl be ok just very tight on money till I fill both spots. What bugs me is the trimming a month ago I could have filled one spot in Jan and one in March. Now I may get the kid for March. But not many people are looking for care this time of the year so it sucks.
LysesKids 07:44 AM 12-01-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Yes, sometimes the "WHEN" is so much more important than the "WHAT".

I can handle almost any crisis thrown my way but sometimes it's the timing of when they happen that throws me for a loop.

Hang in there.... I always figure if things aren't literally at rock bottom then it's not ALL bad and if it is at rock bottom then the only place left to go is back up!!
Yep... unfortunately My income is the only $$ because I am single (and old enough most places won't hire me)... I am about ready to sell the house & walk away; I love my career, but I have 2 other side hobbies I can re-open and I own the .coms which I probably need to start getting back up lol. If I go down in one job, I know I have a backup even if it takes time lol. I've dealt with being a single mom, cancer( yep, been there & done the chemo thing) & death of loved ones... sometimes it just gets overwhelming when you bust ass just to have families think their sh** is more important than yours
LysesKids 07:59 AM 12-01-2017
Originally Posted by Jupadia:
I'm allowed 5 kids but 2 are mine. I have 2 family's 1 with 1 kid and a newer 1 with 2. They gave me notice last week that they care gone by Christmas (Dec 22 last day). Just last month I asked if the oldest would be staying past January cause the parent had talked about putting her in pre school. They said no they still wanted the spot. So I told 2 other family's no.

Now there gone at Christmas time and my boys birthdays are 5 days and 1.5 months after. So yes this will effect my budget for both things. But we wiĺl be ok just very tight on money till I fill both spots. What bugs me is the trimming a month ago I could have filled one spot in Jan and one in March. Now I may get the kid for March. But not many people are looking for care this time of the year so it sucks.
Oh I get not being able to fill the spots... my issue is the 2 families that didn't pay are the 2 that were leaving end of December already & I haven't filled the spots yet... I barely make ends meet now because TN is one of the few places that didn't expand Obama care thru Social services. As such I pay out of pocket for everything and unless social services will help pay that 10,000 I now owe in Medical, I will have to file bankruptcy... I only grossed 24000 last year & this year isn't looking any better due to being down 2 kids for 3 months... my credit cards are maxed out too so that doesn't help things
Claraskids 08:44 AM 12-01-2017
I am closed today because I had a bad fall and ended up with my right arm in a sling. My doctor wanted me to close for two weeks - ummm, not!
Anyways, hubby was able to help me out yesterday but is back at work today. I am using these next three days to get use to having one arm and get the pain under control. When I informed parents at pick-up yesterday, all were very understanding except for one. Complained that I didn't give him enough notice and how were they suppose to find care for Friday. So not my problem! I reminded him that the local school was out today and a teen babysitter would be easy to find.
This is also my family that leaves their child here from open to close every day! I am very clear at interview that back up care is a necessity. They've just been very lucky that I've only taken one other sick day ever.
Thanks for letting me vent!
Blackcat31 08:59 AM 12-01-2017
Originally Posted by Claraskids:
I am closed today because I had a bad fall and ended up with my right arm in a sling. My doctor wanted me to close for two weeks - ummm, not!
Anyways, hubby was able to help me out yesterday but is back at work today. I am using these next three days to get use to having one arm and get the pain under control. When I informed parents at pick-up yesterday, all were very understanding except for one. Complained that I didn't give him enough notice and how were they suppose to find care for Friday. So not my problem! I reminded him that the local school was out today and a teen babysitter would be easy to find.
This is also my family that leaves their child here from open to close every day! I am very clear at interview that back up care is a necessity. They've just been very lucky that I've only taken one other sick day ever.
Thanks for letting me vent!
Hoping you are feeling better soon!

Don't let a jerky parent ruin your day.
amberrose3dg 10:05 AM 12-01-2017
Oh I get not being able to fill the spots... my issue is the 2 families that didn't pay are the 2 that were leaving end of December already & I haven't filled the spots yet... I barely make ends meet now because TN is one of the few places that didn't expand Obama care thru Social services. As such I pay out of pocket for everything and unless social services will help pay that 10,000 I now owe in Medical, I will have to file bankruptcy... I only grossed 24000 last year & this year isn't looking any better due to being down 2 kids for 3 months... my credit cards are maxed out too so that doesn't help things
I am so sorry you are going through all of that. Will these parents pay you or do you think they are gonna leave you high and dry?
I think that is the biggest problem with this job, parents!
I had a mom last week complain how Christmas is coming and her kids birthdays money was tight and she didn't know how she was gonna pay me since her kid was out sick a week. She was trying to get out of paying.
I myself have two openings and have not filled them. Honestly I haven't pushed it because I will be closed like 10 days in December/ January and do not want the stress of someone new complaining or trying to get out of paying for the time. I will try and push for new kids once the new year starts.
MomBoss 01:25 PM 12-01-2017
I just posted an ad on craiglist saying I have a daycare opening for a 2 or 3 year old.
I got a response from someone saying they saw my ad for childcare work and was wondering if the position is still open....i swear people dont read!
sharlan 02:22 PM 12-01-2017
What is the purpose of home health? Nothing I swear.

I took Mom to ER just before Thanksgiving. She had pneumonia and was in heart failure. They removed 1900ml of fluid one day and 900 a couple of days later. Yes, nearly 3 liters.

We brought her home Tuesday night. Sis was told at 2:30 she wouldn't be released that day. I get a call at 4:15 - your mom was discharged at 3. It took me 1 hr 15 mins to get there.

I go to pharmacy to pick up her meds. Two different prescriptions for same med, different strength. Go home check paperwork and go back to get the right one.

Rough night but we make it through.

Home health comes next day and inspects house for safety. Sis requests bedside commode and wheelchair as Mom doesn't have the strength to walk.

Yesterday she tells Sis should have been set up by hospital, but call Dr and ask for prescriptions for commode and wheelchair. She also had Sis call Dr to change Mom's meds. Dr said no. He's been her cardiologist for over 20 years - great doctor.

PT comes today after home health left and calls in order for commode and wheelchair.

Home health checks vitals, but that's it. After 3 visits, now she'll come once a week for 5 weeks.

Don't get me started on doctor's office. New doctor saw her in hospital, really like his bedside manner. He wants to see her in a week. Call office, no new patient appointments until JANUARY 14. Not really sure she will be alive then.

Thank God for my sister who flew home on Thanksgiving Day to take care of Mom.
Blackcat31 02:36 PM 12-01-2017
Originally Posted by sharlan:

I took Mom to ER just before Thanksgiving. She had pneumonia and was in heart failure. They removed 1900ml of fluid one day and 900 a couple of days later. Yes, nearly 3 liters.

We brought her home Tuesday night. Sis was told at 2:30 she wouldn't be released that day. I get a call at 4:15 - your mom was discharged at 3. It took me 1 hr 15 mins to get there.

I go to pharmacy to pick up her meds. Two different prescriptions for same med, different strength. Go home check paperwork and go back to get the right one.

Home health comes next day and inspects house for safety. Sis requests bedside commode and wheelchair as Mom doesn't have the strength to walk.

Yesterday she tells Sis should have been set up by hospital, but call Dr and ask for prescriptions for commode and wheelchair. She also had Sis call Dr to change Mom's meds. Dr said no. He's been her cardiologist for over 20 years - great doctor.

PT comes today after home health left and calls in order for commode and wheelchair.

Home health checks vitals, but that's it. After 3 visits, now she'll come once a week for 5 weeks.

Don't get me started on doctor's office. New doctor saw her in hospital, really like his bedside manner. He wants to see her in a week. Call office, no new patient appointments until JANUARY 14. Not really sure she will be alive then.

Aw, Sharlan
Josiegirl 02:39 PM 12-01-2017
Hugs Sharlan, I'm sorry you're going through all this. A mom having health issues is hard enough but add in all the complicated messes and bureaucracy that goes along with insurance and agencies, etc., it certainly doesn't help with your stress factor.
I hope for the best for your mom, you and your family.
MyAngels 02:44 PM 12-01-2017
Originally Posted by sharlan:

Just wanted to offer a virtual . I will keep you and your mom in my prayers.
Josiegirl 02:56 AM 12-02-2017
This deadbeat dcd is going to be the death of me.
And I hate to let the little boy go because of him; the dcb is sweet and mostly a good kid. The dcm is so nice and does whatever she can to accommodate so she doesn't lose her ds's spot but this dcd is an a-hole. I got something in the mail from the bank which I'm not exactly sure that I understand so I need to go in this a.m. anyways to clarify. But he wrote a check on his and his ex's account and it came back, their account is frozen.
He is the most irresponsible adult male I have ever come in contact with.
MelissaP 07:04 PM 12-02-2017
I have parents of a DCG that wont let me use cream on her VERY bad diaper rash. Says it's because it may get on her "lady bits". Really?!

This is also a 2.5 year old who can't unzip her own jack in any sort of way...

Grr.
Sweet pea 09:36 AM 12-03-2017
Originally Posted by MelissaP:
I have parents of a DCG that wont let me use cream on her VERY bad diaper rash. Says it's because it may get on her "lady bits". Really?!

Grr.
I’d have dcp sign a statement to say no barrier cream can be used. I would think leaving it is neglect and I would t want to be blamed in any way shape or form for it.
Leigh 12:03 PM 12-03-2017

Grr.
I'd just let DCM treat it her own way. AND, I would tell her that DCG can return to care when the rash is gone because you won't assume liability for it.
Sweet pea 01:20 AM 12-04-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I'd just let DCM treat it her own way. AND, I would tell her that DCG can return to care when the rash is gone because you won't assume liability for it.
Yes this is a much better idea than mine 😁
MelissaP 05:24 AM 12-04-2017
Wish I could. I work at a big box center and have no decision making authority. If it was up to me, I would tell mom and dad that she can't come back if she's got the rash and they wont allow cream. With all the hassle they are giving the center, I would have termed them a long time ago. I am looking forward to owning my own so I have some authority over these situations (there are many others also).
LysesKids 07:49 AM 12-04-2017
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
I am so sorry you are going through all of that. Will these parents pay you or do you think they are gonna leave you high and dry?
I think that is the biggest problem with this job, parents!
I had a mom last week complain how Christmas is coming and her kids birthdays money was tight and she didn't know how she was gonna pay me since her kid was out sick a week. She was trying to get out of paying.
I myself have two openings and have not filled them. Honestly I haven't pushed it because I will be closed like 10 days in December/ January and do not want the stress of someone new complaining or trying to get out of paying for the time. I will try and push for new kids once the new year starts.
One of the families just up & left... the other paid by pick up time, but little man ages out this month, so I'm still down a spot this month & 2 next month
LysesKids 07:52 AM 12-04-2017
THIS... sometimes the lady bits get the worst of the rashes depending on what's causing it
amberrose3dg 08:24 AM 12-04-2017
One of the families just up & left... the other paid by pick up time, but little man ages out this month, so I'm still down a spot this month & 2 next month
I am sorry a family stiffed you like that.I think that makes this job the hardest.Some days you can't help but feel used.
MomBoss 08:36 AM 12-04-2017
EVERYONE forgot to pay me today....EVERYONE. I am so broke right now. I am so tired of this. I need to change my policy to friday payments.
Blackcat31 08:41 AM 12-04-2017
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
EVERYONE forgot to pay me today....EVERYONE. I am so broke right now. I am so tired of this. I need to change my policy to friday payments.
Are all the kids in attendance?
Do you charge a late fee? A big one I hope...
Miss A 08:53 AM 12-04-2017
Before I had a baby, I was so on top of my monthly book keeping, I even had a perfect system all the way down to color coded expenditures.

Since having a baby (a year ago ) I suck at it. I am so behind! I haven't finished a full month of book keeping since August, but have been putting in an hour here, 2 hours there when DH is home long enough to keep DS occupied for me. I FINALLY have all my expenses broken down by category for the past 3 months, have Quick Books UTD, and almost have everything put into the spread sheet. Ugh, the business side of DC is stressful when you have a young family.
MomBoss 09:17 AM 12-04-2017
Are all the kids in attendance?
Do you charge a late fee? A big one I hope...
One is gone due to illness.
I do have a late fee but nobody remembers that there is one and act suprised when I mention it or give me their interpretation of what they thought it ment.
"Oh I thought if i told you he wasnt going to be here monday, that it would be ok to bring it tuesday."
amberrose3dg 09:29 AM 12-04-2017
So the kids are all there but 1 and no one paid you. Eek I would hit them all with late fees. When you enforce it they won't forget anymore.
MelissaP 11:53 AM 12-04-2017
THIS... sometimes the lady bits get the worst of the rashes depending on what's causing it
And that's the biggest problem. It her lady bits that get it the worst. The messaged me today to tell me that I now have to make sure to verbally tell them every time she has a rash down under and also every time we use the cream. This is getting to be too much. Just don't bring her when she has a rash lady!
storybookending 12:01 PM 12-04-2017
And that's the biggest problem. It her lady bits that get it the worst. The messaged me today to tell me that I now have to make sure to verbally tell them every time she has a rash down under and also every time we use the cream. This is getting to be too much. Just don't bring her when she has a rash lady!
So now you can use cream? How did they message you to tell you this? With problem families be sure to document anything and everything.
Blackcat31 01:03 PM 12-04-2017
I would absolutely deny care if she has a rash.

If you can't treat it, then you still have to deal with the child's discomfort and that isn't fair at all.
I would not allow them to dictate HOW you tell them anything. If she has a rash she can stay home.

I swear parents like making this job more difficult than necessary.

Have the parents by any chance explained exactly why they don't want to have cream or a barrier used? Other than not getting it in her lady parts? I'd suggest they speak with the child's pediatrician so they understand that it IS okay for them to use cream or a barrier for her without fearing for her lady parts.
LysesKids 01:11 PM 12-04-2017
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
I would have turned them away at the door unless you don't specify payment was due @ drop-off... let's hope they all pay at pick up or I wouldn't be offering care tomorrow. I get paid in full on the first of the month for the entire MONTH
Blackcat31 08:21 AM 12-05-2017
Originally Posted by storybookending:
55 degrees yesterday... -1 (with windchill) today..
I’m hoping it gets colder still...
the big snowstorm managed to drop a slight white dusting but that’s it.

Sunshine and warm temps in Dec is like a birthday party without the cakes and presents.
BumbleBee 08:28 AM 12-05-2017
1/2 of my kids are cranky and tired. The other 1/2 are bright eyed and bushy tailed. We're stuck inside due to the crazy wind outside. Oh and our snowman ornaments didn't work out due to peeling paint. I took a risk and used what we had instead of driving 45 min and getting acrylic. Lesson learned!
storybookending 08:38 AM 12-05-2017
I’m hoping it gets colder still...
the big snowstorm managed to drop a slight white dusting but that’s it.

Sunshine and warm temps in Dec is like a birthday party without the cakes and presents.
Yesterday was nice but it had rained all morning so it was mud city, we did manage to get out between afternoon showers for a nice 45 minute walk. We had thunder and lightning last night! Got a slight dusting this morning. Now just very cold due to winds. I’m not sure what they are at but we had warnings for gusts 35-45 mph. The neighbors Christmas decorations are all knocked down from last night. It’s looking like we’re inside for the week.
nanglgrl 10:41 AM 12-05-2017
1/2 of my kids are cranky and tired. The other 1/2 are bright eyed and bushy tailed. We're stuck inside due to the crazy wind outside. Oh and our snowman ornaments didn't work out due to peeling paint. I took a risk and used what we had instead of driving 45 min and getting acrylic. Lesson learned!
Could you paint over it with modge podge to stop the peeling?
We started Christmas photos today. The children all dress as elves and we have a “Santa’s workshop” background. No one ever misses a day except of course today I have one gone. Now I have to leave all the props and lighting up and do the group photo another day.
MelissaP 12:07 PM 12-05-2017
I would absolutely deny care if she has a rash.

If you can't treat it, then you still have to deal with the child's discomfort and that isn't fair at all.
I would not allow them to dictate HOW you tell them anything. If she has a rash she can stay home.

I swear parents like making this job more difficult than necessary.

Have the parents by any chance explained exactly why they don't want to have cream or a barrier used? Other than not getting it in her lady parts? I'd suggest they speak with the child's pediatrician so they understand that it IS okay for them to use cream or a barrier for her without fearing for her lady parts.
The parents have told me that it's because it irritates her (which I have never witnessed this) and that it's hard to get out of her lady parts (because the girl wont let them do it, they are forcing her to have it cleaned out). I have a feeling it's like when she needs her nose wiped, she screams and cries until you leave her be. She's 2 and talks perfect sentences so it's not like she doesn't understand what is going on.
MelissaP 12:09 PM 12-05-2017
So now you can use cream? How did they message you to tell you this? With problem families be sure to document anything and everything.
They message through an app that we have at work on an iPad. So everything is documented. At least from what I can understand about the app.
MelissaP 12:11 PM 12-05-2017
I would have turned them away at the door unless you don't specify payment was due @ drop-off... let's hope they all pay at pick up or I wouldn't be offering care tomorrow. I get paid in full on the first of the month for the entire MONTH
Do you ever have issues with parents paying a month ahead of time? How do you make that work?
storybookending 12:18 PM 12-05-2017
They message through an app that we have at work on an iPad. So everything is documented. At least from what I can understand about the app.
You would think it is all saved somehow. At least you have in writing that you can use the cream now. I would write down every time I needed to apply it and verbally tell them as well and document the time and parent you told. This just seems so silly to me. What parent wants their child to be in pain when something can be done to speed up the healing process.
MelissaP 05:33 AM 12-06-2017
You would think it is all saved somehow. At least you have in writing that you can use the cream now. I would write down every time I needed to apply it and verbally tell them as well and document the time and parent you told. This just seems so silly to me. What parent wants their child to be in pain when something can be done to speed up the healing process.
These parents are so wierd. I've never seen a child that had issues with cream and if there is an issue, you should probably figure out why. I guess it's the back and fourth that bothers me the most. Either let me use it or don't. I don't want to see your kid in pain but I also don't want to be pushed around when it comes to using it on her. It drives me insane.
There was another instance with these parents where the little girl was telling them that a specific child was hitting her. This kid never hit her. They believed her. Which is fine, whatever. I get it, but come on.. she's two. They also tried potty training her after she had used the toilet 2 times in one day. It was straight to potty training.. are you kidding me. Thankfully, they realized that she wasn't ready and backed off about 2 weeks later (and during the two weeks, she was in pull ups).
I'm in the process of trying to get my home licensed for in-home. There's honestly only one child that I will actually miss when I leave. His family is great and he is great. I wish I could take him with me when I leave my current job. Really, there's a few kids but there's this one kid that man, he's such a heart puller.

LysesKids 09:12 AM 12-06-2017
This deadbeat dcd is going to be the death of me.
And I hate to let the little boy go because of him; the dcb is sweet and mostly a good kid. The dcm is so nice and does whatever she can to accommodate so she doesn't lose her ds's spot but this dcd is an a-hole. I got something in the mail from the bank which I'm not exactly sure that I understand so I need to go in this a.m. anyways to clarify. But he wrote a check on his and his ex's account and it came back, their account is frozen.
He is the most irresponsible adult male I have ever come in contact with.
If it's frozen there is a good chance it was done because they had a legal issues; taxes/divorce or similar (I use to serve such paperwork to banks); you won't get the bank to cash the check & I would require cash only from now on
Josiegirl 02:05 AM 12-07-2017
If it's frozen there is a good chance it was done because they had a legal issues; taxes/divorce or similar (I use to serve such paperwork to banks); you won't get the bank to cash the check & I would require cash only from now on
I talked with dcm yesterday and she said if he doesn't pay up by tomorrow, she will pay me and she'll have to take him back to court. He is now up to 398. He picks up today so we'll see how late he is
I trust that she will come through. I know everybody is probably thinking terminate but sometimes it isn't that easy. We're going to work this out to where she will pay and end up picking dcb up too.
Blackcat31 06:45 AM 12-07-2017
I talked with dcm yesterday and she said if he doesn't pay up by tomorrow, she will pay me and she'll have to take him back to court. He is now up to 398. He picks up today so we'll see how late he is
I trust that she will come through. I know everybody is probably thinking terminate but sometimes it isn't that easy. We're going to work this out to where she will pay and end up picking dcb up too.
I am definitely NOT thinking terminate but I am wondering why you aren't simply backing out of this all together and having a contract agreement with MOM ONLY and leaving DCD out of anything to do with you/payment etc?

You said something in a previous post about DCM and I immediately thought she (DCM) is enabling him completely and you are the one that suffers for that so I don't think DCM is as "nice" as you think she is... I mean, yes...she might be the sweetest kindest, nicest person on the planet but you are getting screwed over by HER ex and she knows it and yet doesn't really do anything other than apologize to you about it...(he gets the cake and eats it too and DCM is serving it!)

I would remove myself from the entire situation of payment. Have ONE contract and ONE payer (DCM). DCD can pick up, drop off etc as that is his right as a parent but any payment for services, late fees and fees for unpaid late fees fall on DCM. Then SHE can collect from DCD herself.

They need to learn to work together as they are going to co-parent far beyond using daycare services so figuring that out now would benefit them as well as THEIR child.

DCM is nice and apologetic and appeasing now because you are taking on HER issue. That's not really all that nice (of her) in my honest opinion. If I were her, Id be mortified and would have immediately offered to be the sole payer so that my provider didn't go without or have to stress about something that doesn't involve her.

I've said it before...you are one of the most caring and loving providers I've had the pleasure of knowing and while I admire that, it makes me feel bad sometimes because your kindness is often taken advantage and that's not fair or right.
Kimskiddos 08:11 AM 12-07-2017
55 degrees yesterday... -1 (with windchill) today..
80 degrees day before yesterday, 30s yesterday, oh and wet and windy. These huge temp swings are wild!
Mom2Two 12:20 PM 12-07-2017
I was about to complain about the cold I've had for the past week...but then I read through the previous page of posts, and I realized that I don't really have much to complain about.

Hugs to everyone!
Play Care 12:23 PM 12-07-2017
Day care boy got into mom's mascara. He looks like Alice Cooper. He's previously gotten into her nail polish.
At some point she needs to learn to lock her crap up/put it out of reach.
This is the same mom who tried to stay for 40+ minutes because dcboy wouldn't "let" her leave. The other day he didn't want to leave my house and I noticed she didn't seem to want to hang around then... Funny how that works.
storybookending 12:38 PM 12-07-2017
Non daycare related vent...

Grandparents who at the ages of 68 and 79 decide they are filing for divorce.. I mean really? Happy Holidays I guess?
Josiegirl 02:40 PM 12-07-2017
I am definitely NOT thinking terminate but I am wondering why you aren't simply backing out of this all together and having a contract agreement with MOM ONLY and leaving DCD out of anything to do with you/payment etc?

You said something in a previous post about DCM and I immediately thought she (DCM) is enabling him completely and you are the one that suffers for that so I don't think DCM is as "nice" as you think she is... I mean, yes...she might be the sweetest kindest, nicest person on the planet but you are getting screwed over by HER ex and she knows it and yet doesn't really do anything other than apologize to you about it...(he gets the cake and eats it too and DCM is serving it!)

I would remove myself from the entire situation of payment. Have ONE contract and ONE payer (DCM). DCD can pick up, drop off etc as that is his right as a parent but any payment for services, late fees and fees for unpaid late fees fall on DCM. Then SHE can collect from DCD herself.

They need to learn to work together as they are going to co-parent far beyond using daycare services so figuring that out now would benefit them as well as THEIR child.

DCM is nice and apologetic and appeasing now because you are taking on HER issue. That's not really all that nice (of her) in my honest opinion. If I were her, Id be mortified and would have immediately offered to be the sole payer so that my provider didn't go without or have to stress about something that doesn't involve her.

I've said it before...you are one of the most caring and loving providers I've had the pleasure of knowing and while I admire that, it makes me feel bad sometimes because your kindness is often taken advantage and that's not fair or right.
She came to pick up dcb today instead of dcd. She is going to start paying me herself and collecting from dcd. We've agreed on that this week. And she may end up picking up dcb every day too. So it will all work out. Just angry that he's being such an a-hole about it all and still not being the responsible dad he should be. But you're right BC, that isn't my problem and is hers to work out.
Blackcat31 03:03 PM 12-07-2017
She came to pick up dcb today instead of dcd. She is going to start paying me herself and collecting from dcd. We've agreed on that this week. And she may end up picking up dcb every day too. So it will all work out. Just angry that he's being such an a-hole about it all and still not being the responsible dad he should be. But you're right BC, that isn't my problem and is hers to work out.
yay!

Cat Herder 06:39 AM 12-11-2017
When all three dogs have hair raised and are growling at the door, but no one is there. Yes, that feels awesome.
Josiegirl 09:50 AM 12-11-2017
When all three dogs have hair raised and are growling at the door, but no one is there. Yes, that feels awesome.
Wow, did you find out why?? That could spook a person out.
But if it were my dogs, squirrels would be the answer. They go nutso over squirrels. In fact, just to drive my dogs even more insane, I had the dcks sprinkle peanuts in the shell all over the front lawn this a.m.

Hope you can figure out what it was?
Cat Herder 10:28 AM 12-11-2017
Wow, did you find out why?? That could spook a person out.
But if it were my dogs, squirrels would be the answer. They go nutso over squirrels. In fact, just to drive my dogs even more insane, I had the dcks sprinkle peanuts in the shell all over the front lawn this a.m.

Hope you can figure out what it was?
Too funny.

I told myself it was a squirrel and went on with my life. It worked out well for me. Nothing showed on all 6 screens.

It may have been a skunk as there was a faint smell when I took the dogs out. Anything other than an uninvited human works for me.

Typically the oldest (14) is not up for the excited door threats and ignores wildlife, that was what made me more nervous than anything.
daycarediva 11:09 AM 12-11-2017
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Day care boy got into mom's mascara. He looks like Alice Cooper. He's previously gotten into her nail polish.
At some point she needs to learn to lock her crap up/put it out of reach.
This is the same mom who tried to stay for 40+ minutes because dcboy wouldn't "let" her leave. The other day he didn't want to leave my house and I noticed she didn't seem to want to hang around then... Funny how that works.
MY dcb has gotten into his Dad's shaving kit TWICE now. The first time he cut his finger, this time, his chin.

WTH lock up your crap!
Annalee 11:12 AM 12-11-2017
MY dcb has gotten into his Dad's shaving kit TWICE now. The first time he cut his finger, this time, his chin.

WTH lock up your crap!
I have a dcb2 that has half an eyebrow right now due to a razor
daycarediva 11:18 AM 12-11-2017
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I have a dcb2 that has half an eyebrow right now due to a razor
Did your dcp's laugh about it? I would be appalled.

I have had dck's cut each other's hair, their own hair, get into /paint themselves with nail polish, eat jello shots, cut themselves with knives, razors, find sex toys, one even gave himself a massage with a vibrator, color themselves head to toe with paint, markers, get out of the house and walk to the neighbors, throw up and the parent didn't 'find it' until the next day, etc etc.

AREN'T YOU WATCHING YOUR KIDS!?!

Parents find it HILARIOUS, too. I stand there like
Annalee 11:19 AM 12-11-2017
Did your dcp's laugh about it? I would be appalled.

I have had dck's cut each other's hair, their own hair, get into /paint themselves with nail polish, eat jello shots, cut themselves with knives, razors, find sex toys, one even gave himself a massage with a vibrator, color themselves head to toe with paint, markers, get out of the house and walk to the neighbors, throw up and the parent didn't 'find it' until the next day, etc etc.

AREN'T YOU WATCHING YOUR KIDS!?!

Parents find it HILARIOUS, too. I stand there like
Yes they did laugh I told them that razor was too close to his eye and they ought to be thankful this wasn't much worse. What mom leaves her razor in bathroom for a two year old to find and play with.....either that or "watch your kids"
storybookending 11:26 AM 12-11-2017
I have a current dck that had to get a haircut because her brother cut her hair a few weeks ago. One of my nieces cut her hair on 3 different occasions.. I told my sister to watch her damn kids
Snowmom 12:49 PM 12-11-2017
Happy Monday.

DCG(3) threw up all over m bathroom. She looked off this morning, I should have trusted my gut.
She tells me she threw up at her friends house in the garbage can yesterday too.

DCM picks up and says "well at least it was in the bathroom".

Yeah, slimy, stinky, mucous filled puke is much more awesome to clean up off my walls and floors.
I gagged 10x before it was done. Thanks so much for sharing.
Josiegirl 02:26 AM 12-12-2017
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Happy Monday.

DCG(3) threw up all over m bathroom. She looked off this morning, I should have trusted my gut.
She tells me she threw up at her friends house in the garbage can yesterday too.

DCM picks up and says "well at least it was in the bathroom".

Yeah, slimy, stinky, mucous filled puke is much more awesome to clean up off my walls and floors.
I gagged 10x before it was done. Thanks so much for sharing.
Ooh 3 strikes dcm, and that was 1!! I'd be so pi$$ed. Thanks for sharing the pukey germs knowingly!
midaycare 05:21 AM 12-12-2017
Sitting here with a raging sinus infection because dcm kept insisting "allergies". Dcgs nose had been running nonstop for 3 weeks. And now all the other kids have it and are miserable. I've been sick since Friday and it's getting worse, not better.

Best part? Dcm doesn't work.
BumbleBee 05:23 AM 12-12-2017
Snow day. Was supposed to have 7 kids. Now I'll have 4 kids, and it's not the 4 I want to deal with all day. 3 dck's with behavior challenges and a feisty 2 year old.

And every single parent asked if their kid would need snow gear today.
Unregistered 05:35 AM 12-12-2017
Just had a dcm tell me that she thinks I'm napping dcb too much. She says he really only needs to be taking one, 45 minute nap during the 10.5 hrs he spends here each day. Her son is all of 6 months old. Sure. That sounds like a great plan.
amberrose3dg 05:46 AM 12-12-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Just had a dcm tell me that she thinks I'm napping dcb too much. She says he really only needs to be taking one, 45 minute nap during the 10.5 hrs he spends here each day. Her son is all of 6 months old. Sure. That sounds like a great plan.
uh yeah that is a nope
Play Care 06:55 AM 12-12-2017
I do not really do SA care, and this year the 2 siblings of my FT preschooler stopped coming daily. Today the school had a snow day and DCD was trying to suss out if I'd take the SA boys too.
Um, No and No.
It was one thing to do occasionally when you were paying for daily spots for them. But I'm not having a rough day with bored SA kids that I don't see a regular paycheck from.
LysesKids 07:35 AM 12-12-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Nope... babes that age nap on their own time here. They eventually get on a 2times a day nap watching what my older babes do, but I won't not nap a baby.
storybookending 08:51 AM 12-12-2017
Not really a vent but a dumb dumb moment on my part. I always do a group picture in December and I thought I’d be on the ball and get it done early this year. (Last years picture is dated Dec 21st). I got it today. Perfect picture. All 6 kids are looking at the camera. Most are even smiling. I sent it to my mom all proud that I did it myself and she texts back “where is ********’s sock?!?” Yup didn’t even notice one of my kids only had one sock on. I mean it’s fine but man it’s seriously the perfect picture of all of them!! I might try again after lunch if no one has any spills. Otherwise my sub is coming over just to visit with the kids on Friday and we will take it then... but with my luck someone will be out sick Friday.
Leigh 09:52 AM 12-12-2017
Not really a vent but a dumb dumb moment on my part. I always do a group picture in December and I thought I’d be on the ball and get it done early this year. (Last years picture is dated Dec 21st). I got it today. Perfect picture. All 6 kids are looking at the camera. Most are even smiling. I sent it to my mom all proud that I did it myself and she texts back “where is ********’s sock?!?” Yup didn’t even notice one of my kids only had one sock on. I mean it’s fine but man it’s seriously the perfect picture of all of them!! I might try again after lunch if no one has any spills. Otherwise my sub is coming over just to visit with the kids on Friday and we will take it then... but with my luck someone will be out sick Friday.
Just crop that picture so none of their feet are showing!
storybookending 10:11 AM 12-12-2017
Just crop that picture so none of their feet are showing!
Tried but the way I have them sitting on my couch it didn’t look right. We retook the picture after lunch. It’ll do haha
Blackcat31 10:23 AM 12-12-2017
I'd leave it too!

When my son was younger he always had a paci in his mouth.

We went for Christmas photos once and the photographer spent a TON of time trying to get a good shot by grabbing his paci out of his mouth swiftly with no success. Finally I told her to just leave it...that's "who" he is at this particular time in life.

Looking back now, I am glad.
It's an accurate portrayal of him of that time period.
storybookending 10:27 AM 12-12-2017
I'd leave it too!

When my son was younger he always had a paci in his mouth.

We went for Christmas photos once and the photographer spent a TON of time trying to get a good shot by grabbing his paci out of his mouth swiftly with no success. Finally I told her to just leave it...that's "who" he is at this particular time in life.

Looking back now, I am glad.
It's an accurate portrayal of him of that time period.
I thought of that as well! This kid ALWAYS takes off one sock.. just the one. Other parents have commented at pick up when they see it as I don’t spend all day putting socks back on babies that take them off. Mom knows exactly where I set the other sock if she comes in a little early and I haven’t had time to put it back on. It’s his signature look.

I put my pic back to back with last years pic as 4/6 of my kiddos are the same and they are so much bigger this year!!
amberrose3dg 06:39 AM 12-13-2017
When you answer like 10 calls a day for infant care and people ask for special or discounts and then are shocked that you have no infant spots and still try to negotiate.

Someone seriously called and ask for infant spots and rates. I told her my rates and said it was a least a year waiting on a spot. She then says what about if i bring my 3 year old do i get a discount? You are bringing me two kids that are just as much work and that I have to feed. You seriously think you get a discount for that? How about I charge you a convenience fee since you only have to do one drop off in the morning instead of going two places
My husband said what is this discount double check, this isn't state farm where you bundle your children.
Annalee 07:22 AM 12-13-2017
When you answer like 10 calls a day for infant care and people ask for special or discounts and then are shocked that you have no infant spots and still try to negotiate.

Someone seriously called and ask for infant spots and rates. I told her my rates and said it was a least a year waiting on a spot. She then says what about if i bring my 3 year old do i get a discount? You are bringing me two kids that are just as much work and that I have to feed. You seriously think you get a discount for that? How about I charge you a convenience fee since you only have to do one drop off in the morning instead of going two places
My husband said what is this discount double check, this isn't state farm where you bundle your children.
like they want a buy one get one free deal
Play Care 07:32 AM 12-13-2017
We are waiting to go outside due to cold temps/wind chill (it's single digit temp with wind chill making it feel close to 0) My 3 yo day care boy has been walking by me pouting. We did a couple of large motor activities and he would pretend to fall and hurt himself.

I get it Dude, you really want to go outside!
amberrose3dg 07:33 AM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by Annalee:
like they want a buy one get one free deal
I think they do. Infant spots are a hot commodity especially right now. I seriously get anywhere from 5 to 10 calls a day for them. Sorry you waited until you were ready to go back to work to find care for your infant. You are going to find it near impossible to find care and surely not for a discount.
Blackcat31 07:49 AM 12-13-2017
I think they do. Infant spots are a hot commodity especially right now. I seriously get anywhere from 5 to 10 calls a day for them. Sorry you waited until you were ready to go back to work to find care for your infant. You are going to find it near impossible to find care and surely not for a discount.
I get daily calls for infants too. Most of mine though are for care needed a year out...

Like they just left the bathroom after a positive Clear Blue Easy and immediately pick up the phone and start looking for care...

I understand being prepared and I understand there is a shortage of care for infants and toddlers but I can't really make any type of commitment that far out and I know there isn't anyone that wants to pay to hold a spot that long.

The flip side is families searching for care on a varying basis or only wanting to pay for the days they use and nothing more....then they get mad when you say they can enroll but have to pay a full time rate no matter how many days you use/don't use.

The only perk I give is that infants born into current families or infants that have an older sibling get first dibs on infant/toddler spaces.
amberrose3dg 07:56 AM 12-13-2017
I get daily calls for infants too. Most of mine though are for care needed a year out...

Like they just left the bathroom after a positive Clear Blue Easy and immediately pick up the phone and start looking for care...

I understand being prepared and I understand there is a shortage of care for infants and toddlers but I can't really make any type of commitment that far out and I know isn't anyone that wants to pay to hold a spot that long.

The flip side is families searching for care on a varying basis or only wanting to pay for the days they use and nothing more....then they get mad when you say they can enroll but have to pay a full time rate no matter how many days you use/don't use.

The only perk I give is that infants born into current families or infants that have an older sibling get first dibs on infant/toddler spaces.
Same here. I prefer not to take new families with infants but have in the past. I been getting a ton of calls for babies that are 8 to 12 weeks and need care like today.
No idea why they wait that long but good luck finding space. I do not entertain discounts especially on infants.If I had an infant opening it would most likely be filled immediately with the calls I have been getting.It is annoying getting those calls like you are state farm or something.
Miss A 08:12 AM 12-14-2017
DS has a mild fever but it isn't at the point where I would exclude. He is also digging in his ears like crazy, but has tubes so we are giving his antibiotic ear drops. He also has a tooth coming though. I have done all I can for him, but he is a BEAR! He has screamed and woken everyone from their AM nap, will not lay down, and is making me miserable because he is miserable. Why is today not Friday?!?
amberrose3dg 08:33 AM 12-14-2017
Originally Posted by Miss A:
DS has a mild fever but it isn't at the point where I would exclude. He is also digging in his ears like crazy, but has tubes so we are giving his antibiotic ear drops. He also has a tooth coming though. I have done all I can for him, but he is a BEAR! He has screamed and woken everyone from their AM nap, will not lay down, and is making me miserable because he is miserable. Why is today not Friday?!?
I hear you. We had a 2 hour delay this morning for an inch of snow. I had all my crazy before school kids with my babies and toddlers. It was not a pleasant morning.
HappyEverAfter 08:46 AM 12-14-2017
My screamer dck is about to make me scream. How in the world does a 6 month old throw such awful fits when he doesn’t get his way? Never in my life have I known any child to act like this child acts. He gets fixated on what he wants and can’t let it go or calm down until he gets it. I’m seriously going to lose my mind if he doesn’t grow out of this phase really soon!
Miss A 09:43 AM 12-14-2017
Originally Posted by HappyEverAfter:
My screamer dck is about to make me scream. How in the world does a 6 month old throw such awful fits when he doesn’t get his way? Never in my life have I known any child to act like this child acts. He gets fixated on what he wants and can’t let it go or calm down until he gets it. I’m seriously going to lose my mind if he doesn’t grow out of this phase really soon!
My DS was born "strong willed". He by far is the worst baby I have ever cared for, and often times acted like you described. If I am being 100% honest, at 14 months he still does. I have often told my DH that is DS went to any other daycare he would be kicked out fast.

yo you, it is do hard to have one like that!
CityGarden 10:22 AM 12-14-2017

storybookending 10:22 AM 12-14-2017
My niece was like this as young as 6 months! Blood curddling scream, face gets so red, instant tears and puffy eyes. She’s 1 next week and still does it but not as frequent. She comes to my daycare as a drop in once every 6-8 weeks I would estimate, whenever her daycare is closed which is usually when school is out so I have openings. She was here the day before thanksgiving and it was awful. I told myself the next time mom asked if I had room that I was going to be full, even if I wasn’t. She came on a very last minute change last Friday as I had one out sick and she was actually great the entire day.. I was shocked.
CityGarden 10:23 AM 12-14-2017
All I can offer is a sadly I have a dcb who is 3 he must have been the way your 6 month old is when he was an infant because he is still displaying the same fits when he does not get his way and it's crazy.
Jupadia 10:32 AM 12-14-2017
Just say NO yourself parents.

I do allow outside toys brought in under the condition toy is shared and if broken will not be replaced. But I can have a say if a toy can stay.

This mom just will not say no herself first it was unblowen latex ballons and today it was a chocolate advent calendar. Both her 3 year old brought in. Yes mom I think it's a great idea to let your 3 year play with chocolate and ballons, so not an issue. You only have a 1 year old in care to that could choke on ballons. But there last day is next week.
Play Care 11:19 AM 12-14-2017
I just found out that a provider in my town isn't licensed anymore, but I know she still watches a bunch of kids.
So irritating because she's a "yes" provider to parents (ie: basically doing whatever they want) so that's how she keeps kids.
HappyEverAfter 12:56 PM 12-14-2017
Can you vent about the same kid twice in one day? My screamer threw another round of fits this afternoon, made my others cry, I finally got him to sleep and now I am crying because this kid has frazzled me to the point of tears. I don’t want to have to term him but if this keeps up, I may have to do that. But of course as I sit here in tears all I can think is what am I not doing right? What needs does he have that I’m not meeting that’s causing this behavior? I am so, so frustrated.
Blackcat31 12:58 PM 12-14-2017
Originally Posted by Jupadia:
Just say NO yourself parents.

I do allow outside toys brought in under the condition toy is shared and if broken will not be replaced. But I can have a say if a toy can stay.

This mom just will not say no herself first it was unblowen latex ballons and today it was a chocolate advent calendar. Both her 3 year old brought in. Yes mom I think it's a great idea to let your 3 year play with chocolate and ballons, so not an issue. You only have a 1 year old in care to that could choke on ballons. But there last day is next week.
I have what I call the “Hotel California” rule for toys brought from home.
They can check in but they can never leave.

And yes I really do keep them
happymom 03:57 PM 12-14-2017
I have what I call the “Hotel California” rule for toys brought from home.
They can check in but they can never leave.

And yes I really do keep them

Tags:social media, vent
First ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50  ... Last
Reply Up