Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tax Letter Help
juliebug 07:59 PM 02-01-2011
so i had a previous client ask for tax info, the only problem is the state paid for there care so they don't get a receipt and the state sent me a 1099 form already how do i tell this family they can't claim the money the state paid.
Thanks!
laundrymom 03:08 AM 02-02-2011
Originally Posted by juliebug:
so i had a previous client ask for tax info, the only problem is the state paid for there care so they don't get a receipt and the state sent me a 1099 form already how do i tell this family they can't claim the money the state paid.
Thanks!
I'd give them a reciept for the money they paid. Even if it was 0.
Mrs.Ky 04:33 AM 02-02-2011
Inform them the state paid their care and you get a 1099 form from the state to claim as income UNLESS they paid a co pay then they need a statement and can claim it. Sounds like to me they are trying to get a bigger refund hope they dont have your SS number or EIN number.
heyhun77 08:27 AM 02-02-2011
I give them a receipt that states how much they paid even if it is zero. That way you have covered your butt when they try to claim they paid childcare fees. I'd make sure that you have them sign the statement so you can pull it out later when you get audited because of their trying to claim fees paid.
Little People 08:57 AM 02-02-2011
Originally Posted by juliebug:
Thanks!
I would give them one with the amount written on the top $0.00 and a place for them to sign under the amount and I would NOT give them my EIN number. In that section I would write N/A as all payments was made by ***. This way she can't decide to use your EIN number next year.
Tags:1099, taxes
Reply Up