Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Backbone Update
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 06:52 AM 04-30-2010
ok, so today is payday and shock and awe!!! the boy is "sick". I got a text saying they wouldnt be here today and that she would be here this afternoon or in the morning to pay me,... I sent a 6 page text telling her that I hoped he was better,.. that I expected her today or by 830 am tomorrow with the money or I was charging her late fees, ETC,.... so she calls

well,..

Hello,.. Hi Jill,.. Its me,... do you have time to talk?

we broke up and Im living at my moms and Im doing it by myself. So *boy* hasnt seen 'c' -his dad- for 3 days because we broke up , and I just am not used to doing this by myself,... so I get my check today and Im going to give 'c' the money when we meet to exchange boy today so 'c' will be by to pay you. Yesterday 'c', looked so bad his eyes red and his face swollen, I almost didnt know it was him, from allergies so Im guessing that boy has them too so thats why he has a fever. THIS IS WHEN I ALMOST SAID<>> HUH!?!?!?! OUTLOUD*** you just told me that boy hadnt seen dad in 3 days but in the next breath said dad looked so bad from allergies****

so she goes on to say that she is sorry,.. and she hopes I understand,...

I cut her off,... told her that I understand but that it isnt fair to the other parents who pay ontime, even when it means their other bills get behind,.. They still make sure I get paid. So I expect payment by tomorrow morning at 830 or I start charging fees.

She assured me that she would pay.

I hung up and immediately called the referral service,.. told them I was terming a client and would have an opening.
emosks 06:58 AM 04-30-2010
Ugh! Good for you though! You are right...it IS NOT fair to anyone!!
MarinaVanessa 07:11 AM 04-30-2010
Looks to me like not only did you find your backbone but its growing!

Good for you. I think it's great that you are doing something for yourself. Letting the family go will give you lots of piece of mind in the end. And your are right. It's not fair to anyone especially you. If you keep letting them pay you late other parents might say "Well you let **** pay late, how 'bout cutting me a break". And what about your bills? Don't you have bills to pay so that you can offer a safe place for DC kids with running water, gas and electricity??? I hope you fill the spot soon. Will you give the family immediate notice or will you try to fill the spot first then give notice?
tymaboy 08:13 AM 04-30-2010
Good for you! The biggest thing it is not fair to you & her excepecting you to wait for your paycheck & get behind on your bills cuz of her.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 08:22 AM 04-30-2010
I know! my bills are going crazy, especially right now, I have a son who is graduating in 4 weeks, and my husband has spine surgery a week ago and isnt getting a check. and I told her,.. What am I supposed to do if another parent finds out Im giving you a break? They will want the same thing,.. she is like,.. I know Im so sorry,... I understand,....

so I talked with dh,... he is in agreement with my decision. I will interview the other clients and when I find a replacement Ill let them know that they can start in 2 weeks, worst case scenario~ the trouble mom will be caught up and Ill have to have them both. I have one slot I can play around with as soon as school is out. (3 weeks) Its only a matter of time until she is behind again and Ill term on the spot.
MarinaVanessa 09:24 AM 04-30-2010
Well you could always just term them even if they are caught up. I'd interview families to fill their spot and do like you said, tell them they can start in two-weeks then the same day give the other family their two-week notice. But that's just me and of course it depends on whether you find a family to fill the spot fast enough.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 02:27 PM 04-30-2010
and guess whos check wouldnt clear the bank!?!?!?!?! ugh. she brought some cash and a check and I called her bank,.. it didnt clear,.. so yes,.. Im done with excuses and replacing them asap.
Tags:backbone, payment
Reply Up