Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nap Supplies-Ugh
newtodaycare22 09:11 AM 03-31-2011
I bought vinyal nap mats when I opened in August. Probably 5 of the 8 are now torn, and the kids really aren't rough with them. They just get folded and unfolded every day. Any advice for good nap mats/cots (preferably affordable)

Also, if your kids bring sheets for their mats do you take them off each day? I do and it can be a pain. I wonder if I should just fold up the mats with the sheets on (if that's functionally possible lol)

Thanks!
daysofelijah 09:23 AM 03-31-2011
We use sheets on the vinyl mats and just fold them up with the sheet on. I take them off and wash them every week or so. They do tear easily, but I usually have them last a couple years or so. I buy a couple new ones each fall.
cheerfuldom 09:41 AM 03-31-2011
what about mats and then let the kids bring their own sleeping bags? great for sheet and blanket purposes.
jessrlee 11:13 AM 03-31-2011
discount school supply has 4 nap cots for $80 and a 15% off sale going until april 4th. I am ordering them on friday! I am so done with nap mats!
mac60 11:48 AM 03-31-2011
I make my own nap mats and they last much much longer than the ones that can be purchased at WalMart/Target.
dEHmom 01:51 PM 03-31-2011
how do you make them?
Hunni Bee 04:22 PM 03-31-2011
We used to use cots in my center...We just stacked them on top of each other with the sheet and blanket folded in the center after naptime. Unfortunately we only have a set of ten preschool-size cots, so when in enrollment went up, we had to switch to the mats... plus the cots take up a lot more room than mats

The covers slide off, the KIDS slide off, they rip from the folding and weekly bleaching, and you put the covers on and take them off every day for every kid (I let them do it).

Cots > Mats
treehugger82 04:25 PM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by jessrlee:
discount school supply has 4 nap cots for $80 and a 15% off sale going until april 4th. I am ordering them on friday! I am so done with nap mats!
Score! I am getting these! Thanks!!
missnikki 04:26 PM 03-31-2011
I agree about the cots. Regular cribsheets work on them, and they stack when not in use. They are very durable and can be cleaned easily.

Here's a link:
http://www.daycarefurnituredirect.co...age/929405.htm

When I work with littles, we have a giant clear bag labeled with kids name (cots are labeled too) and the stuff goes in the bag everyday in the middle of the cot after nap. So it's like cot/bag/cot/bag/cot.....all labeled and that way no one's stuff touches another's. The bag's contents go home on Friday with the kid.
DCMom 08:11 AM 04-01-2011
Personally, I love my hanging nap mats. The sheets tie on so they don't come off during use, but easy to take off on Fridays to wash them. easy to disinfect and up on the wall so they don't take up floor space. They are expensive, but I have had them for about 10 years now.

http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/...&Brand=&Price=
AnythingsPossible 11:18 AM 04-01-2011
I purchased a set of 6 nap cots of ebay a few weeks ago. We had always just used fabric on the floor for their spots. They LOVE their new cots! My one calls it, sleeping on a cloud! If you can afford it and have the space, i definitely recommend the cots. For their sheets and blankets, I store those in the XL ziploc bags and hang them in our front closet.
boysx5 11:24 AM 04-01-2011
walmart has cots now for 25.00 dollars a piece going to check them out this weekend after three years this week two of my mats are ripping
MN Day Mom 11:39 AM 04-01-2011
I've been looking in to getting cots as we are remodeling my day space... currently the kids all have sleeping bags.... kids sized sleeping bags and that has worked wonderfully for me for 16 years!
missnikki 03:00 PM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by boysx5:
walmart has cots now for 25.00 dollars a piece going to check them out this weekend after three years this week two of my mats are ripping
check out that websites above...those are 6 for $125-ish.
PitterPatter 04:29 PM 04-01-2011
I use those flip out sofas they unfold into little beds. The covers have a zipper and can be removed for washing. I just throw mine in the washer. Walmart has them for $35 now.
Tags:nap, nap - supplies, supplies
Reply Up