Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Today Is My Last Day Of Daycare!
momma4many 07:10 AM 09-02-2011
And it's bittersweet. Everything happened really fast. Two of my kids dropped (same family) due to one parent losing their job, another is moving out of state, the other were state pay and lost their assistance....all in the past month. I just can't afford to financially "hang in there" any longer. We are so behind on our bills from families coming and going, not paying, etc. that I had little choice but to close. Thankfully, I had three job offers within a week of sending out my resume. I didn't realize how nerve wracking it would be to interview again and thinking about what to wear to work every day will be interesting too!

I wanted to thank you all for the support this forum lent me. It definately got me through some ROUGH times, kept me company and entertained me!

Good luck to you all in the future!
Blackcat31 07:23 AM 09-02-2011
Congratulations on your new venture in life away from home! and yet sooo sorry to see you go! Daycare is a hard business to stay in when it is so dependent on so many outside forces.

It is hard to be the loving, nurturing, understanding person that led us to want to be providers in the first place and yet still be the hard a** that runs the business with an iron fist.

I wish you loads of luck in the future and hope you will atleast stop in now and then and share with us what life is like on the outside!
pixsydust 07:37 AM 09-02-2011
I wish you lots of luck and good fortune in your new job. I'm always sad to see another daycare provider close up shop, but you are onto bigger and brighter things.
beachgrl 07:54 AM 09-02-2011
Good luck in your new job, I am hoping that I won't have to do the same thing due to not having enough kiddos yet but I can only hang in for another month or so before having to go out and get a different job...hope you enjoy your new job and are successful at what you do!
Sugar Magnolia 09:54 AM 09-02-2011
Best wishes on your job. I am sorry you lost your clients through no fault of your own. I had a very rough summer and was dangerously close to the F word. (Forclosure). I feel for you. But at least you have a job lined up, so there's light at the end of the tunnel.
Reply Up