Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
1 2 
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Much "Break" Time Do You Get During The Day?
SunshineMama 11:55 AM 03-26-2012
Obviously we never get a "real" break because we are on call 100% of the time.... but...

How long of a break do you get when the kids are napping? Meaning, ALL of the kids are asleep at the same time and you actually have the opportunity to sit down for 5 minutes?

I am just curious what others get.

(My "breaks" range from 0 to the rare 1.5 hours, depending on how much clean up I have to do, and when the babies are asleep).
Soupyszoo 11:57 AM 03-26-2012
Mine is the same! 0-1.5-2 hours. It all depends on the alignment of the planets and stars
dEHmom 11:58 AM 03-26-2012
for me it ranges between 30 mins to 3.5 hrs. but usually am so busy that i don't even get to sit for more than a sip or 2 of coffee.
momma2girls 12:00 PM 03-26-2012
mine is about 1/2 an hr.- 2 hrs.. during the entire day. The 2 hrs. isn't a full break though, usually something happens in those 2 hrs.
AfterSchoolMom 12:04 PM 03-26-2012
I usually get 1.5 hours in the AM and an hour in the PM (yay for napping 7 month olds!). However, I'm usually very busy with other things then and I really have to make myself sit down for a few minutes, rest, and eat in the afternoon.
Blackcat31 12:30 PM 03-26-2012
My kids all nap/rest for 2 hours.

As for a break in the day

That comes at 5:30 when I go home!
Meeko 12:44 PM 03-26-2012
All mine are excellent nappers and sleep from 1-3 every day like clockwork. They crash in minutes and I have to wake them all up.

I use the time to do MMenu, check emails, grab some lunch etc. My son is my helper, so we clean up quick and relax a little.
nannyde 12:49 PM 03-26-2012
2.5 hours per day with the exception of when we have a newborn in the house.

I got a newborn coming tomorrow and i will gladly give up my nap break to introduce him to Bravo TV on the widescreen

I love myself a fresh baby.
Sunchimes 12:56 PM 03-26-2012
How old is the newborn? Please talk about him a lot. I can use all the suggestions and ideas I can get for my new 2 month old.
Christian Mother 01:03 PM 03-26-2012
Hmmm sometimes I get an hr...other times maybe 15-20 bc I a have a 4 mos little guy and his schedule just changed.
AmyLeigh 01:07 PM 03-26-2012
Technically, nothing. I have only one napper.
MrsB 01:50 PM 03-26-2012
Originally Posted by nannyde:
2.5 hours per day with the exception of when we have a newborn in the house.

I got a newborn coming tomorrow and i will gladly give up my nap break to introduce him to Bravo TV on the widescreen

I love myself a fresh baby.
Oh I am so jealous! My youngest right now is my own 17 mos DD and today was the first day back from our Vacation and my DH spoiled her so rotten while we were both off, she is a total bully and needs retraining!
daycare 01:55 PM 03-26-2012
most of the time NONE....my own son will not nap anymore, and this is when I spend all of my time prepping for my afternoon projects, cleaning up from lunch and anything else daycare related online. I like to come sneak on here to when I can.... Thank god for iphones....lol
SunshineMama 01:57 PM 03-26-2012
Originally Posted by MrsB:
Oh I am so jealous! My youngest right now is my own 17 mos DD and today was the first day back from our Vacation and my DH spoiled her so rotten while we were both off, she is a total bully and needs retraining!
DD will be 17 months the end of this month and she was sick for the past 2 days so her schedule is off and crazy too!

Always hard when it's your own kid causing the stir at naptime and everyone else's is sleeping sweetly!
SunshineMama 02:01 PM 03-26-2012
Originally Posted by AmyLeigh:
Technically, nothing. I have only one napper.
Your other ones dont nap at all? ACK! I couldn't do that- you're a better woman than I

Nanny- 2.5 hours! That's kinda awesome!
AnneCordelia 02:02 PM 03-26-2012
All of mine nap for 2.5 hours. By the time I clean, prep snack and afternoon activities I usually have a half hour or so to myself.
AmyLeigh 02:10 PM 03-26-2012
Originally Posted by SunshineMama:
Your other ones dont nap at all? ACK! I couldn't do that- you're a better woman than I
Nope. The next youngest is my 3.5 yo dd. She doesn't nap, but will crash at 7:30 pm and sleep for 11 hours straight. Two dcb's are 5 and 4.75, so they are up all day. If they are having a bad day, I will sit them down after lunch and let them watch a movie or some cartoons on Netflix. But that is becoming rarer and rarer.
Thankfully, they are all pretty good playing independently about 90% of the time. As long as they are within earshot, I can do basically what I need to as long as I can stop at a moment's notice to diffuse any arguments. Just like my own SA kiddos!
nannyde 02:23 PM 03-26-2012
Nanny- 2.5 hours! That's kinda awesome!
Every day sistah
jenny31052 02:24 PM 03-26-2012
Naptime here is from 1 to 3pm - by the regulations all kids have to sleep in the main room. So they sleep on mats on the floor, in the big playroom. Which is also in the same area of the kitchen and living room. So I can't really make any noise, or my light sleepers will wake up whaling...

I can't clean, or do dishes, so I do my homework or daycare paperworks while they are asleep. Sometime I just don't do anything, and sit around and relax, read a book, or stay on the computer... I have a 2 years old and my husband is deployed, so my day wont end until 8pm every day. Nap time is virtually they only break I get during the day, because after my son goes to bed, I have school work, and cleaning to do...
BigMama 02:55 PM 03-26-2012
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
How old is the newborn? Please talk about him a lot. I can use all the suggestions and ideas I can get for my new 2 month old.
At first I thought you said "please talk TO him a lot" and I was glad. Poor baby sitting in front of a TV. Since she didn' t say it, I will, "Please talk TO him a lot."
littlemissmuffet 03:08 PM 03-26-2012
2 hours - almost every single day. I often prep snack, tidy and do paperwork - sometimes even workout during this time - but it's usually 100% quiet for me to relax and have no hands-on child work for 2 hours each day.
nannyde 04:16 PM 03-26-2012
Originally Posted by BigMama:
At first I thought you said "please talk TO him a lot" and I was glad. Poor baby sitting in front of a TV. Since she didn' t say it, I will, "Please talk TO him a lot."
Are you serious?

You know newborns don't really watch tv right? You know that was a joke because they can't really watch and understand TV?

There are two of us here so newborns are given ONE TO ONE care for many weeks until they can sleep on a schedule similiar to the children. Not only are they "talked" to but they have their own adult.

Your statement was insulting AND rediculous. Don't talk to me like that and don't imply my babies are not cared for. I promise you there isn't a provider on the planet that could possibly cherish a newborn more than I do.
jojosmommy 04:20 PM 03-26-2012
NO Break, two babies, one half day kindy, plus 4 others means no break. All the olders sleep 2.5 plus hours everyday, my son sleeps 1 hr then reads, the babies are difficult to get on the same page with mine being the most difficult. Don't mind sharing my afternoon with my own kids though.
BigMama 04:59 PM 03-26-2012
Are you serious?

You know newborns don't really watch tv right? You know that was a joke because they can't really watch and understand TV?

There are two of us here so newborns are given ONE TO ONE care for many weeks until they can sleep on a schedule similiar to the children. Not only are they "talked" to but they have their own adult.

Your statement was insulting AND rediculous. Don't talk to me like that and don't imply my babies are not cared for. I promise you there isn't a provider on the planet that could possibly cherish a newborn more than I do.
I am very serious.
There are numerous studies about the negative effects of television watching on infants. Professor Christakis from Seattle Children's Research Institute explains why television has such a negative effect on infants: "We believe that one reason is the fact that it exposes children to flashing lights, scene changes, quick edits and auditory cuts which may be over stimulating to developing brains.” Infants may not be internalizing the dialogue and "understanding" the programs, but they can watch and it does affect them. This is why the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends no television for children under the age of 2.
I didn't imply anything. Your exact words were, "I got a newborn coming tomorrow and I will gladly give up my nap break to introduce him to Bravo TV on the widescreen." This was after you explained that you have a 2.5 hour break everyday. So for some or all of 2.5 hours the baby will watch TV with you. I also remember from another thread that you said that your infants see many "Real Housewives" episodes while they are young enough not to have a full afternoon nap. I didn't imply...this is information you provided.
I wouldn't want my baby sitting in front of a TV and I don't think it was insulting or ridiculous to say "please talk to him a lot."
nannyde 05:55 PM 03-26-2012
I am very serious.
There are numerous studies about the negative effects of television watching on infants. Professor Christakis from Seattle Children's Research Institute explains why television has such a negative effect on infants: "We believe that one reason is the fact that it exposes children to flashing lights, scene changes, quick edits and auditory cuts which may be over stimulating to developing brains.” Infants may not be internalizing the dialogue and "understanding" the programs, but they can watch and it does affect them. This is why the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends no television for children under the age of 2.
I didn't imply anything. Your exact words were, "I got a newborn coming tomorrow and I will gladly give up my nap break to introduce him to Bravo TV on the widescreen." This was after you explained that you have a 2.5 hour break everyday. So for some or all of 2.5 hours the baby will watch TV with you. I also remember from another thread that you said that your infants see many "Real Housewives" episodes while they are young enough not to have a full afternoon nap. I didn't imply...this is information you provided.
I wouldn't want my baby sitting in front of a TV and I don't think it was insulting or ridiculous to say "please talk to him a lot."
Ok I'll explain it to you in little tiny words so you get it:

I'm kidding around

I'm being silly

I'm JOKING

So if it was unclear it is clear now.

Now knock it off.
Blackcat31 08:12 AM 03-27-2012
I am very serious.
I am a NO TV child care. Because of how I believe it does effect children. I do not have TV for my DCK's at all, but I do have a TV in the kitchen.

When I have a newborn, they are always with me. The TV is on and I highly doubt the newbornis watching or paying attention to the screen as they are usually sleeping in my arms or if they are awake, I am talking to them. I wouldn't just park a newborn in front of the screen and leave them.

I also think there is a big difference, IMO, between a newborn and an infant. Once a newborn becomes an infant and has developed a schedule, they begin to sleep in the crib near the kitchen and they also start spending more time on the floor playing and exploring their surroundings.

If I am understanding correctly, I am pretty sure that is how Nan does it too. Her newborns are basically attached to their one adult until they are a little older (infants) and are capable of taking in more of their surroundings and devloping more of a schedule. I am sure human babies are drawn more to the faces and sounds of real humans (mothers, fathers, caregivers) at first and then their world expands.

......from another viewpoint, if having the TV on while caring for a newborn is bad....then the mothers I know who breast feed are doing a big injustice to their child as most of the BF'ing moms I have here take their baby and plop down in a chair or on the couch to watch a bit of TV while their baby eats....

Also to know Nan like I do, you would know she was kidding about actually giving a newborn TV time. If I were to have another child () and HAD to work, I would move to Iowa so she could be my child care provider. The way you took her information and how you understood it, is not how she does things.
Jewels 08:58 AM 03-27-2012
I usually get a pretty decent break everyday, I have kids that nap, and older ones that don't, I have everyone pretty spread out, I have my daughter who sleeps in her room downstairs, I have four who sleep in pop up tents upstairs, with sleeping bags, one toddler in a crib downstairs, one toddler who sleeps in a pack n play in my room, then then 5 yr olds, watch TV in the living room downstairs while coloring or laying down(when its nice outside I have them rest for 1 hour, then go outside for the rest of naptime) 3 of my tent sleepers sleep in the living room right upstairs, one in the playroom, I grab my lunch after they are all settled, sit on the couch right where they are all laying, and watch TV on my laptop(hulu, netflix), and I always usually have a chance to sit for 1-1.5hrs, and then I get up and whip the kitchen clean from lunch(alot I try to take care of right away and while they are still eating and finishing) I do all my other cleaning in the morning, I clean the bathrooms, the floors, and vaccuum before children arrive in the AM, and I get up at 5:30am or so to do this.
Ariana 09:47 AM 03-27-2012
On a good day when eveyone is sleeping I get roughly 2 hours...maybe a bit less. I sit with them and go on the computer while they fall asleep too (like right now!). I will usually come on here or study or watch my lectures streamed to my computer.

I get zero time during lunch except to stand at the counter and eat my lunch! Our kitchen table isn't big enough for me to sit at and I don't want them eating at my dining room table. I do catch mini breaks here and there when they're playing well together too.
My3cents 10:10 AM 03-27-2012
Are you serious?

I want to know what your watching on Bravo!!! I love Bravo...my guilty pleasure at night or I DVR if I am too tired.

I fully expect one of my own newborns to be the next american idol........that was our cuddle time......ha ha ha, another one of mine will be able to survive anything with her "Survival" skills she learned as an infant. Good thing she was not watching this season, would have turned out to be a ......bleep......sorry I think the cast of survivor this time around are all .........bleep, worst ever. (yet I still watch)

Loved your response Nan- give me a break people
My3cents 10:19 AM 03-27-2012
it depends on the day!

I usually do all my cleaning from lunch or what needs to be done and then I come online to relax for a bit or read or do busy quiet work.

My daycare is one huge room besides the bathroom, all open so I often have a chance to pop off and on the computer all day.......but often I will start a response and it takes me a while to get it out to you all. Kids come first is how I roll.
nannyde 10:26 AM 03-27-2012
Originally Posted by My3cents:
I want to know what your watching on Bravo!!! I love Bravo...my guilty pleasure at night or I DVR if I am too tired.

I fully expect one of my own newborns to be the next american idol........that was our cuddle time......ha ha ha, another one of mine will be able to survive anything with her "Survival" skills she learned as an infant. Good thing she was not watching this season, would have turned out to be a ......bleep......sorry I think the cast of survivor this time around are all .........bleep, worst ever. (yet I still watch)

I just got a text from one of my expecting moms telling me that if I was going to have her newborn watch TV during nap she would prefer I put on Jersey Shore. I said no-can-do. Nan no likey Jersey Shore but I do LOVE myself some Bethany Gets Married. I also love the new Duck Dynasty show. More info on catchin and cookin frogs then I could ever hope for.

I will NEVER hear the end of this thread. By tonight I'll get at least two more of my parents giving me a hard time. They love themselves some daycare.com
Lianne 10:28 AM 03-27-2012
My kids go down from 12:30-3:30. They all fall asleep quickly and a few wake up early but lay quietly on their beds until I come get them. I usually get the kitchen tidied before the kids go to bed. Some days I have other tasks I want to accomplish and other days I don't. Yesterday I did nothing but online jigsaw puzzles during nap. Today I've already put a bunch of stuff (broken toys, plant pots, etc) out to the curb for garbage day tomorrow morning. I also plan to wash the inside of my windows in my living room and kitchen before they get up and maybe wash the shelves in my pantry. I move on Saturday and trying to get a head start on the cleaning so I'm not scrambling Saturday evening.
My3cents 10:33 AM 03-27-2012
I am very serious.
Get to know Nan before you attack her. I too would send my child to her. Nan doesn't park kids in front of the TV all day. Yes it is insulting to say that....Nan talks to the kiddo's, all of them. You are ridiculous. They don't see TV because they are too young and sleeping in the arms of a loved one. She is not propping them in front of a show. Give me a break. Common sense
Crazy8 10:33 AM 03-27-2012
answering the OP.... I generally get at least a 1 hour break - infants nap on demand here though and don't move to the mid-day 2.5 hour nap time until at least 18 months so it could be more or less depending on the baby's schedules. I love when I have all mat-nappers and get that whole 2.5 hours!!
Blackcat31 10:35 AM 03-27-2012

LOVE Survivor!!! This season's cast is kind of a head scratcher....not sure what the point was....or what they have going on but I vote for them to bring back Redemption Island.....a certain someone should have been sent there had an appedicitis not led him in off the show...

I just got a text from one of my expecting moms telling me that if I was going to have her newborn watch TV during nap she would prefer I put on Jersey Shore. I said no-can-do. Nan no likey Jersey Shore but I do LOVE myself some Bethany Gets Married. I also love the new Duck Dynasty show. More info on catchin and cookin frogs then I could ever hope for.
I can't stomach Jersey Shore either but I do love Real Housewives of BH and NY. ...and I USED to be a Bethanny fan but I just can't take her any more...
nannyde 10:39 AM 03-27-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
LOVE Survivor!!! This season's cast is kind of a head scratcher....not sure what the point was....or what they have going on but I vote for them to bring back Redemption Island.....a certain someone should have been sent there had an appedicitis not led him in off the show...

I can't stomach Jersey Shore either but I do love Real Housewives of BH and NY. ...and I USED to be a Bethanny fan but I just can't take her any more...
I wonder if they are doing a new new york one. Seems like that has been a long time ago. I like all of the housewives shows except OC. I haven't seen the new episode of Bethanny yet. I'll check with my newborn and see if he can work it in his schedule and I'll let ya know what "we" think.
Lianne 10:41 AM 03-27-2012
I love Real Housewives but couldn't get into the Beverly Hills one. I watch Orange County, New Jersey and New York when I catch them. I also love Dance Moms!
My3cents 10:56 AM 03-27-2012

worst cast ever........ I am good with out redemption Island......they never showed much of what they did there, besides sleep and scheme. Have a feeling he will be back at some point- another season maybe.

Jason looks like he has about had it with Bethany. She is very stuck on herself, always has been. I am up and down with her- love to hate her. I like Julie- she seems real, and like she keeps Bethany grounded. Jason looks like he is fighting a battle he is never going to win, and getting tired of the ride. I feel for him, when it comes to his family. They just want to be involved in their granddaughters life and Bethany is just stifled by them. I love the shrink-

I don't watch Jersey Shore-
Jewels 10:59 AM 03-27-2012
When I have infants, I have always spent part of quiet time, in front of my laptop while, holding/feeding them watching a TV show, I also put a pack n play next to me, to set them in for when they fall asleep....when they are mobile crawlers, I go to my room, which is their nap area set them on the floor, and I sit on the floor and eat my lunch, and watch a TV show, I gate off my door so they can't excape to the nappers..... I generally take longer breaks with infamts, because I just can't get up to clean with a baby/toddler Really I could but I choose not to when I have a kid awake and to give myself the excuse to just relax on the floor with them.
My3cents 11:01 AM 03-27-2012
"I also love Dance Moms! "

have tried watching but can't get into it. I don't like the screaming at the kids all the time or parents. Her voice grates my nerves after a while
nannyde 11:09 AM 03-27-2012
"I also love Dance Moms! "

have tried watching but can't get into it. I don't like the screaming at the kids all the time or parents. Her voice grates my nerves after a while
I love Dance Moms too. I don't like the Dance Moms but I love the kids. Wowie Zops are they amazing athletes.

Abby is a bit too much for my liking. I don't like the provocative stuff she does at all. They are such little girls. I know it sells but ick. Not anywhere NEAR as bad as toddlers and tiaras tho

I would NEVER allow my newborn to watch Dance Moms. He would be having "watch your FEET" nightmares every night. Abby scares me.
dEHmom 11:17 AM 03-27-2012
it appears that I have missed a lot lately! did the forum cycle change by a few weeks?
SunshineMama 11:18 AM 03-27-2012
OMG Toddlers and Tiaras is the worst.

"Holla for a dolla honey boo boo."
momof5 11:31 AM 03-27-2012
Nap time here is from 1 - 3 30 pm. I get a full 2 hours pretty much every afternoon during that time sometimes 2.5.

4 of them also sleep in the morning as well from 730-9 am as they arrive very early.

I have 5 full-time dcbs. (16 months, 18 months, 2, 2.5 and 3.5) They all leave at 4pm except for my 2.5 year old who leaves at 4 30.
Countrygal 11:37 AM 03-27-2012
I feel really out of it, since I don't have TV, and haven't for many years.... I don't even recognize any of the names of the shows y'all are talkin' bout with the exception of Survivors.

To answer the OP - all of mine get at least 1 hr of quiet time. Some nap, some don't. So after I clean up lunch and get dishes done, floor swept, etc, I usually have about a half hour.
Michael 12:14 PM 03-27-2012
Are you serious?

Ok I'll explain it to you in little tiny words so you get it:

I'm kidding around

I'm being silly

I'm JOKING

So if it was unclear it is clear now.

Now knock it off.
Get to know Nan before you attack her. I too would send my child to her. Nan doesn't park kids in front of the TV all day. Yes it is insulting to say that....Nan talks to the kiddo's, all of them. You are ridiculous. They don't see TV because they are too young and sleeping in the arms of a loved one. She is not propping them in front of a show. Give me a break. Common sense
Personally I don't like the way you are treating BigMama and I am calling you out on it. And No this is not a joke.
nannyde 12:57 PM 03-27-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
And No this is not a joke.
Oh it's not a joking matter.
Michael 01:06 PM 03-27-2012
Oh it's not a joking matter.
Nanndyde, you carry a lot of influence on this forum and a simple statement can easily make your point. Sometimes you come across heavy handed and the others really don't need to pile on for you. Unless I missed something on this thread, I think I read it correctly.

There are ways, like PM, to address an issue that you feel is unfair or unwarrented from another member. If you would like to take this conversation to PM or email I would be glad to take the time to discuss it further with you.

Thanks
sahm2three 01:06 PM 03-27-2012
Many days, not much. We have a colicky baby and he cries all the time. We spend our break time passing him back and forth in my garage or laundry room to try to keep it quiet enough for the rest to sleep.
Blackcat31 01:10 PM 03-27-2012
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
Many days, not much. We have a colicky baby and he cries all the time. We spend our break time passing him back and forth in my garage or laundry room to try to keep it quiet enough for the rest to sleep.
How long have you had this little guy now? Has he gotten ANY better or made any improvement?

I feel soooo bad for you and I wish I had answers (I have a screaming baby too) but I don't so I will simply sympathize with you. (((hugs)))) for having to deal with that.

It IS VERY draining at times..... I am just focusing on the future and I have myself convinced that he will get better with age but who knows....
sahm2three 01:15 PM 03-27-2012
How long have you had this little guy now? Has he gotten ANY better or made any improvement?

I feel soooo bad for you and I wish I had answers (I have a screaming baby too) but I don't so I will simply sympathize with you. (((hugs)))) for having to deal with that.

It IS VERY draining at times..... I am just focusing on the future and I have myself convinced that he will get better with age but who knows....
He is 6 months now. I have had him since he was 2 months. He has his days where it is better. He is just so intense. And has severe reflux. He has zero patience and goes from calm to screaming like he is on fire in a second flat! I am just hoping that he doesn't follow in the path of my 2 yo screamer, who was severely colicky as well. I don't think I could keep up the pace. Thank you!
nannyde 05:23 PM 03-27-2012
You know in all the years I've cared for babies I've never had a baby with colic. I keep hearing about how common it is but I've never seen it before.

It's a bad deal that you have to pull him out to a different area of the house and do one to one care for breaks. That has to be pretty darn expensive in staff time.

PitterPatter 05:34 PM 03-27-2012
Right now I get the preschoolers down for nap for about 2 hours then the SA's come in and the preschoolers are up. During those 2 hours I get to sit down and put my feet up for some of that time but I also use it for washing lunch dishes, sweeping up crumbs etc, paper work/billing/MM, crafting ideas or making the newsletter. Come spring break I will be exhausted and summer I don't even want to think about because the SA kids don't nap and can get hyper. Lord help me I feel tired just thinking about it!
sahm2three 07:33 PM 03-27-2012
You know in all the years I've cared for babies I've never had a baby with colic. I keep hearing about how common it is but I've never seen it before.

It's a bad deal that you have to pull him out to a different area of the house and do one to one care for breaks. That has to be pretty darn expensive in staff time.

This is what I have been hearing. I have had 2 colicky baby's so far. I should go buy a lottery ticket....

It is so wearing. I just wish I could figure out what to do with him.
Lucy 07:43 PM 03-27-2012
Nanndyde, you carry a lot of influence on this forum and a simple statement can easily make your point. Sometimes you come across heavy handed and the others really don't need to pile on for you. Unless I missed something on this thread, I think I read it correctly.

There are ways, like PM, to address an issue that you feel is unfair or unwarrented from another member. If you would like to take this conversation to PM or email I would be glad to take the time to discuss it further with you.

Thanks
THANK YOU!! I was rolling my eyes through a lot of this. BigMama was mistaken, yes. But Nan's response was uncalled for. Glad I wasn't the only one who thought so. Not to mention that the whole thread has been hi-jacked.
nannyde 05:02 AM 03-28-2012
Originally Posted by Lucy:
THANK YOU!! I was rolling my eyes through a lot of this. BigMama was mistaken, yes. But Nan's response was uncalled for. Glad I wasn't the only one who thought so. Not to mention that the whole thread has been hi-jacked.
I don't think the thread is derailed. It's not uncommon for side convos to go along in threads.
dEHmom 05:53 AM 03-28-2012
Lucy: I am not picking on you, just using your post to pipe in myself.

I agree with what you said, however, it usually takes more than just a simple comment to set off Nan. Usually Nan's responses are just that, a response, not a reaction. Therefore, she uses specific words to convey her thoughts, feelings, and experiences. They come across harsh, but they are simply to the point. In that instance, she was attacked. I think both parties are guilty. Nan was a little harsh, but she was defending herself, as she was attacked, personally, regarding the care she provides.

Honestly, I think the world could use more people who are willing to respond and not just simply react. The world might be a much happier place.
My3cents 05:55 AM 03-28-2012
Personally I don't like the way you are treating BigMama and I am calling you out on it. And No this is not a joke.
I apologize if I came across as not nice- I can think for myself and I don't come in as a team with Nan to pounce. I am just passionate on my views and don't like it when I see someone else getting thrown under the bus. I also apologize for changing up the thread on the OP

BigMama for myself in my daycare we rarely watch a screen. I don't have cable hooked up in my daycare so it would be a movie that we would watch. I don't watch adult tv during daycare. Winnie the Pooh is a favorite with my littles. On a snow day, I sometimes put it on. When my own babies were infants we cuddled to tv, but not them watching it directly propt in front of it and by all means not all day long.

Nan- I don't feel you did anything wrong. I got ya.

Michael- Thank you for letting me see how I played a part in this thread. I am not a mean hurtful person and I am sorry if I came across that way.

OP- Downtime can very for me. It all depends on the day and the kids. Come night, when daycare is done, I cherish my time with my family and my down time.

I will try to start a thread on adult tv later....... I like discussing shows with others and others that have the same interest as I do. If I don't get to it, please someone else feel free to start this up
Michael 10:25 AM 03-28-2012
Along with threads like this one and the "do you own firearms" thread, I am pretty proud of this forum and the way everyone handles themselves. Nannyde and I have had a civil and constructive email conversation on the matter. I was thinking IT would have made another great thread. It does not change my original position but I can understand both parties feelings.

It bothers me when someone comes to me with a problem and ends up leaving the forum.
wdmmom 10:26 AM 03-28-2012
I apologize if I came across as not nice- I can think for myself and I don't come in as a team with Nan to pounce. I am just passionate on my views and don't like it when I see someone else getting thrown under the bus. I also apologize for changing up the thread on the OP

BigMama for myself in my daycare we rarely watch a screen. I don't have cable hooked up in my daycare so it would be a movie that we would watch. I don't watch adult tv during daycare. Winnie the Pooh is a favorite with my littles. On a snow day, I sometimes put it on. When my own babies were infants we cuddled to tv, but not them watching it directly propt in front of it and by all means not all day long.

Nan- I don't feel you did anything wrong. I got ya.

Michael- Thank you for letting me see how I played a part in this thread. I am not a mean hurtful person and I am sorry if I came across that way.

OP- Downtime can very for me. It all depends on the day and the kids. Come night, when daycare is done, I cherish my time with my family and my down time.

I will try to start a thread on adult tv later....... I like discussing shows with others and others that have the same interest as I do. If I don't get to it, please someone else feel free to start this up

Best post yet!

If anyone knows Nan like I do, they will know her simple "Knock it off" response was just the same as Cool it, Chill out, Don't get your undies in a bunch, etc.

If I was confronted based on someone elses perception of how I care for children, let alone a newborn, you bet your check, I'd be offended too.

A common reaction would have been to retaliate. Nan's "Knock it off" was her saying she had enough, was tapping out, and wasn't going to give in to the unnecessary jabs she took. She opted out. Just in a different perspective than some.

On a more personal note: I've known Nan from when she started watching my youngest DCD. Nan is and was by far the best provider I could have ever imagined meeting! 80% of her home is dedicated to her business! The kids have more toys and games and puzzles than what is on most store shelves!

Not only did my daughter go to Nan for daycare but I worked for Nan for a short time too! In the course of time that my daughter went there (2 years), she watched tv at Nan's house TWICE! They were movie days!

So there you have it. Not that I am sticking up for Nan (she can do that herself! ), I can provide proof that I have seen with my own eyes that TV is not part of a daily, weekly or monthly routine.

As for infants, I talk to Nan most everyday on the phone. When she is talking to me, she is talking about how scrumptious or handsome they are or how great they smell! Nan loves her some babies and for someone to question her care towards an infant let alone any other child is unacceptable. Nan provides many of us with knowledgable, first hand experiences. Her responses to threads are usually something she has encountered and has direct experience to.

I sent my child (now 7) to Nan's last summer for a week! My DCD couldn't say enough about how much fun she had, how good she slept, how fuzzy and warm her blankies were, how yummy the food was, etc.

I think too many people are too quick to judge and don't realize that they may very well be misreading what people are trying to say or tend to overanalyze and presume the feedback is negative.

What's ones perception is, may not be anothers, just remember that.

As for "break time", I get maybe 15 minutes in the morning when I am telling my staff assistant her duties for the day before I go into cleaning the kitchen, making calls, returning emails and fixing lunch.

When the kids go down for a nap at 1230pm, I am loading the dishwasher, cleaning up from lunch and usually washing/drying/folding laundry, sweeping, mopping or catching me an episode of Wife Swap or I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant. Those shows crack me up!
Unregistered 10:38 AM 03-28-2012
I'm curious - and NOT picking on anyone - is it only here on this forum or is it a widespread thing now for certain phrases to be used - "no likee', "want me some," etc.? I don't watch any TV or movies so I don't know if this sort of language comes from either of those or if it's only found on this forum. I find it a little disconcerting to come here to read grown-up opinions and come across things that sound like I'm still listening to the dck. Again - not a criticism, but I'm wondering because I don't get out much and really don't know!
Lucy 11:01 AM 03-28-2012
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
Lucy: I am not picking on you, just using your post to pipe in myself.

I agree with what you said, however, it usually takes more than just a simple comment to set off Nan. Usually Nan's responses are just that, a response, not a reaction. Therefore, she uses specific words to convey her thoughts, feelings, and experiences. They come across harsh, but they are simply to the point. In that instance, she was attacked. I think both parties are guilty. Nan was a little harsh, but she was defending herself, as she was attacked, personally, regarding the care she provides.

Honestly, I think the world could use more people who are willing to respond and not just simply react. The world might be a much happier place.
I've been around here for quite some time (had to change my screen name several weeks back, fyi) and know how certain members "roll". This was harsher than normal for Nan. I feel BigMama misunderstood her, and that a simple, "please don't misunderstand me, it was merely a joke." would have sufficed. I disagree that she was attacked. And I wasn't even going to say anything until our Forum Owner validated my opinion.

Yes, she uses harsh words, as you mention. We are not one of her Daycare kids, so I feel that a little bit of leeway or benefit of the doubt would have been not only appreciated, but appropriate.

(sorry for the editing fail if you saw this before I got on my laptop and fixed it!! )
daycare 11:13 AM 03-28-2012
Along with threads like this one and the "do you own firearms" thread, I am pretty proud of this forum and the way everyone handles themselves. Nannyde and I have had a civil and constructive email conversation on the matter. I was thinking IT would have made another great thread. It does not change my original position but I can understand both parties feelings.

It bothers me when someone comes to me with a problem and ends up leaving the forum.
We shall call you daddy daycare.....lol Or tattle toad.....lol sorry I had to say it....

thank you for all of your help and support ALWAYS....My husband said that you are one heck of a man to have to deal with all of us......lol

DOn't worry, I already pinched my husband for saying that about all of us.....
nannyde 11:55 AM 03-28-2012
I've been around here for quite some time (had to change my screen name several weeks back, fyi) and know how certain members "roll". This was harsher than normal for Nan. I feel BigMama misunderstood her, and that a simple, "please don't misunderstand me, it was merely a joke." would have sufficed. I disagree that she was attacked. And I wasn't even going to say anything until our Forum Owner validated my opinion.
Oh I was just thinking about you yesterday. How's the weather down there?

I was thinking about how weirdly warm it is here in Iowa and was wondering if you guys have unseasonably warm weather too?

Busted out the sprinklers yet?
SunshineMama 11:58 AM 03-28-2012
Would you consider babywearing a daycare baby? My kids did not have colic but loved it when they were tiny. My friend's son had colic and he was a competely differeny baby when she "wore" him.

It's a lot to ask of a provider to do this, but I thought I woud throw the idea out there.
Lucy 12:50 PM 03-28-2012
Oh I was just thinking about you yesterday. How's the weather down there?

I was thinking about how weirdly warm it is here in Iowa and was wondering if you guys have unseasonably warm weather too?

Busted out the sprinklers yet?
I don't get it. What am I missing here?
nannyde 01:26 PM 03-28-2012
I don't get it. What am I missing here?
Oh I was just reminiscing about an old post:

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...nannyde&page=2

where we were discussing temperatures outside and how hot it gets in your area and mine...
Lucy 01:46 PM 03-28-2012
Oh I was just reminiscing about an old post:

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...nannyde&page=2

where we were discussing temperatures outside and how hot it gets in your area and mine...
I live in the northwest. ???? We are lucky to see 90 a few days in July. Apparently you were thinking of someone else.
nannyde 01:58 PM 03-28-2012
I live in the northwest. ???? We are lucky to see 90 a few days in July. Apparently you were thinking of someone else.
Oh I'm sorry. I thought you lived in Phoenix. I see where you said "kids that live in Phoenix:
Lucy 02:19 PM 03-28-2012
With all due respect, we have taken this thread completely off topic. PM me with anything further. Sorry to the OP.
nannyde 02:27 PM 03-28-2012
With all due respect, we have taken this thread completely off topic. PM me with anything further. Sorry to the OP.
It happens. We talk about eating bear on a gun thread or a colicky baby solution on a nap break thread. Just the nature of the boards.
Crystal 02:43 PM 03-28-2012
You're right. But, I will say, it seems to me that Nan's posting to you smacks of instigating drama AND outing your original username. You have every right to be uspet about it.....I know I would be.
Crystal 02:45 PM 03-28-2012
It happens. We talk about eating bear on a gun thread or a colicky baby solution on a nap break thread. Just the nature of the boards.
When they naturally take a turn, that's cool, but when you are intentionally attempting to stir the pot, it's not natural and doesn't just "happen". You are doing it on purpose.
nannyde 02:47 PM 03-28-2012
Originally Posted by Crystal:
You're right. But, I will say, it seems to me that Nan's posting to you smacks of instigating drama AND outing your original username. You have every right to be uspet about it.....I know I would be.
Crystal when you switch usernames it doesn't change your quotebacks. Any time a user changes their names it takes a couple of seconds to figure out what their previous username was. Anyone can do it any time by just looking thru the users posts. You don't have to be registered or logged in. That's public info here. She has eight hundred posts here and has been a user for a while.

I didn't say anything about her switching usernames until SHE said it in a thread. Look at her posts from today.
Crystal 02:57 PM 03-28-2012
Crystal when you switch usernames it doesn't change your quotebacks. Any time a user changes their names it takes a couple of seconds to figure out what their previous username was. Anyone can do it any time by just looking thru the users posts. You don't have to be registered or logged in. That's public info here. She has eight hundred posts here and has been a user for a while.

I didn't say anything about her switching usernames until SHE said it in a thread. Look at her posts from today.
I know what happened. She made a comment about changing her username and then you went TOTALLY off topic, quoting an old post of hers, so as to identify who she "used to be" There was absolutely NO reason whatsoever for you to dredge up that old post as it had absolutley NOTHING to do with the topic at hand.

It was intentional. It was rude. It was uncalled for.
nannyde 02:58 PM 03-28-2012
When they naturally take a turn, that's cool, but when you are intentionally attempting to stir the pot, it's not natural and doesn't just "happen". You are doing it on purpose.

Was I to start a new thread? I don't know what you mean.
Crystal 03:16 PM 03-28-2012
Yes. You should have if you were going to start a discussion about something COMPLETELY different. There was no reason, other than to start something, for you to bring up the "weather" with "Lucy"
nannyde 03:23 PM 03-28-2012
Yes. You should have if you were going to start a discussion about something COMPLETELY different. There was no reason, other than to start something, for you to bring up the "weather" with "Lucy"

I should probably start a new thread for this discussion, but since this thread has already been derailed and I wouldn't know how to title a thread calling you on your childishness and I decided to keep it here.

I am sick of you thinking you can say/do whatever you want and everyone else is supposed to agree with you or be damned for having different practices or opinions than you. You belittle people, argue with people, and defend assisinine child care philosophies that are insulting to those of us who strive to offer DAP.

And FTR, I don't care how any of your minions feel about what I have stated here. So you can all share it or keep it to yourself, it makes no difference to me. I am sick of seeing this day after day, year after year. I would leave, but there are many people here whom I value as "friends" and as providers. I suppose I should just put you on ignore.
Crystal

I have brought up the sprinkler thread recently. It's one of my fave threads on this site. You didn't say anything about it then. Are we not supposed to bring up old threads?

Sheesh... We go off topic all the time here and people make posts directly to another poster within threads. I didn't know that was unacceptable. It happens all the time.

I've also never changed my username. I've been nannyde since 98 on daycare boards. Is there something sacred about switching your username that I don't get? Don't know why this has you so riled.
Bella99 03:34 PM 03-28-2012
I hope this is ok, but I thought i'd put in my 2 cents, as i've been watching this thread since the scuffle went down.

When I saw Nan's post, it made me laugh. New babies sleep, so her saying she was going to show him some Bravo (can't remember the exact wording..) made me giggle. I'm new here so my opinion is totally unbiased, but I think saying that Nan needed to talk to the baby was a little uncalled for. Of course she talks to baby, as I assume ANYONE on here would. But theres only so much talking to can do before they fall asleep again. I still think Nan's post is funny, and shouldn't ever have been taken seriously.
nannyde 03:40 PM 03-28-2012
Originally Posted by Bella99:
I hope this is ok, but I thought i'd put in my 2 cents, as i've been watching this thread since the scuffle went down.

When I saw Nan's post, it made me laugh. New babies sleep, so her saying she was going to show him some Bravo (can't remember the exact wording..) made me giggle. I'm new here so my opinion is totally unbiased, but I think saying that Nan needed to talk to the baby was a little uncalled for. Of course she talks to baby, as I assume ANYONE on here would. But theres only so much talking to can do before they fall asleep again. I still think Nan's post is funny, and shouldn't ever have been taken seriously.
Yes I've told the joke many times over the years and never had anyone take it litterally. That's the lesson I've learned in this thread. Put a disclaimer on any joke... specially if you plan to use it over and over again.
AmyLeigh 03:41 PM 03-28-2012
Hey, who needs Bravo TV when we have Nan v. Crystal drama here?
Bella99 03:44 PM 03-28-2012
Yes I've told the joke many times over the years and never had anyone take it litterally. That's the lesson I've learned in this thread. Put a disclaimer on any joke... specially if you plan to use it over and over again.
I got it and i'm new here! I just try to take everything as a joke unless proven otherwise.
Michael 03:52 PM 03-28-2012
That is a good idea. I placed this on the bottom of my vitamin suggestions the other day:

As a disclaimer: These are my opinions and suggestions. As always consult your doctor before taking any of these products for your health.

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43527
Country Kids 03:52 PM 03-28-2012
Crystal

I have brought up the sprinkler thread recently. It's one of my fave threads on this site. You didn't say anything about it then. Are we not supposed to bring up old threads?

Sheesh... We go off topic all the time here and people make posts directly to another poster within threads. I didn't know that was unacceptable. It happens all the time.

I've also never changed my username. I've been nannyde since 98 on daycare boards. Is there something sacred about switching your username that I don't get? Don't know why this has you so riled.
Just curious Nan, why is it one of your favorite threads? It seems like alot of people were riled up with you on that one also and alot of drama there.

Yes, Lucy may have changed her name and let us know about it but she didn't point out who she used to post under. Did you think there maybe a reason for her not to point that out? I might let you know I changed my name but would be very upset if you let the whole world know without my consent of who I used to post under.

Oh, yes Lucy lives very close to me and several others here on the board and she does seem to know what the weather is like here in the summer-rarely over 95.
Michael 03:53 PM 03-28-2012
Originally Posted by Bella99:
I got it and i'm new here! I just try to take everything as a joke unless proven otherwise.
I was just in Toronto. You Canadians are much happier these days then we are. Enjoy it while you can!
Bella99 03:55 PM 03-28-2012
I was just in Toronto. You Canadians are much happier these days then we are. Enjoy it while you can!
I'm not far from there!

Funny you say that about Toronto, among us Canadians, toronto is the new-york of Canada with all the jerks!! Move outwards a little and you'll be surprised!
nannyde 03:58 PM 03-28-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Just curious Nan, why is it one of your favorite threads? It seems like alot of people were riled up with you on that one also and alot of drama there.

Yes, Lucy may have changed her name and let us know about it but she didn't point out who she used to post under. Did you think there maybe a reason for her not to point that out? I might let you know I changed my name but would be very upset if you let the whole world know without my consent of who I used to post under.

Oh, yes Lucy lives very close to me and several others here on the board and she does seem to know what the weather is like here in the summer-rarely over 95.
I love that thread so much. I think about it a lot.

It taught me that it's all in what you live... what seems terrible to me (anything over 75 degrees) is nothing to someone who lives in Arizona. Like Lucy was saying.... they would take a kid out when it's 95... where I wouldn't dream of having kids outdoors in THAT weather. I would take them out when it was 20 degrees... and wouldn't bat an eyelash. To someone else it is too cold when it's 50 which is PERFECT to me.

What seems perfectly normal to me seems outrageous to someone else and we are taking care of the same species That kills me.

It's in the mid seventies today here and I'm dying of heat. We didn't even GET a winter. I wonder if it's roasting hot in Pheonix already.
Country Kids 04:04 PM 03-28-2012
Don't know about Phonix but here its 53 degrees, fierce winds and last night we received an inch of rain!!!! Yesterday, it was so stormy-windy, rainy, and just yuck. Then the real storm hit last night! So ready for spring!
nannyde 04:12 PM 03-28-2012
Don't know about Phonix but here its 53 degrees, fierce winds and last night we received an inch of rain!!!! Yesterday, it was so stormy-windy, rainy, and just yuck. Then the real storm hit last night! So ready for spring!
I'll take your 53 and windy and you can have my 81 degrees on Sunday.

The weather channel has been doing segments on "unusually warm weather". Buffalo New York is seeing 40 degree higher temps than what they normally have this time of year.

Can't even decide when to plant the garden because it's so crazy warm here for this time of year.
Country Kids 04:33 PM 03-28-2012
Never wish for something until you know for sure. We have one of the highest populations of depression/sad because of our weather. Most people you talk to are on some sort of depression medicine- Last month one of our towns had 10.5 inches of rain in two days-.

Alot of times the loggers can't get up to the woods to log or the trucks can't get up there to get the logs. It causes alot of unemployment and construction can sometimes only happen 5 months of the year.
nannyde 04:35 PM 03-28-2012
That is a good idea. I placed this on the bottom of my vitamin suggestions the other day:

As a disclaimer: These are my opinions and suggestions. As always consult your doctor before taking any of these products for your health.

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43527
I use to tell the joke and insert "Court TV" instead of Bravo TV. I used to be a Court TV addict. I kidyounot... I remember what little ones I had during the OJ trial cuz I spent many a day pacing the floor with a baby on my shoulder watching that fourteen month trial during nap time.
nannyde 04:44 PM 03-28-2012
Never wish for something until you know for sure. We have one of the highest populations of depression/sad because of our weather. Most people you talk to are on some sort of depression medicine- Last month one of our towns had 10.5 inches of rain in two days-.

Alot of times the loggers can't get up to the woods to log or the trucks can't get up there to get the logs. It causes alot of unemployment and construction can sometimes only happen 5 months of the year.
That's true sistah

I love rainy weather... like no other BUT I don't like the flooding that goes with it. A couple of years ago we had such horrible rains that the area about ten houses down from mine got evacuated during a normal day care day.

I honestly never thought I would have to USE my evacuation plan but I did. The news was including my neighborhood in the evacuation and I had to make arrangements for us to bail out. One of my dcmoms left work to come help us. It scared me
sahm2three 06:30 PM 03-28-2012
Would you consider babywearing a daycare baby? My kids did not have colic but loved it when they were tiny. My friend's son had colic and he was a competely differeny baby when she "wore" him.

It's a lot to ask of a provider to do this, but I thought I woud throw the idea out there.
Tried it. He HATES it. I have done it with all the babies I have had in care. Both of my colicky babies hated it. although my own ds who was colicky LOVED it. Only way you can calm him is holding him upright, facing outward, and constantly bouncing. We are now struggling with how to feed him because he hates to lie back AT ALL. And refuses to eat if we are holding him. So we have to put him in the bouncer and sit by him and feed him. Ugh. I just want an easy baby. Thanks so much though!
Kaddidle Care 04:40 AM 03-29-2012

I will NEVER hear the end of this thread. By tonight I'll get at least two more of my parents giving me a hard time. They love themselves some daycare.com
hahahaha! I wondered about the Bravo TV post myself and didn't think that was your style. It made me go

When my youngest (hyper boy) was little I WANTED him to watch TV just so I could get a 10 minute shower in uninterruped. No way baby! He just wouldn't watch. So... I'd wait.. and wait for him to go for a nap and sneak in. As soon as that water started, HE started. Oh My! ARGH! Not one of my fondest memories have having a baby!

Now the Jersey Shore thing... surely that was a joke? PLEASE tell me that was a joke. That show is the pits! I don't think any of the cast is even from Jersey. I'm a Jersey Girl born and raised... we do NOT act like that.

Then there's the "Real" Housewives of New Jersey. I think they are all Mafia wives. I've never even met anyone like that! Bunch of Princesses they are!

Oops!... sorry... rant off...
nannyde 04:44 AM 03-29-2012
But Country, when you bring hundreds of posts with a new username it's going to take someone a few minutes to figure out your old username. It's not private. You don't have to be a member or even log in to do it. If you are a registered user and have had previous convos with the poster it can take seconds without going through many posts. Quotebacks are in the original username.

We have a sort here by username where people can read just your posts. It happens to me ALL the time. I have had many many many posters tell me that they have read, are reading, some or even all nearly five thousand of my posts.

If I switched usernames it would take you about three seconds to figure it out and I wouldn't be upset if you did. I expect it.

There seems to be some idea that I used my mod privledges to know the original name and that is NOT true. I wouldn't bother with it because it's so easy to do for a regular joe with no mod privledges.

Whether you let me or anyone else know you changed your name it will be easily figured out. If you would be very upset if I let the whole world know without your consent of who you used to post under, you still have to know that it's easily figured out. It just isn't a privacy thing because this is an open and searchable board to the public. No mod privledges necessary, no registration necessary, and no skill necessary.

Now if you switch usernames and start anew then that's a different kettle o fish. Chances are people who post with you regularly are going to know who you are pretty quickly and the moderators could compare IP addresses if something comes up that's threatening to the board... but in the normal course of a day here it would at least protect your past posts under your new name.
dEHmom 06:05 AM 03-29-2012
thats because we are! I heard we are better looking too
rhondawarren 06:20 AM 03-29-2012
Originally Posted by Soupyszoo:
Mine is the same! 0-1.5-2 hours. It all depends on the alignment of the planets and stars
Hilarious!!!!
Meyou 06:59 AM 03-29-2012
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
thats because we are! I heard we are better looking too
For sure better looking!
My3cents 10:12 AM 03-29-2012
but you can't make people stay if they have a mind made up of....my feeling were hurt and I am leaving. It bothers me too.... we talk about backbone here a lot. First backbone lesson should be. Stay and keep inputting, because you don't know when your input is going to help someone else or not, and take what you can use and leave the rest- Agree to disagree at times.

I too think Nan was wrong to call someone out if they had changed username. They did it for a reason and no matter if you agreed with them or not, you should have honored their privacy. I don't care if it is information out there for all to see. On the flip side, I can see how Nan would feel pushed into doing this- not that it makes it right. I would be very hurt Nan if you did that to me, even in the heat of not agreeing with me or disputing.
Country Kids 10:23 AM 03-29-2012
But Country, when you bring hundreds of posts with a new username it's going to take someone a few minutes to figure out your old username. It's not private. You don't have to be a member or even log in to do it. If you are a registered user and have had previous convos with the poster it can take seconds without going through many posts. Quotebacks are in the original username.

We have a sort here by username where people can read just your posts. It happens to me ALL the time. I have had many many many posters tell me that they have read, are reading, some or even all nearly five thousand of my posts.

If I switched usernames it would take you about three seconds to figure it out and I wouldn't be upset if you did. I expect it.

There seems to be some idea that I used my mod privledges to know the original name and that is NOT true. I wouldn't bother with it because it's so easy to do for a regular joe with no mod privledges.

Whether you let me or anyone else know you changed your name it will be easily figured out. If you would be very upset if I let the whole world know without your consent of who you used to post under, you still have to know that it's easily figured out. It just isn't a privacy thing because this is an open and searchable board to the public. No mod privledges necessary, no registration necessary, and no skill necessary.

Now if you switch usernames and start anew then that's a different kettle o fish. Chances are people who post with you regularly are going to know who you are pretty quickly and the moderators could compare IP addresses if something comes up that's threatening to the board... but in the normal course of a day here it would at least protect your past posts under your new name.
I guess I don't look into the post very well then because all I remembered about Lucy was she was from neck of the woods. Nothing from any of her posts even would have triggered me thinking of the "Sprinkler Thread" at all. I know her and I have commented about having the same type of weather and how different rates are in our area, even though we live about an hour apart. All I know is I live very far from Phonix and never connected Lucy having lived there.

Also, I guess if a person did switch there name I wouldn't go searching for old threads to figure it out. I switched my entire childcare name because I became bored with my old one and it didn't fit my program anymore. Sometime maybe that is the case here or people relocate/don't want parents following them/etc.

In anycase I personally feel you shouldn't have said who she use to post under even if she had let us all know she changed her name, she didn't say who she use to post under.
Tags:colicky
1 2 
Reply Up