Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What To Charge For 3 Siblings?
JeepGirl6 02:03 PM 06-19-2012
What would you charge for 3 siblings(4 month old, 2 year old and 3 year old) that were only coming for 4 hours one day a week for a short period of time( in 3 weeks will come back to the schedule of 10 hours one day a week)? They were not here for 3 months because of the mother being on maternity leave. I currently charge $10 an hour for two children if they are here 4 hours or under. I was thinking $14 an hour for 3 siblings for drop in care...What do you think??
Michael 02:07 PM 06-19-2012
Some great threads on Sibling discounts: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...bling+discount
daycare 02:15 PM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by JeepGirl6:
What would you charge for 3 siblings(4 month old, 2 year old and 3 year old) that were only coming for 4 hours one day a week for a short period of time( in 3 weeks will come back to the schedule of 10 hours one day a week)? They were not here for 3 months because of the mother being on maternity leave. I currently charge $10 an hour for two children if they are here 4 hours or under. I was thinking $14 an hour for 3 siblings for drop in care...What do you think??
WOW that is a low rate, but I am not sure where you are and what your normal drop in rates for that are would be.

I personally could not do business for 3 people coming from the same family or 1 day a week.

I don't want to get off track from your question, but I don't think that $14.00 for drop in for 3 kids is enough. I would charge a higher fee for the infant, who will require most of the work.

Do you know what your area rates are for drop in??
cheerfuldom 02:20 PM 06-19-2012
I would do at least $5 per hour per child.

But I guess I dont understand why the odd hours?
JeepGirl6 02:22 PM 06-19-2012
Since the children have not been here because of the mother being on maternity leave for the past 3 months, the mother wants to get them use to the environment again by bringing them for only 4 hours one day a week until they start coming back for their full 10 hour day in the middle of July. My daily fee is $40 for one child, $70 for two children and at this point financially I cant give a discount for the 3rd child so I was going to charge $110 for the one day a week they will be coming. Once I redo my contract in January I think I am going to revise my sibling discount to a 10% discount for 2 children and 5% discount for third child because that $10 a day discount I currently give for a 2nd child does affect my income. I currently have 3 families that have 2 children and all of them only come 1-2 days a week.
daycare 02:31 PM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by JeepGirl6:
Since the children have not been here because of the mother being on maternity leave for the past 3 months, the mother wants to get them use to the environment again by bringing them for only 4 hours one day a week until they start coming back for their full 10 hour day in the middle of July. My daily fee is $40 for one child, $70 for two children and at this point financially I cant give a discount for the 3rd child so I was going to charge $110 for the one day a week they will be coming. Once I redo my contract in January I think I am going to revise my sibling discount to a 10% discount for 2 children and 5% discount for third child because that $10 a day discount I currently give for a 2nd child does affect my income. I currently have 3 families that have 2 children and all of them only come 1-2 days a week.
ahh I see, so its just a one time thing... I also would go for the $5.00 an hour for each child. Not too sure how the kids will do with only 4 hours until the big day, but I guess its better than nothing
Heidi 02:36 PM 06-19-2012
If they pay $110 per day for the 1/2 day, how about half that for the half day, so $55?

The going rate around here is only about $110 per week for over 2, $130 for under. So my dc family that has an 18 mo, 3 yo, and 5yo one half-day per week I charge $35. $55 would be cool! I live in a rural area, though, and a lot of my competition is unregulated or illegal care.
Tags:sibling discount
Reply Up