Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Stupid Lice... grrrrr :(
DaisyMamma 07:29 AM 11-20-2012
DD got it 17 days ago and it has made its rounds. I'm tired, I'm sick of vacuuming, disinfecting, bombing. My family is using lice repelling shampoo. I'm spraying with rubbing alcohol - furniture and non washable items. No dress up items or stuffed animals.

Please make it stop!

Any non traditional ideas?
Anything that has worked particularly well for you? Please include brand names and any details where to buy, etc.
I'm sending home a newsletter today to encourage parents to be proactive in preventing spreading.

I want to cry
proudmommyofthree 07:35 AM 11-20-2012
Uggghhh! Im sorry your going throuh this. My oldest had it a few years ago so what i did affter washing evefything is put mayonise in her hair to suffocate the lice and it worked. I dont remember how long i left it in her hair but i do remember that it killed the lice snd the eggs so you can give ut a try. Hugs to you
DaisyMamma 07:46 AM 11-20-2012
Originally Posted by proudmommyofthree:
Uggghhh! Im sorry your going throuh this. My oldest had it a few years ago so what i did affter washing evefything is put mayonise in her hair to suffocate the lice and it worked. I dont remember how long i left it in her hair but i do remember that it killed the lice snd the eggs so you can give ut a try. Hugs to you
Someone told me mayo! Haha. I even bought some, but didn't use it. I'm going to now though!
familyschoolcare 07:50 AM 11-20-2012
Something in hair to Make it greasy such as mayo like suggested above. Use nix not a off brad they don't work as we be sure to retreat in 7-10 days to kill any eggs you missed because it only takes one serving to start the process over. I recommend retreating 4 or 5 times. These creatures really like my DD hair type and in the past when we did not retreat that many times it came back 4 weeks later. You should also check every head every day for one month (life cycle) before letting them in the house easier to do with non school aged children.
Willow 08:19 AM 11-20-2012
There are lots of threads on it here on the site.

Across the board and for as long as I can remember I've heard adding tea tree oil to shampoo works wonders. That's what I've done and we've never had it here even if someone happens to come into our house with it unknowingly and shares they discovered their infestation later.
LaLa1923 08:22 AM 11-20-2012
This is why I'm seriously investing in a magnifying glass on wheels like the school has. It isn't that expensive and it would be priceless!!
I HATE lice also!! my DD had it and I cried! It was soooooo bad, she came back from holiday break last year and had it. I did tons of research and I took her to the doc bc you aren't supposed to use the lice shampoo more than one time in a week. Mayo and other things in your hair do not work. It is also not advised to spray furniture or your car with anything.
The reason for this is because they can build an immunity to the sprays etc..then it can get really bad....
Bottom line...without a host (i.e. a person) it will die. Until then you can use the robi comb, and there's another that's also really nice. You must pick everything out of everyone's hair. Check, check, check again. Stay closed until everyone is clear. Otherwise, it just goes back into cycle.....
Unregistered 09:13 AM 11-20-2012
My son got it like 2 months ago, i used RID, combed out the lice which were ALOT, I did not catch it on time i guess, but boy his head was infested. I ended up cutting his hair.I washed and vaccumed everthing, thought i had rid my house of it.
fast forward to about two weeks later and my 2yr old daughter had them. ugh so annoyed, i used that RID lice killing shampoo and guess what it DID NOT kill the lice. so went online and found CLEARLICE shampoo and it does work. It's a kit which cost me a total of $95.00 around there the shippings like $17.00 and the kit was 75.00. anyways it killed the lice, baby lice & nits. http://www.clearlice.com/?utm_expid=24470559-18
i hope that helps.
Reply Up