Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sign In and Out
mia 08:32 AM 04-02-2014
I have been using the sign in and out binder for some time now.... I have the odd few who will come in and drop off or even pick up but do not sign book.... I have stated that it MUST BE signed...

I was thinking of posting this reminder....

"JUST A REMINDER !!!!!!!

PLEASE REMEMBER TO SIGN YOUR CHILD / CHILDREN IN AND OUT ......

For I Notice that a few clients have been forgetting to.... I go over the book in the evenings to mark in my files that the child / children where signed in or out,and the length of time that the were here... If they are not signed in or out then it is marked as an open to closing time, Which will classify as a late fee, and will need to be paid the next day..... Which I do not want to charge if at all possible.....

Thank you again for your understanding"

How does that sound???????
craftymissbeth 09:22 AM 04-02-2014
I'll be following this thread because I'm having the same issue. I was thinking of charging a $5 fee for every day they don't sign in or out, but I wasn't sure how to go about doing it.
Blackcat31 09:26 AM 04-02-2014
I charge a drop in rate approximately twice what my daily rate breaks down to be.

If a parent doesn't submit a schedule in advance OR fails to sign in and/or out on a certain day, they are charged the drop in rate.

RARELY does a family forget more than once.
Luvnmykidz 10:32 AM 04-02-2014
Blackcat how would you word that in writing? I have not had that issue yet since I don't get licensed until next week, but I think that's a wonderful policy to start out with rather than later implement.
Blackcat31 10:45 AM 04-02-2014
Originally Posted by Luvnmykidz:
Blackcat how would you word that in writing? I have not had that issue yet since I don't get licensed until next week, but I think that's a wonderful policy to start out with rather than later implement.
My sign in/out sheet says REALLY BIG on the top:

"Signing your child in and out of child care each day is a state licensing regulation requirement (MN 245A. 14 sub 14)

Failure to sign in OR out will result in drop in fees applied for the day."

coolconfidentme 10:56 AM 04-02-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My sign in/out sheet says REALLY BIG on the top:

"Signing your child in and out of child care each day is a state licensing regulation requirement (MN 245A. 14 sub 14)

Failure to sign in OR out will result in drop in fees applied for the day."
I may have to do something like that with a g'ma. My DCM is away on active duty & g'ma is forever forgetting to give me a schedule. Today I was very stern with her about it & said I cannot provide care for DCB this week because she failed to give me a schedule in a timely manner per policy.
mia 09:58 AM 04-03-2014
will be putting up a notice reminder first to see how that goes

( PLEASE REMEMBER TO SIGN IN AND OUT !!!!! THANK YOU )

then wait for a while before posting that they will be marked as a fee
Luvnmykidz 10:05 AM 04-03-2014
Thanks Blackcat, that is a great idea!
Reply Up