Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Developmental Screening Tools????
Reimel61 05:11 PM 06-08-2015
Here in Maryland we will be required to do developmental screening as of July 2016. Has anyone used this tool: Ages & Stages Questionnaires Third Edition (ASQ-3) print copy not the online version.

My question is once the "tool" is purchased is there a yearly fee for use of the "tool"? Is there a CD with the questionnaire to print as needed??

Thanks
spedmommy4 05:46 PM 06-08-2015
There is no fee after purchase for the print with CD version. CD is included with kit. You can print as many copies as you want from the CD.
Reimel61 05:59 PM 06-08-2015
thanks
Luvnmykidz 01:12 PM 06-09-2015
Originally Posted by Reimel61:
Here in Maryland we will be required to do developmental screening as of July 2016. Has anyone used this tool: Ages & Stages Questionnaires Third Edition (ASQ-3) print copy not the online version.

My question is once the "tool" is purchased is there a yearly fee for use of the "tool"? Is there a CD with the questionnaire to print as needed??

Thanks
Are we responsible for purchasing this? Or does licensing purchase it at our request? I was told by a local provider that we request it and they pay, but wasn't really sure.
Reimel61 02:40 PM 06-09-2015
Here is part of an email I received from the OCC-MSDE. I assume that every licensed provided will get one. I completed the training and have ordered my screening tool. It was very easy to complete.

"OCC recently learned that Maryland Public Television will be providing, for FREE, the 4 hour Developmental Screening Overview training that will be required as of July 1, 2016. This is an online, self-paced training. It is only available for free for a limited time, so now would be the perfect time to get registered.

It will be required that all Child Care Center, Letter of Compliance and Large Family Child Care Directors, Infant Teachers and Preschool Teachers and all Registered Family Child Care providers complete this training.

Registration is now open

As part of the preparation for conducting the Developmental Screenings, MSDE will be providing the Developmental Screening tool of your choice to your program and NO COST. However, you must apply for the Screening tool by December 31, 2015.

After that date, you will be responsible for obtaining an approved screening tool at your own expense.

Registration for the training and application for the screening tool are both located at this website. There is a limit of one tool per program.

http://www.thinkport.org/Career/course/ece.tp

If you have already completed the training through an approved trainer you may go to this website to apply for the tool. All applications for the free Developmental Screening tool must be made through this website."

grateday 05:57 PM 06-17-2015
I wonder if our state is headed that way because I seem to remember filling out a survey regarding whether or not childcare providers should do this.
Blackcat31 12:50 PM 06-18-2015
Originally Posted by grateday:
I wonder if our state is headed that way because I seem to remember filling out a survey regarding whether or not childcare providers should do this.
If you participate in Parent Aware, developmental assessments are required twice a year for each child.

You must use an approved assessment tool. ASQ is one of them.
daycare 01:42 PM 06-18-2015
not to hijack, but can anyone tell me why we are being required to conduct all of these over the top 35 page evals on children of all ages.

I am not talking just ASQ here, I am talking DRDP too.

whatever happened to children just playing and growing at their own pace???
Tags:developmental charts, developmental screening
Reply Up