Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pulling My Hair Out
lovemykidstoo 11:06 AM 05-14-2018
I have a family with 2 kids here. One is dcg 2 years old and dcb 13 months old. The dcg has been coming here awhile, dcb, since March. Only 2 days a week. Dcb is a constant crier. A month ago, I termed the dcb, then after some conversation agreed to try it just a bit more because he had only been coming a month. After that he was good. Last week and this week, he's been just awful in the mornings. Literally cried for an hour and a half this morning. I texted mom, told her that he had been crying for that length of time and asked if he was up last night and she said no he slept all night and then she asked if there was something she can do. By the time she texted me back he had stopped crying, so I said, no not now but I was going to tell her to come and get him. She works until 2:45 and of course she has an appt after work. She always has appts. In the meantime, dcb throws a toy and gets another dcg in the forehead. Luckily no scratch, but I get after her and she starts non stop crying. UGH . Just tired of that. I'm glad it's only 2 days a week, but I really don't even want to deal with it then.
grandmom 02:36 PM 05-14-2018
I think the problem is 2 days per week. If you have room without going over capacity, require the mom to bring him every day. At least till afternoon nap. For about 3-4 weeks. He will adjust quickly when he comes every day. Then you can back up to 2 days.

Good luck.
lovemykidstoo 03:16 PM 05-14-2018
I actually don't have any more availability. I am full to capacity.
Josiegirl 02:11 AM 05-15-2018
Dcb is 13 mo? Has he been in dc before? If so, do you know what happened that they stopped going there?
Kids throw toys; any way you can allow him only soft toys until that stops? Does he nap okay at dc?
Little guy might still be feeling scared with the relatively new surroundings and learning the routine. I think, if it was me, I'd find a way to use the older sister to help him adjust better. Is she adjusting okay? Does he cry a lot at home or just at dc? If he's going through separation anxiety it might be helpful for him to have something with momma's scent, to hold onto. Or laminate a picture of her for him to hold when he gets sad. Does he have a paci or lovey; he might need it a little extra for now.
Sorry for all the questions; sometimes we need more insight into the situation to offer help.
If it's too much to handle with the rest of your group, tell dcm you really cannot take them any longer. You tried and he's just not settling in with the group.
lovemykidstoo 05:03 AM 05-15-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Dcb is 13 mo? Has he been in dc before? If so, do you know what happened that they stopped going there?
Kids throw toys; any way you can allow him only soft toys until that stops? Does he nap okay at dc?
Little guy might still be feeling scared with the relatively new surroundings and learning the routine. I think, if it was me, I'd find a way to use the older sister to help him adjust better. Is she adjusting okay? Does he cry a lot at home or just at dc? If he's going through separation anxiety it might be helpful for him to have something with momma's scent, to hold onto. Or laminate a picture of her for him to hold when he gets sad. Does he have a paci or lovey; he might need it a little extra for now.
Sorry for all the questions; sometimes we need more insight into the situation to offer help.
If it's too much to handle with the rest of your group, tell dcm you really cannot take them any longer. You tried and he's just not settling in with the group.
He has not been in daycare before. He's the brother to the dcg and dad has been watching him up until now while dcg came here. They were going to bring him after 3 months old, then changed their mind (last June roughly), then they were going to bring him in August and changed their mind, then they were going to bring him in October and I said, I don't have room. They were torked, but you can't keep telling me he's coming and then not bring him. How long was I supposed to hold his spot? So the next time I had that spot available was a couple of months ago that he started.

I actually mis-typed. It was the dcg (2) that threw the toy, not the dcb. She does things like that if my eye isn't directly on her.

I've tried to have his sister help comfort him and she just puts her head down. She barely says a word and is very quiet. Then if she gets upset about something, he does too and starts yelling. He does do the same thing at home. Since he started dad has been off of work and he was here 9 hours a day. lol. Dad needed a break because he does the same thing there.

He doesn't carry a pacifier or blanket or stuffed animal of any kind unfortunately
Tags:adjustments, constant crying
Reply Up