Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Olympics....
Ms.Kay 06:00 AM 03-21-2019
So...you know how it goes ..parents are amazed how fast we can change diapers...kids listen to us...ect.
If there were a daycare olympics...what events would you enter???
Blackcat31 06:48 AM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Ms.Kay:
So...you know how it goes ..parents are amazed how fast we can change diapers...kids listen to us...ect.
If there were a daycare olympics...what events would you enter???
I would definitely enter "corralling kiddos" as I have no issues whatsoever in getting a dozen kids under age 5 to listen and comply with ONE adult while in a public setting.

We go to area businesses and parks and get comments all the time about how well the group of kids listen and behave verse seeing a parent wrangling one non-compliant child during story hour at the library.

I would also probably enter any event that focused on self-help skills. My newly turned 1 yr olds are very proficient with utensils and unlidded cups as well as dressing themselves. All things parents simply do not believe their children are capable of doing or worse parents have no patience to allow them to do on their own.
Ariana 08:36 AM 03-21-2019
Changing a diaper while the kid is standing! I have impressed so many people with this

Also distracting by making up songs and stories on the fly
Annalee 08:52 AM 03-21-2019
Getting out of my car and inside for drop-off and pick-up.

I could be to walmart and back before some of these parents can get out of their care and in the daycare.
jenboo 09:12 AM 03-21-2019
After having an infant daycare with 10 kids under two..... I could beat anyone in a diaper changing relay.
flying_babyb 07:49 PM 03-23-2019
I wish we could change kids standing up!

I excel at that!
Jiminycrickets 05:38 PM 03-25-2019
Filling a bottle from a sink with the right amount of water to make baby formula, without looking.
Or being able to tell which child has a poopy diaper just by the particular smell.
Hunni Bee 10:34 AM 03-26-2019
Setting up and serving a meal to 10 kids in less than five minutes. Fastest hands in the East.

I often get annoyed at other people in the outside world who move so slowly to me.
Tags:daycare experiences
Reply Up